New Rte#5 construction projects in Sosua

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Lots of rumors but have not seen actual answer to what is being built next to roadside fruit stand and in the large quarry size pit with a zinc fence. New Metro station, firehouse, high rise condo, long awaited hospital?

Reactions: CristoRey

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Lots of rumors but have not seen actual answer to what is being built next to roadside fruit stand and in the large quarry size pit with a zinc fence. New Metro station, firehouse, high rise condo, long awaited hospital?
When you said "New Metro Station", for a moment I thought you meant they were going to have an underground railway in Sosua! :giggle:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was told it was going to be the new Caribe Tours station. Metro is by the gas station.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I'm curious as to why they had to excavate about 10 feet of earth - especially if it's going to be a bus station(?).

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It was a worker at the current Caribe Tours office next door, so they probably don't really know.
A taxi driver told be it will be a new Caribe Tours station, with parking. However, the bg sign above describes a lot more, including something for the chuch

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Isn't the existing Caribe Tours location under construction???
or reconstruction??
That is the subject of this thread and that is what I was told about the excavation next to the current station in Sosua.

Another thought: Perhaps the transit mafia will be forced to allow Caribe Tours to eventually start from further on down the road in the direction of Islabon, GH, Nagua, etc...

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
That is the subject of this thread and that is what I was told about the excavation next to the current station in Sosua.

Another thought: Perhaps the transit mafia will be forced to allow Caribe Tours to eventually start from further on down the road in the direction of Islabon, GH, Nagua, etc...
Caribe tours goes to Rio San Juan.....just not between there and Sosua..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think that's the point that Windeguy was making.
Yes, I should have said "pick up and discharge passengers" in Cabarete, Islabon, GH, etc..

From Rio San Juan, do they head to Santo Domingo or in the direction of Sosua?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, I should have said "pick up and discharge passengers" in Cabarete, Islabon, GH, etc..

From Rio San Juan, do they head to Santo Domingo or in the direction of Sosua?
Yes
They come from SD - and stop at RSJ
They leave RSJ for SD.... with stops along the way...... 2 express buses daily (Cabrera-SD)