New Entry / Exit Form

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
If your residency card is expired, what's the point of even showing it to migration?
For "Long Time" over stayers, it could perhaps provide a ref. date as to how far back to charge overstay fees.

If the expiration is more current then last entry in passport.
lol :LOL: Sure I would venture migracion is capable of doing that. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Billp16

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
For "Long Time" over stayers, it could perhaps provide a ref. date as to how far back to charge overstay fees.

If the expiration is more current then last entry in passport.
lol :LOL: Sure I would venture migracion is capable of doing that. :ROFLMAO:
So, are you saying, for example, if your last entry date was a year ago, but your residency expired 3 months ago, you'll only be charged the 3 month overstay penalty? If that's the case, I'd still be hesitant to give migracion my residency card. I can see a real hassle getting it back.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
So, are you saying, for example, if your last entry date was a year ago, but your residency expired 3 months ago, you'll only be charged the 3 month overstay penalty? If that's the case, I'd still be hesitant to give migracion my residency card. I can see a real hassle getting it back.

why would i want it back ? surely i would want the new one, no ?

Also, i will have 30 days caduc residency, my stay was 7 months......... however no stamp in my new passport obviously---- and old passport got lost somewhere on the way back to me 😖😖.

I guess i better arrive early at the airport lol......

Reactions: aarhus

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
If your residency card is expired, what's the point of even showing it to migration?

Well i was here 7 months, and residency expired 1 month ago ...... i am hoping to get a pass .

Also, i could apply for renewal now ( as my passport arrived ), that should show up on their system, i guess .

Thoughts ?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Apply for the renewal...

My wife had this problem... they confiscated her card at POP
You need to file a police report for the missing card...... a real pain

At renewal, she saw the confiscated card in her file.

It's a bad scene when you are 'out of status'...........

Of course none of this has anything to do with the QR code form

Reactions: malko

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
why would i want it back ? surely i would want the new one, no ?

Also, i will have 30 days caduc residency, my stay was 7 months......... however no stamp in my new passport obviously---- and old passport got lost somewhere on the way back to me 😖😖.

I guess i better arrive early at the airport lol......
I was thinking you had to show or turn in your old card during renewal(?). Maybe not. I guess you just need a foto copy to upload online.

Reactions: aarhus

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Well i was here 7 months, and residency expired 1 month ago ...... i am hoping to get a pass .

Also, i could apply for renewal now ( as my passport arrived ), that should show up on their system, i guess .

Thoughts ?
I'm not sure if the overstay penalty is based on your last date of entry, or date of expiration of your residency(?).

I kind of doubt applying for a renewal would help you(?).

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I was thinking you had to show or turn in your old card during renewal(?). Maybe not. I guess you just need a foto copy to upload online.
Not that this proves anything, but I just looked and I have all of my old cedulas, but none of my old residency cards,.

Reactions: nekokatt

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Not that this proves anything, but I just looked and I have all of my old cedulas, but none of my old residency cards,.
That's odd. I have always had to surrender my old cedula to get my new one.

nekokatt

Feb 25, 2012
Right, Guzman told me dont show the expired card, enter as Tourist. have a stack of cedulas. residency card always get exchanged at DGM

Reactions: cavok

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Dominicans only at Las Américas and Cibao. At Punta Cana in addition to Dominicans it also process Americans and Canadians.

The Punta Cana AutoGate is slightly different from the ones in Las Américas and Cibao, in part because it’s owned by the Puntacana company while the others by the Dominican government. The passport info goes straight to the Migración institution regardless which one is used. For example, the Punta Cana AutoGate doesn’t includes taking fingerprints because the camera has facial recognition capability, the metal doors are see through glass, and it only exist for leaving the DR to the US or Canada, not entry into the DR. They charge a higher fee for the service and it doesn’t last for the life of the passport. For Dominicans the registration has a lower fee (it seems the fee was dropped for Dominicans, so register could be free and is required the first time only), its a one time fee and it lasts the life of the passport (if the passport is already registered, there is no fee) and can be used in any of the three airports. Once the passport expires (I think every six or ten years), the new passport has to be registered prior to using AutoGate, otherwise it will not function.

There was a rumor that it would be expanded to other airports such as Puerto Plata, but have no idea if that went through or is delayed or cancelled or if its the AutoGate from the government which is for Dominicans only (most likely this one) or like Punta Cana which includes some other nationalities. The Punta Cana AutoGate was suppose to expand to other nationalities such as Spain, France, and a few others; but don't know the current status.
Where in Las Americas can a Dominican Passport get registered for the autogate for all three supported airports ?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Where in Las Americas can a Dominican Passport get registered for the autogate for all three supported airports ?
You have to go to the blue desk by the stairs/CarolX in the second floor (blue). Tell them you want to register for autogate. Very quick and easy process. You will need to that once per passport (when you get a new one after renewal you will have to regidter again, apparently registering the new passport by them before they hand it to you for the first tome is too much to ask).

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
About the residency renewal and leaving while having it expired. In 2015, I had to renew my residency in April, but my passport expired in July. So I could not renew my residency before I got a new passport. So I went back home in June, so I then had to pay the fee from the date when the residency expired to when I left. If I would have gone from my entry date according to my passport at that time I would have had to pay 2 years of "fees". So that's one of the reasons why you should show your residency card.
And I don't know if they actually should take the residency card at the airport, because the lady at that time just said that I could keep it as I was going to come back and renew it. But then at DMG they always took my residency cards, but at JCE they never took the Cedulas, I have like 5 or 6 old ones, different agencies different standards.
So if they would ask to keep the residency card at the airport I would, first of all, ask them why and then explain that I need it for the renewal process.
But I also wonder if they would really need to see the card today, they should have all the information in their systems already. But who knows, some things here seem to be advancing when in fact in the background they might not.

Reactions: cavok