New Software

Caonabo

ABINADER 2020
Sep 27, 2017
It may be one reason, but it's not just the layout that is putting me off. I've been a DR1 member for 14 years. When I first joined, I found it to be a wealth of information for newbies like me. And as my experiences grew I enjoyed contributing and helping others, in return for a "like".

Today, in my opinion it feels more like a platform for grumpy old men who love to argue behind the veil of anonymity. I also feel that the Off topic section has tainted this website. It is not possible to hold civilized discussion with so much diversity and division mainly from the American members.

The help section has now migrated to Facebook. There are some genuinely helpful people for expats there and all you have to do is click on their profile to see who they are.
You are correct. There is definitely a strong anti-American sentiment possessed within from the Brits.

El Rey de Mangu

"Everybody's a gangster..."
Sep 22, 2009
It may be one reason, but it's not just the layout that is putting me off. I've been a DR1 member for 14 years. When I first joined, I found it to be a wealth of information for newbies like me. And as my experiences grew I enjoyed contributing and helping others, in return for a "like".

Today, in my opinion it feels more like a platform for grumpy old men who love to argue behind the veil of anonymity. I also feel that the Off topic section has tainted this website. It is not possible to hold civilized discussion with so much diversity and division mainly from the American members.

The help section has now migrated to Facebook. There are some genuinely helpful people for expats there and all you have to do is click on their profile to see who they are.
In my defense, I'm only 49. Many of us have interacted with each other for years. It may seem like arguing, but I actually like logging in and seeing some of them. Even if I have a humorous it sarcastic reply. If it's a truly serious question and not some clown, I try my best to be honest.

Reactions: Mr Deal HD

Caonabo

ABINADER 2020
Sep 27, 2017
In my defense, I'm only 49. Many of us have interacted with each other for years. It may seem like arguing, but I actually like logging in and seeing some of them. Even if I have a humorous it sarcastic reply. If it's a truly serious question and not some clown, I try my best to be honest.
49 years of age?
ww has Speedo banana hammocks older than you.

• Haha
Reactions: El Rey de Mangu

william webster

Jan 16, 2009
Remember - he was 29 for 4 yrs......39 for 3......

Bit of old lady..... viejaita ......
I know the sort !!

hahaha

That banana hammock has served me well
ever since I was 2nd in the wet boxer shorts contest....

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

ABINADER 2020
Sep 27, 2017
I do not know much of the reaction score purpose, but it would be nice if I could trade in my trophy points for a DR1 windbreaker or golf cap.

• Haha
Reactions: AlterEgo and johne

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I noticed I was just awarded a "serious likeable trophy". Any chance that comes with a free Presidente.
I wonder what that half tard wanna be mobster with inferiority issues that always needed likes, dislikes ,etc and was recently banned from off topic would say about this. Up till a few minutes ago I knew nothing about these awards.
They really should come with a free beer or as Caonabo mentioned a free hat.

Cdn_Gringo

Apr 29, 2014
I encountered a 1000 character limit while trying to post The President's speech from last night. What's up with this post length restriction?