New Software

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I am not convinced about having every news piece as a new thread, I liked it better the old way when they were all aggregated.

This is one feature that I happen to like. Perhaps it will get more persons to pay attention to the news reports, which I believe was once the main focus of DR1. Each article posted as a different thread line gives posters the opportunity to comment on said piece within, as opposed to having a new discussion on it.
In my experience with various web forums, changes are usually 50/50-liked/disliked amongst the community. This never changes, and the forums continue and thrive. I believe this new software will also be a great help to the site regarding annoying spammers from different parts of the globe.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Agreed, I would not always open the daily news post. Now I can see each item, read and comment if I choose.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Im with you.

There are separate tabs at the top of the page for News and Forums. Good to keep this separation. Posting each news article as a post in the Forums section breaks up the continuity of the topics posted by members. The content and value of News posts and Member posts is distinctly different. But, people organize their brains and activities differently. I find it more efficient to keep them separate.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
I am not convinced about having every news piece as a new thread, I liked it better the old way when they were all aggregated.

They are still aggregated. If you click the News tab you can see all the News articles consecutively. But then they appear again as individual posts in the Forums.

One thing that is missing it seems is the list of news articles at the top that was there before. You could scan the headline of each article and scroll down to only those you wanted to read. Again, more efficient.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The "like" symbol finally appeared two days ago. I stil don't see any way to edit posts or quote all or parts of other posts. I don't see anyway to add emoticons that others have mentioned.

There's too much empty space as viewed on my laptop. Three single-line posts take up my entire screen. The font looks lighter and bigger than before(?). The new format seems less engaging. Maybe with time I'll get used to it.

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
The "like" symbol finally appeared two days ago. I stil don't see any way to edit posts or quote all or parts of other posts. I don't see anyway to add emoticons that others have mentioned.

There's too much empty space as viewed on my laptop. Three single-line posts take up my entire screen. The font looks lighter and bigger than before(?). The new format seems less engaging. Maybe with time I'll get used to it.

The group permissions were screwed up after the import, they should be fixed now. But I will check to see why you don't have edit permissions.

There's an option for "multi quote", maybe that needs to be set? However, quoting a single message can be done with "reply", on the far right under each post.

Emoticons should be in the toolbar above the post.
2020-04-18_03-07.png

There is an option to make the screen fluid, full width, at the bottom left corner. The diagonal arrow icon.. Does that help the problem with your display?

2020-04-18_03-10.png

Last edited:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
When you run out of things to do Waitman (lol).

Date/Time change over after midnight bug.

Time-Error.jpg

PS: Trying to include smiley still not working, getting the "oops" message.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have been stuck in 2 Step Verification for a day or so....

This morning - it clicked in...... y'day was wasted.... it never worked

Seems to be fine now

This 2 step will protect the classified discussions we have here
I feel very safe .
NOT!!!

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
I can’t edit my signature. I was able to add my signature on the day of the launch but now if try to edit it I get an error message.....