No Alcohol after 3 PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Heard the same in the NorthEast *sigh*

By the way, I know no Dominicans in my circle who got the vaccine, yet they all know someone who is between life and death in the hospital.
On the other hand, I Know, a bunch of gringos here who did get the shot, but strangely none of them are dying.

Also, couple videos on WhatsApp forwarded or in status of a woman who has a spoon stuck to a arm where she got the vaccine. The effect of a microchip apparently.
"I Know, a bunch of gringos here who did get the shot, but strangely none of them are dying." Not surprising since such a small & of people die from this virus with or without the vaccine.

• Haha
Reactions: Big and CristoRey

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Agreed -just a small number die.

But looking closer at the numbers....
older people, compromised people, etc skew the numbers up somewhat.
They seem to be more at risk...and therefore in need of a vaccine

The idea (I think) is to try to get 75% of the population vaccinated to 'tamp down' the virus

There is no clear - sure fire- path yet.... still a crap shoot

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Agreed -just a small number die.

older people, compromised people, etc skew the numbers up somewhat.
They seem to be more at risk...and therefore in need of a vaccine

The idea (I think) is to try to get 75% of the population vaccinated to 'tamp down' the virus

There is no clear - sure fire- path yet.... still a crap shoot
"
older people, compromised people" This would apply to many illnesses. I'm in the states visiting my mom for a few weeks and thank God for the shape and strength she has at 93 years old. Still works in her garden most days. Every year she says she won't put in tomatoes the next year but sure enough she has some tomatoes already getting ripe, 2 cucumbers already picked and a few peppers on the plants.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
And we all know how Dominicans like to chismear. (Gossip for those who don't speak Spanish)

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
"
older people, compromised people" This would apply to many illnesses. I'm in the states visiting my mom for a few weeks and thank God for the shape and strength she has at 93 years old. Still works in her garden most days. Every year she says she won't put in tomatoes the next year but sure enough she has some tomatoes already getting ripe, 2 cucumbers already picked and a few peppers on the plants.
So you value the older and infirm, who aren't blessed like your Moms, less than others. Especially if their views differ from yours. Got it.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
"

Only an absolute IDIOT would Misinterpret/ ie not comprehend what you just wrote there ...i
ts crystal clear to any other Sane person.

Happy to hear your mom is still doing well at 93 ... many more years to her ..
but YES... Many people in their 80s and 90s are not so lucky, and NOT in good health any longer ..
SO YES, Logically they are skewing the #s ....

Not that long ago it was always said " if she gets Pnymonia ,she wont make it " , when speaking of a loved one in their 90s , who was unfortunate enough to have her health Failing and perhaps Hospitalized .
Which is exactly what happened to my grandmother , in her 90's .. long before this Covid ..

Sorry folks , but your Loved ones , yes they will eventually Pass on from one thing or another
.. and one day it will be our turn .
This is the Circle of Live ..

• Sad
Reactions: Michael DR and Big

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So you value the older and infirm, who aren't blessed like your Moms, less than others. Especially if their views differ from yours. Got it.
I see nothing weong with people having opposing views however those views should not be used as an excuse to impose restrictions on other people's lives. Ebola was the real deal. You caught it, you were done yet life moved on. Covid is more of an excuse at this point. Am I right or am I right?

• Sad
Reactions: Michael DR

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I see nothing weong with people having opposing views however those views should not be used as an excuse to impose restrictions on other people's lives. Ebola was the real deal. You caught it, you were done yet life moved on. Covid is more of an excuse at this point. Am I right or am I right?

I could be wrong but Ebola has never been a real threat for any of your healthy 90 yr old mom, that s the difference.

Reactions: Michael DR

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I could be wrong but Ebola has never been a real threat for any of your healthy 90 yr old mom, that s the difference.

No disrespect to ANYONES Mom, or any 90 year old ..

but if we take your underlying statement to its extreme conclusion..
WE , should ALL give up our Freedoms and Rights ? .. so that EVERY 90 Year old can be guaranteed to LIVE to 100 ?
or at least NOT EVER EVER come into contact with Covid...
Really
is that the goal now ?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
No disrespect to ANYONES Mom, or any 90 year old ..

but if we take your underlying statement to its extreme conclusion..
WE , should ALL give up our Freedoms and Rights ? .. so that EVERY 90 Year old can be guaranteed to LIVE to 100 ?
or at least NOT EVER EVER come into contact with Covid...
Really
is that the goal now ?

My underlying statement?

Ebola isnt Covid, it didnt affect people in the same locations. Quite simple. As tragic as it was, no similarities.

No underlying statement.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
My underlying statement?

Ebola isnt Covid, it didnt affect people in the same locations. Quite simple. As tragic as it was, no similarities.

No underlying statement.
Ebola was the REAL DEAL... a Real KILLER ... there is no disputing it

Covid is = to Pneumonia ...... My assertion, and many others
Both Pneumonia and covid Kill Older people and the weaker ..... can we agree on that ?

No one was comparing Covid to Ebola ,, we were merely DEFINING them

one is a Killer of all .. the other kills Mostly Older and people with pre existing .. although there are exceptions ..

No disrespect.. but you are all over the place .. or back peddling .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From the NY Times today, a way to extend controls is needed so now we have this since poor areas of the world are breeding variants that the current vaccines may not control. They are now assigning "politically correct" names to these new variants instead of naming the country where they spawned.

As Virus Variants Spread, ‘No One Is Safe Until Everyone Is Safe’​

Rich countries are buying up coronavirus vaccines, leaving poorer regions vulnerable — and as potential breeding grounds for variants, like one found in South Africa, that could make vaccines less effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.