Newfie Joke

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Richard,

Do I detect Newfie blood here?

Nelly,

Best comparison ever, and I'd second that.

Debs,

Doughboys, ya, there great, but the bruise is the hard bread that is soaked in water for a couple of hours to make it soft for boling and then frying up. A great scoff as a newfie would say.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Is Mike's Hard lemonade Canadian or American? I can't drink more than three of those in a night or my hair will go straight. ;)

Sli

Mar 25, 2002
I believe it is...Anna

I know two bottles of Smirnoff Ice will knock me out.

My favorite is the Roast beef sandwishes piled high in Montreal. Mmmmmmmmmmm

richard

Jan 1, 2002
gonzaga said:
Richard,

Do I detect Newfie blood here?

No but sure wish I did. The first Neufs I met were in about 1960 in Sydney Nova Scotia at Sea Cadet camp. Great guys and I loved the dialect; still do.

Nelly,

Best comparison ever, and I'd second that.

Debs,

Doughboys, ya, there great, but the bruise is the hard bread that is soaked in water for a couple of hours to make it soft for boling and then frying up. A great scoff as a newfie would say.
:

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
To all Canadians out there:

Happy Canada Day, July 1st

To all Americans out there:

Happy Independence Day, July 4th:cool:

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
By the geez I was just a sittin here wonderin whatcha be gettin at b'y, talkin bout di-a-lect in these here parts and so on, dear. Such an interesting conversation cuz here I was saying just the other day that those bunch of fellers down there in upper Canada has a funny way of sayin stuff, now isn't that something of an i-ro-ny, love. You fellers thinkin we got an accent when it yous who can't talk proper. Now be a dear and pass me a Moosehead please. I'm too god damn tired to get outta me own way let alone walk to the fridge. Thank you dear and god luv your heart.
hahaha

Sliante,
Nelly
;)

Sli

Mar 25, 2002
That's the one...Smoked Meat

Got to revisit Montreal again.

Happy Canada day everyone & 4th of July, America.

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Nelly said:
By the geez I was just a sittin here wonderin whatcha be gettin at b'y, talkin bout di-a-lect in these here parts and so on, dear. Such an interesting conversation cuz here I was saying just the other day that those bunch of fellers down there in upper Canada has a funny way of sayin stuff, now isn't that something of an i-ro-ny, love. You fellers thinkin we got an accent when it yous who can't talk proper. Now be a dear and pass me a Moosehead please. I'm too god damn tired to get outta me own way let alone walk to the fridge. Thank you dear and god luv your heart.
hahaha

Sliante,
Nelly
;)

love it lol. ;) You stay where you be at and I be to ya eh? The Newfy sense of humour with their mainlander jokes is great. ?How about Rick Mercer talkin to Americans? Also my favorite joke. Two Newfys rented a boat and went fishing. They were just pulling them in hand over fist. Finally it was time to go. "Geez bye, this is a great spot we got to get back here tomorrow"
"Yes" the other replied, but how will we find the same spot?" "No problem" replied his mate."He took out a marker and marked an x on the bottom of the boat "Good idea," his friend said, "but what if we don't get the same boat?"
;) ;)

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Even when they swear it sounds funny and not as offensive.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, wacha up to naw? EH?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Certainly one of the more entertaining threads

I have enjoyed this play on the Newfies, on food, and so on.

BTW, pizza was invented in the States....

I think that a typical American, as opposed to Canadian, meal would have to include: Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. And a salad and bread.

A typical Dominican meal would be: fried rump steak, white rice and beans, cabbage, green tomatos, in a vinnagrette. Tostones on the side and water to drink...coffee afterwards...

HB
farmerjohn.gif

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Blasphamy HB.......!!!!

MEATBALLS were invented in the US.
Pizza comes from NAPLES, Italy!!! Not to be confused with the American variety of pizza, it consists of an ultra thick or ultra thin crust. Sprinkled with fresh peeled plum tomatoes, oregano, basil and garlic! Of course there are many different varieties now but not too many are even close to the American type. My favorite is a pizza bought on the streets of Rome - Extra thick crusty crust, brushed with olive oil and topped with about an inch of carmelized onion - pizza bianco at its best!!!!