New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelowrey

Apr 24, 2016
Hey everyone,

New guy to the site, a lot of very good people in here and very active community (I like that) but my main purpose of joining here is because I would like to find out or if you could point me out to the current events in regards to Gun laws in the country. Anyone who is familar with the subject or know of someone that I can communicate with in DR I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you.

ML

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
mikelowrey,

Just noticed that the second link is to a thread in "OFF-TOPIC" which can only be viewed by those with 501 posts or more.

mikelowrey

Apr 24, 2016
SantiagoDR,

thank you for the links and for the 2nd one Is gonna take me a while to be able to access it. I am a DR Citizen and can establish Legal residency with no problems. Do you happen to know someone that owns a gun store or is knowledgeable? Thank you.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Any gun store can give you the information you need, they will be more then happy to help you and sell you a gun. The gun will be available for pickup at police headquarters in Santo Domingo after your license is issued.

Shop around, prices may be higher/lower at different stores.

The yearly costs for renewal of a hand gun will run around $10,000 pesos currently and involve a trip to Santo Domingo every year for the ballistic test, plus an approved drug test at authorized clinics around the country.

Shotguns are a one time, lifetime license.

You must pass drug test, psychological exam, background check.
The gun shops can usually supply you with any help that is needed as to how and what to do.

As a Dominican citizen you are eligible to apply.

mikelowrey

Apr 24, 2016
SantiagoDR,

Excellent, thank you so much for such detailed info. I just wish the country come down to its common sense and understand that outlawing guns is not the right thing to do. Muchas gracias!

Status
Not open for further replies.