New fines for no masks in public places....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Reactions: nortenomore

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017

This will be bad for all
Only until the people rise up and overthrow this government will things change,tourist industry down the drain.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Maybe its me, but wearing a mask isn't hard at all. One elastic over one ear, the other elastic over the other ear, adjust the central piece over half of the nose, lips, and chin; voila! The process litterally takes seconds. After a short while you even forget it's there, that the face recognition to open smart phone programs becomes the reminder when it can't read your face and asks for the password. lol

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Only until the people rise up and overthrow this government will things change,tourist industry down the drain.
We have elections soon. Something as drastic as you are suggesting I doubt will be necessary. Maybe you are confused about the country and I am sure people are still going to want to come here.

nortenomore

Jul 26, 2019

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
First they bleed people dry by taking away their
jobs. Now they want to steal even more? This
country is seriously moving backwards.

Reactions: Garyexpat

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
everyday in parque mirador in santo domingo, 95% people are walking or running without masks on, right in front of police. rules are not enforced there.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
everyday in parque mirador in santo domingo, 95% people are walking or running without masks on, right in front of police. rules are not enforced there.
Unless these are N95 type masks its only an alibi, a masquerade to make people fell the government cares.
Banning all public transport would have a real effect.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
In a country where the average Jose thinks illness is caused by getting wet in the rain the current behavior is to be expected.
When the hospitals are overwhelmed and the deaths skyrocket the government may do something.
I would like to see the science behind only N95 masks being beneficial as it is contrary to the opinions of the medical experts I have seen.
In addition the N95 masks restrict breathing and are uncomfortable to wear for long periods.
The increased breathing effort make them nearly impossible to wear if you are exercising or even walking uphill on a hot day.
If people are not wearing ordinary paper masks what is the likelihood of them wearing the much more expensive N95s?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This expresses things well... I think

Applies to any country
=====================================

Anthony Fauci, the government’s top infectious disease expert, told Congress yesterday: “The next couple of weeks are going to be critical in our ability to address those surges that we are seeing in Florida, Texas, Arizona, and other states.” If the surges aren’t reversed, they will create a much larger pool of people who have the virus and can then spread it to others.​
Whether the U.S. succeeds during this next stage is not a matter of epidemiology or lab science. It’s a matter of political will. It does not even require severe new lockdowns in most places.​
As my colleague Apoorva Mandavilli, a science reporter, says: “There are ways to be responsible and socialize, but people don’t seem to be able to draw the line between what’s OK and what is not. For too many people, it seems to be binary — they are either on lockdown or taking no precautions.”​

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Somebody told me that they are demanding that masks be worn even when alone in a car. Anyone know if that's true?

I've been stopped twice for not having my mask on. Both times I put it on and I was waved on. One time they took a picture of me with my mask on. Haina and San Cristobal

Reactions: drstock

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
I've been stopped twice for not having my mask on. Both times I put it on and I was waved on. One time they took a picture of me with my mask on. Haina and San Cristobal
good luck on getting tourists back,this S..T will stop when the new president comes in,until then,dont plan on opening july 1 for tourism

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i don't wear any mask when I am jogging in park. i simply stay away from everyone, keep a distance. not many people care to wear a mask in parks when exercising. police is there and they don't seem to care. I do wear a mask when I am stores and in public places, except when i am in park or in my car.

Reactions: NanSanPedro
Status
Not open for further replies.