New Software

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Although not a fan of the fonts (or is it typeface?) because I find them to be very strong on the eyes, it is a pleasure to see the much maligned Off Topic Forum, along with it's various thread lines back up and running.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
In also have the four dots (arrows) to post a reply. No preview button .I am using Google Chrome.

THEIR IS A PROBLEM WITH THIS UPDATE.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Whats the difference between “Whats new” and “New posts” ?

Bahoruco

Jun 24, 2011
In the new software under your personal account info under:
  • 'Your profile' - 'Postings': You find all postings you did since upgrade to the new software
    • 'Your profile' - 'Messages': I see count of all my messages including the old ones, but I find under 'Postings' only new postings (since upgrade)​
  • 'Your account' - 'Bookmarks': You find all bookmarked (or 'favourite') posts you bookmarked, also since upgrade to the new software
I cannot find back any more my bookmarks or postings dating before the software upgrade around the 14th of April 2020.
Some of these contain useful information for me, so I would like to be able to find them back.
Is there a possibility to find back or migrate these 'old' postings or bookmarks?

Maybe this question is asked earlier, but I could not find back any reference to it.

Reactions: Michael DR

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
What's up with all the old threads popping up as new prompting JD Jones to run around and close them all? Software glitch? There doesn't seem to be any new posts in any of these old threads.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What's up with all the old threads popping up as new prompting JD Jones to run around and close them all? Software glitch? There doesn't seem to be any new posts in any of these old threads.
Aha!

When in doubt do something and see what happens. lol

I'm closing old threads but I was not aware they'd pop up again. I may just switch to deleting instead of closing.
Live and learn.
Thanks for the heads up CG.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That's what I was asking y'day

They come up a s 'New Posts'...... all of them - too many to count - filling a whole page

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Thx for the explanation I understand and will pay more attention to the dates and the last poster before selecting the thread.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Aha!

When in doubt do something and see what happens. lol

I'm closing old threads but I was not aware they'd pop up again. I may just switch to deleting instead of closing.
Live and learn.
Thanks for the heads up CG.
I thought DR1 policy was not to delete threads?
It takes less than 30 seconds to go to last post, see JD's comment and go to the next one.

Reactions: Carl.L

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I thought DR1 policy was not to delete threads?
It takes less than 30 seconds to go to last post, see JD's comment and go to the next one.
And you would be correct. Since I'm closing really old stuff AE and I agreed I'll just close them without a comment and no deletions unless it's spam.

Live and learn! ;)

Bahoruco

Jun 24, 2011
In the new software under your personal account info under:
  • 'Your profile' - 'Postings': You find all postings you did since upgrade to the new software
    • 'Your profile' - 'Messages': I see count of all my messages including the old ones, but I find under 'Postings' only new postings (since upgrade)​
  • 'Your account' - 'Bookmarks': You find all bookmarked (or 'favourite') posts you bookmarked, also since upgrade to the new software
I cannot find back any more my bookmarks or postings dating before the software upgrade around the 14th of April 2020.
Some of these contain useful information for me, so I would like to be able to find them back.
Is there a possibility to find back or migrate these 'old' postings or bookmarks?

Maybe this question is asked earlier, but I could not find back any reference to it.
Has someone an answer on these questions from me ?

Carl.L

Banned
Oct 20, 2020
yes
And you would be correct. Since I'm closing really old stuff AE and I agreed I'll just close them without a comment and no deletions unless it's spam.

Live and learn! ;)
What prompted the closing of threads, spammers? Normally, most posters leave the really old threads alone or only open them if it's somewhat relevant.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
What prompted the closing of threads, spammers? Normally, most posters leave the really old threads alone or only open them if it's somewhat relevant.
Mainly for closing access to spammers. Even if a thread is closed, you can still read it.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Interesting question, as you have been here all of 3 months, with 12 postings yourself "Carl.L".