New Goverment

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
Does anyone here thinks that DR will be better off with a goverment like we had when Trujillo was in power??????

Name good and bad reason............

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Does anyone here thinks that DR will be better off with a goverment like we had when Trujillo was in power??????

Tallman;

NO to both good and bad.

In addition, you're jugglig a very hot potato with that question. By aastretch of definition, it COULD be interpreted as prelimenary to insurrection.
just my dod pesos worth.

Texas Bill

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Oh please, not another "I missTrujillo's hard line" debate!

When are we gonna learn a totalitarian government is totally corrupt, murderous, oppressive, repressive and undenileably counter productive to progress and true freedom?
There is no "good" reason, nor any logical argument to support it. If anyone feels a need to justify such a system, just take a peek at what Kim Jong Il (north Korean dictator) is doing to his people..... According to Reuters, et al, "Kim has been described by psychological profilers as a 'malignant narcissist'; He cares only for himself and is indiferent to the pain of others".
This man is worse than evil itself.
I'm old enought to remember Trujillo's dictadura, and he was no better than any other present-day oppressor. This man killed without remorse. His only concern at the time was to stay in power at all cost. Like other crime bosses, Trujillo rewarded his underlings and ensured their loyalty by letting them share the loot. His extended family, the top echelon of his govt. and the upper ranks of the military and security services all benefited from this arrangement to the detriment of just about everyone else.
If the OP cares to point out any "good' stemming from "the goat", speak now.:paranoid:

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Don Juan.

I understand you to say, the more things change, the more they stay the same?

What are the "good" reasons you see for the current administration? Your knowledge please?

Regards.
Sollie

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
A new cuadillo would only perpetuate the plight of the Dominican Republic..

Now if they where to install and old-style Roman dictatorship with limitless iperium but a fixed time and no re-election.. specifically to clean up the country.. that would be something different

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Leonel can do better.

Don Juan.

I understand you to say, the more things change, the more they stay the same?

What are the "good" reasons you see for the current administration? Your knowledge please?

Regards.
Sollie

There's no question about him being the best president ever. Any previous head of govt. has not come closed to achieving the economity and political stability we have today. Unfortunately, his influence in making DR a truely prosperous nation has fallen short of expectation. Leonel, for enigmatic reasons, has not diligently addressed the very obvious list of ills that afflicts our nation today. To wit: the electricity problem, corruption, cronyism, not fullfilling NAFTA's conditions for integration, etc.
In order to prosper as a nation, it is imperative, nay, absolutely essential, to build and maintain a stable, reliable energy structure. i.e. Power plants of any sort. Nuclear, Hydro, Coal, Gas, etc. One only needs to look at China to realize the tremendous growth in GNP due to its efford to modernize and power its industries. If we could emulate their drive, a 13% annual growth rate for DR wouldn't be an unrealistic dream. We have great potential for prosperity but we can't do it without energy, prosecuting scofflaws, and transparency in govt.dealings.........It's now or never.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
A new cuadillo would only perpetuate the plight of the Dominican Republic..

Now if they where to install and old-style Roman dictatorship with limitless iperium but a fixed time and no re-election.. specifically to clean up the country.. that would be something different

MerengueDutchie;

I hate to say it, but if such a system were embraced, the incumbent would NEVER vacate his position on time. Look at Baleguer(sp?), Hipolito and a couple of others from the past. It isn't in the Dominican psche to relinquish power once it is gained.

Texas Bill