New Software

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It may be one reason, but it's not just the layout that is putting me off. I've been a DR1 member for 14 years. When I first joined, I found it to be a wealth of information for newbies like me. And as my experiences grew I enjoyed contributing and helping others, in return for a "like".

Today, in my opinion it feels more like a platform for grumpy old men who love to argue behind the veil of anonymity. I also feel that the Off topic section has tainted this website. It is not possible to hold civilized discussion with so much diversity and division mainly from the American members.

The help section has now migrated to Facebook. There are some genuinely helpful people for expats there and all you have to do is click on their profile to see who they are.

You are correct. There is definitely a strong anti-American sentiment possessed within from the Brits.

Sep 22, 2009
It may be one reason, but it's not just the layout that is putting me off. I've been a DR1 member for 14 years. When I first joined, I found it to be a wealth of information for newbies like me. And as my experiences grew I enjoyed contributing and helping others, in return for a "like".

Today, in my opinion it feels more like a platform for grumpy old men who love to argue behind the veil of anonymity. I also feel that the Off topic section has tainted this website. It is not possible to hold civilized discussion with so much diversity and division mainly from the American members.

The help section has now migrated to Facebook. There are some genuinely helpful people for expats there and all you have to do is click on their profile to see who they are.
In my defense, I'm only 49. Many of us have interacted with each other for years. It may seem like arguing, but I actually like logging in and seeing some of them. Even if I have a humorous it sarcastic reply. If it's a truly serious question and not some clown, I try my best to be honest.

Reactions: Mr Deal HD

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
In my defense, I'm only 49. Many of us have interacted with each other for years. It may seem like arguing, but I actually like logging in and seeing some of them. Even if I have a humorous it sarcastic reply. If it's a truly serious question and not some clown, I try my best to be honest.

49 years of age?
ww has Speedo banana hammocks older than you.

• Haha
Reactions: El Rey de Mangu

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Remember - he was 29 for 4 yrs......39 for 3......

Bit of old lady..... viejaita ......
I know the sort !!

hahaha

That banana hammock has served me well
ever since I was 2nd in the wet boxer shorts contest....

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I do not know much of the reaction score purpose, but it would be nice if I could trade in my trophy points for a DR1 windbreaker or golf cap.

• Haha
Reactions: AlterEgo and johne

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I noticed I was just awarded a "serious likeable trophy". Any chance that comes with a free Presidente.
I wonder what that half tard wanna be mobster with inferiority issues that always needed likes, dislikes ,etc and was recently banned from off topic would say about this. Up till a few minutes ago I knew nothing about these awards.
They really should come with a free beer or as Caonabo mentioned a free hat.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I encountered a 1000 character limit while trying to post The President's speech from last night. What's up with this post length restriction?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Asked once before, but not answered, is there any "click on here" to monitor your daily/weekly/monthly postings to the forum such as with the previous format?
(Just a little bored of speaking about Covid every day)

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

You remind me those guys who used to hang out at Rick's/ Rocky's
in Sosua complaining about how the girls don't like to "spend time"
with them anymore like they used too (straight up business) or about
how much a Presidente at the bar cost now a days :D:D:D For better
or worse, all things change.

Reactions: JD Jones

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
You remind me those guys who used to hang out at Rick's/ Rocky's
in Sosua complaining about how the girls don't like to "spend time"
with them anymore like they used too (straight up business) or about
how much a Presidente at the bar cost now a days :D:D:D For better
or worse, all things change.
But it turned out beeza touched a nerve

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Today, in my opinion it feels more like a platform for grumpy old men who love to argue behind the veil of anonymity.
The help section has now migrated to Facebook. There are some genuinely helpful people for expats there

There it is ! (y)

Instagram is another platform with very good information on DR ... maybe best for our ( younger ) generation....the “veil of anonymity” is much less ...I remember the days when we used to come to DR1 for information on purchasing cars, electronics, insurance etc ...these days you‘d probably have adverts for the product or service you need from 2 or 3 local DR business waiting for you on your IG feed ...

Progress IMO.

Carry on ....

Reactions: JD Jones