New Software

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
i se eit as minor inconceniences.
DR1 to me is a FREE Forum with the best topics in case of DR Forums i ever found, always up to date News
and the ebst On teh Ground real Info by people who really live there/here.
for a Freebie, I say it issimply fantastic.
can't comment tothe complaints abotu certain froum parts or Topics not being available,
as to me they all show up in my menue and i can access them all, including the often mentioned Off Topic Forum.
so to me personally, it works like a charm.
As long as the hurricane information can be shared on DR1, everything else is a bonus.....

Reactions: bienamor

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have a list of over 30 of you who cannot see Off Topic. There may be more who haven’t complained as yet. You all have over 500 posts, you’re all Gold (or better) group, most of you here a very long time. We can’t figure out why you can’t see it, and others with the same stats/demographics can.

We haven’t forgotten about you.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I had a weird thing happen this morning. I was logged in to DR1, but above the mobrouser name at the top right was another login that said "Howdy, mobrouser". It was a login to Wordpress with the email I used 20 years ago to create my DR1 account. I've never used that email in the past 15+ years, and I've never created a Wordpress account. When I backed out it closed and when I went to Wordpress it acknowledged that there was no "mobrouser" account. No idea if this relevant to the current issues.....

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I have a list of over 30 of you who cannot see Off Topic. There may be more who haven’t complained as yet. You all have over 500 posts, you’re all Gold (or better) group, most of you here a very long time. We can’t figure out why you can’t see it, and others with the same stats/demographics can.

We haven’t forgotten about you.
Still no OT. Hard to survive the lockdown without it.....help.....thank you.

Reactions: ctrob

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Did this issue begin to affect so many users right after the inflated post count was adjusted downward? Perhaps a corrupted user database?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Did this issue begin to affect so many users right after the inflated post count was adjusted downward? Perhaps a corrupted user database?

I will freely admit that I do not know a thing regarding user databases, but I can say that issues I have run into, started with the adjusted post countings.
It seems that during the initial transition they were tripled. They were than supposedly corrected, but my new post totals were reduced by way more than 2/3s. And yes, this is the same time I stopped seeing OT as an option. Even with the old forum, if not permitted access, you still saw the channel as a possible listing.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I don't know anything about this forum software, but from listening to users reporting the problem and what looks like an increase in the number of users affected stemming from a particular point in time, I merely wanted to suggest a place to look in the event that it hasn't yet been considered as a possible point of origin. A stab in the dark.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
It has been a while now but...if memory serves, my access to off topic was lost before any discussion about inflated post numbers began.
I'm pretty sure I lost my access at the very moment that the new server was installed.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It has been a while now but...if memory serves, my access to off topic was lost before any discussion about inflated post numbers began.
I'm pretty sure I lost my access at the very moment that the new server was installed.

It’s been off and on. At one point many had no access. I adjusted a setting, and it seemed to be the fix, until we realized that even newbies could access Off Topic threads. Why is that a problem? We’re a Dominican site first, and the OT forum was added as an “extra” for those who’ve shown their commitment and interest in DR by posting over 500 times. To open it up to newbies negates that. Waitman has tried multiple things, but so far hasn’t found the magic button.

Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The Dominican Music thread line under the Videos headliner is a great place to kill some time until the snafus are corrected. There have been some great contributions, but I wish more members would participate. It does not have to be all about Covid-19, and what the webforum is not offering. Think positive. Have fun, Enjoy your life, as you so see fit.