New Liquor Curfew Ordinance

May 31, 2005
It probably is illegal to transport it when it is opened or visible. Maybe you can transport it in your trunk as long as it is not opened.

amigoted

RD$35 and a Ham Sandwich!
Nov 12, 2003
I don't think this new law could possibly have a positive effect! As already stated all the late night employees and moto cochos will have to look elsewhere for income (robbery??) The other downfall is tourism. we have 4 guest in our hotel right now and all 4 of them were back by12:30am complaining about the"NEW LAW" IMO this will create a lot of cacellations and cause people to look elsewhere for their party vacation! I hope it doesn't last!
Ted

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
I am going to check it out

Lets see what happens. I am going to Francifol tonite for the wine tasting that they have every wednesday.

Lets see what happens at midnight.
I will report tomorrow.

Wag

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
Wag said:
Lets see what happens. I am going to Francifol tonite for the wine tasting that they have every wednesday.

Lets see what happens at midnight.
I will report tomorrow.

Wag

The military will probably break the doors down and 12:01 and tell everyone to leave.lol.

Jan 5, 2006
Tor said:
If this continues, wouldl it not open the door wide open for Hipolitto in the next election ?
Considering that his administration is largely responsible for the current increase in crime, I don't think that he has a chance in hell.

Hipolito was the one who allowed drug trafficking to proliferate during his tenure; he was in charge when a bunch of people with criminal histories were appointed to the police and military (the same ones that are now robbing and killing people while in uniform); and he was the one who pardoned and released hundreds of prisoners before leaving office. People may forget, but there will always be others to remind them of what that idiot did.

G

gary short

Simon & Nicky said:
If I was going out to shoot someone I very much doubt if it would make good sense to down a dozen beers BEFORE I committed the crime.

Well ya.........your aim would be off......

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
NYc under mayor dinkins was the same way complete disrespect for the law , anyone with a security background knows u have to set the tone and enforce the thelaw this is great news for the country but leonel has to be totally committed . enforce the small little laws or the BROKEN WINDOW THEORY" when u dont fix the little crack on your windshield, what is the end result? it makes dr more family oriented and this will bring more tourism dollars just look at the LAS VEGAS EXPERIENCE" dr doesnt need all these european sex mongers because they dont generate the real tourism money DR will indeed be the Caribbean jewel:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
darn...

just when I thought DR was ok to visit again (Nov) I have to read this shocker.
Thanks god I havn't booked yet.
will keep an eye on it and hope this goes away soon.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
mikey007 said:
NYc under mayor dinkins was the same way complete disrespect for the law , anyone with a security background knows u have to set the tone and enforce the thelaw this is great news for the country but leonel has to be totally committed . enforce the small little laws or the BROKEN WINDOW THEORY" when u dont fix the little crack on your windshield, what is the end result? it makes dr more family oriented and this will bring more tourism dollars just look at the LAS VEGAS EXPERIENCE" dr doesnt need all these european sex mongers because they dont generate the real tourism money DR will indeed be the Caribbean jewel:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
You mean to tell us that Las Vega has a curfew on liquor too. Hey friend why do you think Las Vega is called "sin city"

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
great idea make i city preferably in the north coast a sin city :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
Las vegas is making a lot moe money when it became more family oriented and clamped down on the street prostitution . thats why u dont see those european sex mongers hanging out in vegas . also DR should really clamp down on those europeans looking for underage sex in DR:glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

mikey007 said:
Las vegas is making a lot moe money when it became more family oriented and clamped down on the street prostitution . thats why u dont see those european sex mongers hanging out in vegas . also DR should really clamp down on those europeans looking for underage sex in DR:glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

Well lets hope we dont have to see those arrogant drunken AMERICAN sex mongers crawling around in the streets either. Do you take the point??!

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
NO. US passed legislation on this sensitive issue . American sex mongers in DR caught with underage children will be prosecuted in the great US

G

gary short

mikey007 said:
NO. US passed legislation on this sensitive issue . American sex mongers in DR caught with underage children will be prosecuted in the great US

And Canadians in Canada will and have recently been prosecuted for pedophilia in countries like Thailand and the Phillipines.

G

gary short

mikey007 said:
gary u r right on the money

Bud.......I hate to see anything remotely like sex crimes involving children.........it makes me sick to the stomach.....