New sports bar in colonial zone

Coach's

Oct 16, 2012
American owned, from CT have been working the past 5 months to make a sports bar/restaurant and want opinions on our food and style. #352 calle Hostos zona colonial 2 min walk from the Conde.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
what would be or what is the name of the restaurant, create plates that have mini bites as well as making it the place for the best hamburgers a least half a pound, wings, quesadillas, nachos and also pictures of beer and also serve some good American beers like Sam Adams.

Coach's

Oct 16, 2012
The name is Coach's Restauant and our menu is in the works we have a kitchen to prepare your favorite meals and keep the prices low. As for the atmosphere it is something uhave to see for yourself because I don't think I've seen a place like this back home nevermind this country. Very relaxing

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Simple bar food, that can be prepared fast. ( is that possible in DR?). A real good burger would be great.
Also one or two different choices of beers. Why do Dominicans think Miller Genuine Draft is good?
I guess I know how Europeans think we they try an American beer we think is good.

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
Will stop in next week if Possible on my next swing through. Be interesting to see what a brother (or sister) new englander comes up with.
And will save my advice until after my visit. But out of curiosity whom do you consider your target(s) guest?

Coach's

Oct 16, 2012
Maine lobsters for Christmas or turkey and football for thanksgiving. The regular American bar food will be a common. Draft beer can draw in the tigueres but let's see what is possible for a rainy day. Where is your pregame for thanksgiving?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Maine lobsters for Christmas or turkey and football for thanksgiving. The regular American bar food will be a common. Draft beer can draw in the tigueres but let's see what is possible for a rainy day. Where is your pregame for thanksgiving?

If somewhere in this city served up fresh draught beer (not Presidente, find that at the AIs) it would be a very nice change. Find a way to get some irish or german draught or some type of micro brew beer and you will have great success IMO. Nobody here does it and they blame it on the heat- we all know no other hot countries serve drfaught from kegs BSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Even Brahma oened by Ambev has excellent varieties of draught beer in Brazil, negra choppe!!!

Coach's

Oct 16, 2012
We will be open all day fri sat sun and mon night for football. As of right now weekdays I will be here during the day putting the finishing touches until a steady flow is established. Come in ask for Jay. Don't forget first tackle football game of the season starts this Saturday at the olympic stadium. Come support your team

beyondnyc

Feb 23, 2012
I walked by there last night at about 9ish and you were closed. The French Restautant pointed your place out to me. I did not see a sign. Can you list your hours of operation? Would love to come by.

Liong

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Hey I will stop in Im in Villa Mella from time to time, I hope you can talk **** to me like you did trainman, are you really from CT, will find out soon since you got booted for acting like a typical Giants fan.

PHowell

Aug 3, 2011
Alabama/A&M Game?

Will you be playing the Alabama v Texas A&M game on Saturday, Nov. 10? If not, know of anywhere we can catch this game?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Will you be playing the Alabama v Texas A&M game on Saturday, Nov. 10? If not, know of anywhere we can catch this game?

Go to Five Star on the Malecon near the Hilton. They have every game on and you have food, drinks, AC, and you can bet on your team also.

But any bar that shows sports on TV will have it. It is on a National Network in the US, and they all have the channel.

PHowell

Aug 3, 2011
Go to Five Star on the Malecon near the Hilton. They have every game on and you have food, drinks, AC, and you can bet on your team also.

But any bar that shows sports on TV will have it. It is on a National Network in the US, and they all have the channel.

Thanks, SKY.