New price hike on electricity

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Thanks Buzard. Can you fill in the missing entries for "At 700 " That would be useful.

I would point out that not everybody is US$ based and most of the increase has come in the last six months with more to come !.

Olly

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Thanks Buzard. Can you fill in the missing entries for "At 700 " That would be useful.

I would point out that not everybody is US$ based and most of the increase has come in the last six months with more to come !.

Olly
Sorry, Olly, no can do. I get the rates from my monthly bills. I haven't (fortunately) hit that bracket in the last few years.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I now have the figures for "over 700 kWh " Oct/Nov 11.15 , Dec/Feb 11.60 , March 14.04 all in Pesos. Increase October to March at 26 %

Thanks to Amanda for the info.

Olly and the team

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
The increases are just beginning. Diesel fuel just jumped in the US to nearly $6 per gallon from $5. Coal just went from $175 last year to $250 this week. If these prices stick, everything from airfare to electric will be rising a lot.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Thank you to both Olly & Amanda.
I will plug in the #s and "republish" in a new thread.
I now have the figures for "over 700 kWh " Oct/Nov 11.15 , Dec/Feb 11.60 , March 14.04 all in Pesos. Increase October to March at 26 %

Thanks to Amanda for the info.

Olly and the team

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Just got our Edenorte Bill for March/April and the comparisons with on from August/September last year are quite startling.
Aug/Sep Mar/Apr % Increase
Up to 200kWh 4.44 5.97 27.7 %
Next 100 kWh 6.27 8.51 35.7 %
Up to 700kWh 10.86 13.83 27.3 %

Wow that is some price hike!!!

Olly
When you go from, say, 200kWh to 300kWh, isn't the whole 300 kWh calculated at 8.51?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Just paid our April bill today in Boca Chica. 868 pesos.
Without consumed kWh and devices used, my opinion is that posts/comments like this provide little to no useful information... I mean no offense here, but this is the same as someone complaining about high cost of [anything] without any details provided...

Our bill is increasing, 5,900 pesos for April as the $/per kWh is climbing, but due to health reasons, we're using the A/C quite a bit as well as hot water heater... Add to that large fridge, water pump and a few computers... With the increasing temperatures, I'd rather ensure that everyone sleeps okay than pay less for luz...

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Without consumed kWh and devices used, my opinion is that posts/comments like this provide little to no useful information... I mean no offense here, but this is the same as someone complaining about high cost of [anything] without any details provided...

Our bill is increasing, 5,900 pesos for April as the $/per kWh is climbing, but due to health reasons, we're using the A/C quite a bit as well as hot water heater... Add to that large fridge, water pump and a few computers... With the increasing temperatures, I'd rather ensure that everyone sleeps okay than pay less for luz...

No problem, Josh. What I was trying to get across is that our bill is just about the same since this thread has begun. Maybe the rates have gone up but we just aren't seeing any manifestation.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
No problem, Josh. What I was trying to get across is that our bill is just about the same since this thread has begun. Maybe the rates have gone up but we just aren't seeing any manifestation.
In that case, my apologies. I missed that part... Indeed I just now saw your reply on this thread earlier with a similar total. Sorry again, it's just that quite a few times I've seen comments here that "my luz is so and so expensive" without any mention of how/where the electricity is consumed, and I find those posts to servce zero purpose as you cannot make any comparisons and how people consume electricity differs quite a bit, I'd imagine.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

So just over 100 dollars US.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Well, personally I can just say that YES it has increased significantly. Last year in April I paid around 1500 pesos for the electrical bill, and this April I paid more than 3k. I did use more kwh, but if I had been paying for the same amount last year as I consumed this April I would have paid 26.5% less. That's quite a high increase, and although it's worse in other places around the world, this is not just a spike but something permanent and it's only going to become more and more expensive.