New Thread:"Reverse exchange rate"

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Is this true with all foreign currency?

Yes, I have at one time bought Dominican Pesos from the Park Ave. office and they offered to buy back the pesos later at a lower rate. I used to do this when I arrive late at night and just want enough pesos for taxis, food and drinks.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
The better way is before to leave to open a saving account with card in pesos, (cash account in the Popular Bank) and when you are in USA go to the ATM and you get back your Dollars of corse you coudnt got it all first you have to pay the charge for the transaction.

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
Can you do that?

Banco Popular in the D.R. has no affilation with Banco Popular in the U.S. So how is it possible to use the D.R. card in the U.S ?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Banco Popular in the D.R. has no affilation with Banco Popular in the U.S. So how is it possible to use the D.R. card in the U.S ?
The same way you can use a US bank card in the DR. Do you think Dominicans with ATM cards can't make withdrawals outside the DR?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
So far the Dominican Bank account solution and ATM in The USA was the only solution that makes sense.

My offer is still good of $USD850.

pzerimars

Nov 4, 2006
People,
I am sure past the humor there is a way to change Pesos back to Dollars. I went to buy some land the deal fell through and need to re convert. Thats all. Please give advice without the common B.S. that seems to be beginning to appear on this site! Can everyone be so bored?
Blanca

Where was that land and how big was it? I went to buy land but it was RD$10,000,000 :disappoin It was a lot of acres though and on a mountain so I could probably do anything there and not have anyone complain (music, parties, etc.). In the end though, dropping $300k on a house I'd visit once/twice a year didn't seem very worth it. The funny thing was that my brothers/sisters kept pushing it because they visit much more often then me and would thus stay there much more often and for free.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Blanco??

If you haven't given up in disgust by now, you might go to the BPD Bank in Miami and enquire of them the possibility of opening a US$$ account. That way when you are here, you can go to Banco Popular's MAIN Offices in Santiago or Santo Domingo, ask where the BPD Bank Office is, write a US$ check and get your money in Pesos, either in a Banco Popular account or cash. When you are about to leave, just deposit theexcess Pesos back in the bank.

A lot easier that hasslein with the Casa de Cambio's.

Texas Bill

castleburger

Sep 4, 2006
CHILDREN....its very simple, go to western union and wire transfer the dollar amount to a family member in the us. you'll get the proper exchange rate and only be out the transfer fee.....works with every country...............