New Grocery Store in Sabaneta

Aug 21, 2007
Yes. When I first visited the store I asked an employee the name of the owner. She said Rudis. He is a nice guy. Lived in New Nersey.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
An even bigger one will be ready in a few months outside GH, I was told. From our heroe from the house on the hill.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
do you realize that just a few decades ago that shoreline you drive by (below his house) was a field/pasture?
Cows, coconut trees - lots of open space - the road was out there....
but was lost.

If you look closely today, you'll see the erosion continuing

Where do you suppose the land to reposition the road came from... from whom?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Yes. When I first visited the store I asked an employee the name of the owner. She said Rudis. He is a nice guy. Lived in New Nersey.
I visited El Marinero again today. I was driven. as always now due to my failing eyesight by my worker, Tuly, and we also met Rudis who, as living close by in La Catalina, they are great friends. So, not only did I get to meet the jefe but got a great tour of the store and a guide for the things I needed and could not spot immediately. All the staff were friendly and attentive and everything is spotlessly clean and tidy. I mentioned a couple of things that were not available, i.e. mango chutney and am sure Rudis will get it ordered along with a few other things that I needed but could not, at the moment buy there. All in all though, it was another good experience of what a supermarket should really be for everyone.

Only regret I have that I did not remeber to claim our 10 lb bag of free rice which I saw posted but was not offered despite spending RD$ 9000!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
dr

try the Linda brand clamato type..... a fraction of the Clamato brand price and tastes better - to me anywayLinda

Linda - Cocktail Cervecero

Reactions: drstock
Aug 21, 2007
I have been twice and unable to find Clamato both times. You could add that to the list please!

Will add this to my list.

On the other hand - next time you go, head to the bakery counter. They do not have much homemade offerings. But on the left hand side are loaves of bread. There is a cinnamon raisin bread. It is made in the US and is to die for. Buy it. Toast it. Eat it. I guarantee you will go back and buy another loaf!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Will add this to my list.

On the other hand - next time you go, head to the bakery counter. They do not have much homemade offerings. But on the left hand side are loaves of bread. There is a cinnamon raisin bread. It is made in the US and is to die for. Buy it. Toast it. Eat it. I guarantee you will go back and buy another loaf!
I also would have liked to buy Indian style Mango Chutney but, unfortunately, it wasn't available as yet. No pita bread either which I like to use for mini pizzas just for me solo!

Reactions: LindseyKaufman