New Software

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Asked once before, but not answered, is there any "click on here" to monitor your daily/weekly/monthly postings to the forum such as with the previous format?
(Just a little bored of speaking about Covid every day)

Not sure if this is what you want, but if you click on your ID pic, twice, you’ll see options for Latest Activity. Postings. Etc.

Reactions: Caonabo

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It is just my impression but it seems to take a lot more time to navigate around the site and get through the various threads. I'm not sure why, but threads with lots of new replies take forever to get to the end with endless scrolling past the quoted material. Rarely do I get to the point when I check for new posts and there aren't any. This may be a people issue, but with the old software I could fly through the threads and consider myself caught up. Rarely is that the case these days. Now I have to skip some threads completely. The separated news stories add to this increase in volume for sure. Instead of one consolidated post there are now dozens of individual threads/posts (one per news Item) occasionally the news generates more then one new thread for a topic.
I only have so much time to spend absorbing the wisdom of the other DR1 users and my impression is the new software and layout is somehow slowing down the whole process. I've also noticed that a few posters have taken to posting the exact same post in several different threads. Reading the same words more than once in more than one thread is a waste of time in my opinion.

All in all DR1 is what it is and will function however, Delores wants it to. If Asked, I'd vote for the clean and sharp focus of vbulletin again. Or even better if the new software could be made more efficient like not blasting you into the middle of a thread when you click on the link to temporarily unblock a post from someone that is on ignore. I want to see the content of that post not all the posts from the same user and I would prefer if the screen focused stayed on the post I clicked on rather than skipping to somewhere else within the thread because I then have to navigate back to where I was originally before the jump.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A nice feature would be knowing how many new posts you are going to find in a thread in the results displayed when you click on "New posts" That way I can decide if I wish to wade through 68 new posts in the Sosua thread before opening the thread to discover that I don't have the attention span or level of interest to make it to the end.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Seems the new software has eliminated the OT forum. Therefore is is of little use

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
Asked once before, but not answered, is there any "click on here" to monitor your daily/weekly/monthly postings to the forum such as with the previous format?
(Just a little bored of speaking about Covid every day)

there are these options on profile: News Feed , Your Content, Reactions

Then at the top menu there's new posts, etc. Which link are you missing? The new forum software was developed by the same people who developed the old forum software, however the old forum was quite dated and not able to be upgraded and a wide open security risk, and luckily nothing major happened.

2020-07-30_13-06.png

2020-07-30_13-07.png

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Maybe if someone was posting in OT forum and was not from the DR and don’t live in the DR they may have lost interest.

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Very true. However, some of the sickness is beginning to seep out into the other forums.
If someone is not from DR, doesn’t live here and doesn’t even travel here it would be unusual to be very active on dr1