New shop in Sosua

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Hello members,

Who knows more about the new retail shop,
that will open at the corner Clisante / Rosen ??

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I think somebody else said it was going to be a clothing store? Which is too bad, cause we really needed another large disco/bar/restaurant.
Lots of activity in the old Moby Dicks this past week. Gutted and new tile flooring already about halfway completed. Haven't heard anything from a credible source, but word on the street is a Chinese restaurant. I can say that there has been an Asian gentleman there who seems to be overseeing the remodel.

If true, I wish them luck. That's a mighty big space.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
I looked inside as I walked by today.  Very big space. New white tile floor. Low ceiling with multiple columns. But completely empty! No shelves, furniture or equipment of any kind inside yet.

So I have no idea what it’s going to be? 
I remember back in 2004, Marco (of Rocky’s fame. RIP) told me that it used to be the most popular disco in town. But it had already been long closed back then (2004).

Anyone here actually go there when it was open?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
discoteca-mobi-dick.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i took liberty to edit the title of the thread to make things more clear for posters.

Irie

Aug 15, 2014
Now I understand that the Chinese clothing store on Calle Ayuntamiento is moving into the new location.   Makes a little more sense....

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
I looked inside as I walked by today.  Very big space. New white tile floor. Low ceiling with multiple columns. But completely empty! No shelves, furniture or equipment of any kind inside yet.

slatwall are installed

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Moby Dick was indeed a popular spot. At that time Merengue bar was very good too as they did not let Putas into the bar. Instead they hawked from the sidewalk. Also Tucan and Casablanca were hot spots. AT the entrance that used to be for Moby Dick is my friend Senor Hot Dog who puts out a great dog for 50 Pesos, Chaco is his name (sp).

So I have no idea what it’s going to be? 
I remember back in 2004, Marco (of Rocky’s fame. RIP) told me that it used to be the most popular disco in town. But it had already been long closed back then (2004).

Anyone here actually go there when it was open?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I hope they sell Chancletas .. I jusst love me the sound of a new pair of Chancletas.