New Overstay Schedule??

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I saw this photo on Facebook, but don't hold me to it, no date from when it is applied makes it odd...!

Attachments

• img_1_1700448743379.jpg
    img_1_1700448743379.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 167

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Does anyone know what the overstay fee would be if you lost your old passport and have no proof of entry? Is there a max fee?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Does anyone know what the overstay fee would be if you lost your old passport and have no proof of entry? Is there a max fee?
About 5 years ago.. I told them just that, lost my old passport...they told me to miss my flight and go home until I found it... seems I had the number of my old one in my wallet

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
About 5 years ago.. I told them just that, lost my old passport...they told me to miss my flight and go home until I found it... seems I had the number of my old one in my wallet
Wow! I'm guessing thy were able to find your entry in their system with the old passport number?

The problem in this case is a friend of mine has been here over 10 years. He has to go back for major medical problems. He entered as a crew member, so the passport was never stamped. So, even if he finds the passport number, I'm not sure that will help(?).

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
A while ago someone who posted here, but I cannot recall name, had his passport stolen by his girlfriend because she wanted him to stay with her.

His brother was dying and he needed to return to the US. I helped him prepare an application for a temporary passport. The Consulate gave it to him and he was able to return to the US. If I remember correctly, he didn't have too much trouble with Migración in Puerto Plata on departure.

EDIT: It was Derfish whose passport was stolen.

Last edited:

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
A while ago someone who posted here, but I cannot recall name, had his passport stolen by his girlfriend because she wanted him to stay with her.

His brother was dying and he needed to return to the US. I helped him prepare an application for a temporary passport. The Consulate gave it to him and he was able to return to the US. If I remember correctly, he didn't have too much trouble with Migración in Puerto Plata on departure.

He has a relatively new passport, so that isn't a problem. The problem is in proving when he entered.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Migración, as I recall, did not question his original entry date.

That was pre-pandemic, so things might be different now.

Reactions: cavok

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

Der Fish.. had that problem with several of his chicas