New Entry / Exit Form

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Without scanning his passport on the way out... his exit

He's still here !!!
No departure record
He can’t unlock his passport with out signing in..computer don’t lie ..those days are over..ya they put in pock did you ever see a cash register.. still books get balanced and that money in his pocket will be submitted end of shift.. that’s why one guy control money to the right in POP…

Reactions: cavok

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Returned Sunday after three months' absence with no problem. So much for the experts here on DR1.

Nobody ever claimed to be an expert. The idea of a forum is that people express their opinions and you decide if you agree with them or not.

Reactions: David B

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
He can’t unlock his passport with out signing in..computer don’t lie ..those days are over..ya they put in pock did you ever see a cash register.. still books get balanced and that money in his pocket will be submitted end of shift.. that’s why one guy control money to the right in POP…

Clearly this is what happened, the RD$ 4000 wasn’t put in the guy’s pocket, he paid it over and updated the system correctly. I still maintain that if he had not, it would be very difficult to re-enter given the system said the passenger had never exited.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Clearly this is what happened, the RD$ 4000 wasn’t put in the guy’s pocket, he paid it over and updated the system correctly. I still maintain that if he had not, it would be very difficult to re-enter given the system said the passenger had never exited.
That would seem to be a logical conclusion, however, when the passport doesn't get scanned, one could draw a different logical conclusion.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
That would seem to be a logical conclusion, however, when the passport doesn't get scanned, one could draw a different logical conclusion.

I reckon his passport did get scanned. When he said the customs officer pulled him aside, he meant a Migración officer, not customs, the customs guys work on arrivals. And the only place you get Migración are on the little desks which everyone has to pass through. I suspect the officer scanned his passport, said he owed RD$ 4000, stamped the passport and put the money in his pocket. But the passport must have been scanned, maybe he just forgot it had been.

Reactions: cavok

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I reckon his passport did get scanned. When he said the customs officer pulled him aside, he meant a Migración officer, not customs, the customs guys work on arrivals. And the only place you get Migración are on the little desks which everyone has to pass through. I suspect the officer scanned his passport, said he owed RD$ 4000, stamped the passport and put the money in his pocket. But the passport must have been scanned, maybe he just forgot it had been.
Who knows, maybe things got tightened up in the last few years.

Reactions: MariaRubia

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Actually I do remember once I had to pay an exit fee at Punta Cana of RD$ 1000. The officer didn’t have change for my RD$ 2000 note so she said no problem, and we went together to Burger King. When we got there she asked if they could break the RD$ 2000 and they said only if we were buying something. Again no problem she said, made a call on her cellphone, asked what burger someone would like, bought two meals, paid with my RD$ 2000 and gave me RD$ 1000. So my exit fee was spent on her lunch.

And I also remember flying in to PUJ with some parsnips someone had asked me to bring. At customs they took them out and said I wasn’t allowed to bring in food. And the customs officer asked what they tasted like, and how you cooked them. And I thought hmm she’s planning her dinner.

But both of those happened way back in the day, like 8 years ago or more. Things have changed muchísimo since those days. No way that would happen today

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
But both of those happened way back in the day, l Things have changed muchísimo since those days. No way that would happen today.

…Still does happen….mi suegro brings lots of gifts for the kids….. and for his old Dominican friends ….so he always gets stopped by Aduana😫…like clockwork😬….he said the last time he got stopped….. just weeks ago …the Aduana guy asked him about a bottle of Tesco Special Reserve Scotch Whisky 1L bottle in his luggage ….”is this for me ?”😁…asked Aduana….” Erm …yes ? “😬….took the bottle ….zipped up the bag ….waved the other luggages through …all done….. in less than 2 minutes .

Miesposa’s reaction was….what?!!!😳😳😠…..my reaction was….“ wait , where did you get Tesco Scotch Whisky in São Paulo ??🇧🇷🤔🤔 …..Apparently , he had more of such …for his Dominican buddies🥴…. in the other luggages …

So…it was a good day for him 🇧🇷…and even better one for his Dominicans🥃🇩🇴🥴

• Haha
Reactions: nekokatt

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Sorry guys, nowhere near a scanner nor a stamper. I hadn't even approached the immigration kiosks as no one was there. I told him I owed 4k., gave him the money,, and he put it right in his pocket, and that was that. I was there, you weren't.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Nobody ever claimed to be an expert. The idea of a forum is that people express their opinions and you decide if you agree with them or not.
I meant to say know-it-alls but thought experts sounded less harsh. No, no one claimed to be an expert; they just write with that tone. And I see below that they are still pontificating over the subject.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
…Still does happen….mi suegro brings lots of gifts for the kids….. and for his old Dominican friends ….so he always gets stopped by Aduana😫…like clockwork😬….he said the last time he got stopped….. just weeks ago …the Aduana guy asked him about a bottle of Tesco Special Reserve Scotch Whisky 1L bottle in his luggage ….”is this for me ?”😁…asked Aduana….” Erm …yes ? “😬….took the bottle ….zipped up the bag ….waved the other luggages through …all done….. in less than 2 minutes .

Miesposa’s reaction was….what?!!!😳😳😠…..my reaction was….“ wait , where did you get Tesco Scotch Whisky in São Paulo ??🇧🇷🤔🤔 …..Apparently , he had more of such …for his Dominican buddies🥴…. in the other luggages …

So…it was a good day for him 🇧🇷…and even better one for his Dominicans🥃🇩🇴🥴

Aduanas are different. I always tell the maletero while I am waiting for my bags to come out that I don't want to be checked by customs and he usually disappears and then returns and says he has sorted it. I tip him extra and he passes on the extra to the customs guy. That's still possible. I stress that I never have anything I shouldn't have in my bags, but I always travel with a lot of bags and I just don't want the hassle of customs guys poking around in them. You are always better to pay a maletero (luggage porter), they always have a system going with the customs guys.

But immigration is different, at least in SDQ and PUJ, both are very organised and no chance of slipping money to someone IMO.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Sorry guys, nowhere near a scanner nor a stamper. I hadn't even approached the immigration kiosks as no one was there. I told him I owed 4k., gave him the money,, and he put it right in his pocket, and that was that. I was there, you weren't.

How did your passport get stamped with the exit stamp? And how did you get out of immigration without showing them the stamped passport?

Please help us and check your passport to see if you have an exit stamp corresponding to the date when this happened.

I was on a Delta flight once, we got to the runway and it was denied permission to take off because one passenger had not had his passport stamped, we had to return to the gate, they called for the passenger and he had to return to immigration. No word of a lie.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Dominican citizens can use AutoGate with a Dominican passport (it needs to be codified once at either Las Américas or Cibao and they charge a one time fee for this, then the same passport can be used free of charge until it expires) in both, leaving and arriving. Since it's all electronic and the whole process takes like 2 to 5 seconds, passports aren't stamped. That doesn't mean there are no records of the entry or exit. It comes up when the passport identity code is entered in an immigration computer (usually scanned by an immigration officer) in the DR and abroad. It's basically impossible to travel internationally with no records of passing through immigration, whether it's the traditional way with getting in line and seeing an immigration officer or through AutoGate which never has a line and an immigration officer is never seen.

If your bags are carry-ons only, you're literally out of the terminal within 10 minutes from stepping out of the airplane.

Last edited:

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
It's basically impossible to travel internationally with no records of passing through immigration

I agree. So it's hard to believe this story about someone handing an agent 4,000 pesos and him sticking it in his pocket.

Reactions: JD Jones