New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
I am finding it hard to believe that you are all complaining so strongly about the need to complete an online form instead of a paper form. It's 2021 people. If I visit the US I have had to complete an online ESTA for about 10 years now, no big deal. Online, not on paper. If I travel to the UK I have to complete a Passenger Locator Form before I arrive. Again online, not possible on paper. A form for DR is absolutely no different and if people are so stupid they travel and completely ignore the messages that their airlines give them about the need to complete this form, then they deserve to miss their flights.

Fully agree,I understand that some people may not have a smart phone or access to a computer .It should be quite limited especially from the DR1 crowd.Likely ,u have to use some sort of keyboards to enter your messages or you are using a touch screen :).... Well, do the same for an e-ticket and you certainly find quickly that it's a amazingly convenient !!!!

Reactions: MariaRubia

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This has nothing to do with how easy it is to fill out the form. Sure here on DR1 everyone knows about the form. But if you go to Punta Cana airport you will find almost no one that even knows it exists. So how can they require this form to leave or enter the DR? You tell me.............................

drisforme

May 28, 2016
This has nothing to do with how easy it is to fill out the form. Sure here on DR1 everyone knows about the form. But if you go to Punta Cana airport you will find almost no one that even knows it exists. So how can they require this form to leave or enter the DR? You tell me.............................
The e-ticket is not a substitute of the paper form at least as of now. Paper form is still available at the airport.However ,did not see available in the plane. Jetblue crew was advertising the electronic form.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Hi everyone. I wonder if anyone now what to do if during filling out the E-Ticket form you can't provide cédula # because you don't have one.
You go to the airport and fill out the blue form that everyone else is also filling out. Bring a pen.

Reactions: Big

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
The e-ticket is not a substitute of the paper form at least as of now. Paper form is still available at the airport.However ,did not see available in the plane. Jetblue crew was advertising the electronic form.
Will be mandatory shorty, limit day was extended one more week, after that no more papers acepted.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
DR is a tourist driven Country. You can tell by Covid restrictions to enter. There are and NEVER were any, unlike the rest of the World. This E Ticket would destroy the tourist industry. Think about stranding 200 people from France from flying home. They might well continue this, but it will NEVER be a condition of flying in or out of the Dominican Republic.......................

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
DR is a tourist driven Country. You can tell by Covid restrictions to enter. There are and NEVER were any, unlike the rest of the World. This E Ticket would destroy the tourist industry. Think about stranding 200 people from France from flying home. They might well continue this, but it will NEVER be a condition of flying in or out of the Dominican Republic.......................
There are always resistence to the changes, part of the good thing of the new entry form online is that you only have to fill it out practicaly one time, in the resturn they only ask for few question and not necesary to redo all, also will help with the statistics, also migration. Canada started the process to eliminate the forms too, last time I visited Montreal before landing they announced no need the form because must be filled out in a kiosko, so here we are doing the same but in your laptop, desktop or celular. The newspaper reported that the main problem was at Santiago Airport STI, wich is not airport for tourist, over the 90% of travelers there are Dominican and from the 10% entering as a tourist probably 8% is also dominican coming with USA Passport.

Airlines, Travel agencies are well informed about the e-tickets, and for those who buy a ticket online airline send right after information about e-ticket with the link to make the process.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There are always resistence to the changes, part of the good thing of the new entry form online is that you only have to fill it out practicaly one time, in the resturn they only ask for few question and not necesary to redo all, also will help with the statistics, also migration. Canada started the process to eliminate the forms too, last time I visited Montreal before landing they announced no need the form because must be filled out in a kiosko, so here we are doing the same but in your laptop, desktop or celular. The newspaper reported that the main problem was at Santiago Airport STI, wich is not airport for tourist, over the 90% of travelers there are Dominican and from the 10% entering as a tourist probably 8% is also dominican coming with USA Passport.

Airlines, Travel agencies are well informed about the e-tickets, and for those who buy a ticket online airline send right after information about e-ticket with the link to make the process.
What are you smoking??????????????????

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I don't how or where to propose this but
the site should save the traveler's information instead of entering it every time

I just did it in English for my wife again... in English and it worked well
but passport, birth date, etc could be saved

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
Actually, Recently I have done it in English

But Yes... prior you needed the Spanish

It offers a variety of languages.....several

To be be cold blooded about it
If you are here and haven't enough Spanish to fill it out....... ????
hi will. do you have to fill one out when you leave also? or is that discontinued ?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My wife is leaving ---

Yes - one for entry and one for leaving
More questions on entry..... health & customs/Aduana

Feb 7, 2007
Well...

Attachments

• IMG-20210503-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20210503-WA0026.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: cavok

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
hi will. do you have to fill one out when you leave also? or is that discontinued ?
Yes, the one for leaving is shorter as they already have the information of your entry. What Im not sure is how works leaving, maybe you have to recover the form information so that way make possible to skip re enter the information they already has.

Status
Not open for further replies.