Newbie looking for pre-retirement suggestions

Jeff_from_florida

May 3, 2022
Florida
Hola everyone, as the title says I am hoping to retire and move down in about 2 years. In the mean I come down from Miami approximately every two months to visit my girlfriend. I read the rules and I know I am not supposed to advertise here, so please don’t take this posting the wrong way. As electronics and designer things are super expensive in the DR, I have been asked by a few people to bring them stuff from Miami. But as the airfare and everything else seams to be going up I thought I can find some new friends that want me to bring them stuff from Miami to help subsidize my trips. I guess it would be a win win situation. And maybe I will be able to come down once a month. I am just looking for suggestions for places or forums to meet trustable people.

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
Get a prepayment; electronic transfer or electronically deposited.

Start with small amounts.

Get to know them first

JD Jones

Moderator - Covid 19 in DR & North Coast
Jan 7, 2016
Make sure your client understands that items "can" be seized at customs but you still get paid.
As a person with a long history of "helping" people here with buying something they can't find locally, I can attest how important this is.

These days I don't buy anything on line for someone unless I have the full payment in hand.

That philosophy will serve you well.

Reactions: keepcoming

keepcoming

Silver
May 25, 2011
So right now, your bringing items as a favor? What price would you charge someone to bring an item?

Jeff_from_florida

May 3, 2022
Florida
So right now, your bringing items as a favor? What price would you charge someone to bring an item?
Hi, since I am new at this, I guess it depends on the item. I prefer smaller things since I usually come for the the weekend and don't check a bag. Btw my next trip is May 28th so let me know soon if you need anything.

keepcoming

Silver
May 25, 2011
Thanks, I was just curious about what your price point would be. I travel back and forth frequently so whatever I need I can bring with me. The very few times I have ever brought anything for someone other than family was a favor. As others have said, payment upfront.