No Covid-19 yet in 90% of Dominican households

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Covid-19-MacDill-AFB-1024x576.jpg
Coronavirus Disease 2019 Rotator Graphic for af.mil. (U.S. Air Force Graphic by Rosario “Charo” Gutierrez)

In the Dominican Republic, so far, 139,396 people have tested positive to PCR tests. Now the Gallup-Hoy November 2020 poll says that 90% of those polled say no one in their household has caught the virus. In 4.4% of the households, there was one case, in 2.7% two, in 1.2% three, and in 1.8% four cases or more.

No one has been hospitalized in 80% of the homes where there have cases of Covid-19. There was one case in 16% of those homes; in 2.7% two, and in 0.9% three cases.

There were no deaths in 92.9% of the households where there were cases of coronavirus.

In 6.3% of the homes, there was only one death, and in 0.8% there were two deaths. 32% of the people who died in the country due to coronavirus suffered from hypertension, and another 20% had diabetes as a...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Russell and Caonabo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Since so many CV19 cases have zero or few and mild symptoms, we will not easily know how many people in the DR have actually had CV19.

That is certainly one reason why so few families report knowing anyone who has had it - very low testing numbers.....

Reactions: JD Jones

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Since so many CV19 cases have zero or few and mild symptoms, we will not easily know how many people in the DR have actually had CV19.

That is certainly one reason why so few families report knowing anyone who has had it - very low testing numbers.....

Yes, as is the same case in the rest of the world.
Nothing different here in RD.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, as is the same case in the rest of the world.
Nothing different here in RD.
There is one difference. Far less testing is done here.
As a famous world leader pointed out, if you stop testing, the infection rates go way down.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
This is an eye opener.
Being of the ''Old'' bunch here we tend to think more on the fatalistic side; after all we made it this far and hate to think that a bat took our world as we know it.
On the other hand like these posted numbers it gives us a new feeling of possibilities.
The flu has hit my household; coughing, runny noses, fevers, sore throats , aching bones etc.
I am hoping my immune system is fortified enough to sustain the grippe..... So how can we differentiate fly from COVID19 symptoms.

Its easy, deny it is COVID 19.
If it goes away in a week its the flu.
If it hangs on longer and is more aggressive , could be COVID19.

Anyway I like those numbers.

Reactions: kanson

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
No wonder people are fighting this tooth and nail.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Unless your income dropped dramatically, I don't know why someone would let staff go? Some adjustments and all should be fine.
Our 4 employees have been on a modified come to work adjustment since March. Fewer hours/days to reduce contact. They ALWAYS are wearing masks while on property and social distance. We have masks and sanitizers when/if needed.
Even though we don't need all the staff, even with reduced hours; they get full pay. Don't have the guts to fire 1 or 2 at this time, knowing that they will have a long difficult time finding a new job.
Our employees have been with us for some time. We trust and respect them and they us.

Reactions: johne

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Unless your income dropped dramatically, I don't know why someone would let staff go? Some adjustments and all should be fine.
Our 4 employees have been on a modified come to work adjustment since March. Fewer hours/days to reduce contact. They ALWAYS are wearing masks while on property and social distance. We have masks and sanitizers when/if needed.
Even though we don't need all the staff, even with reduced hours; they get full pay. Don't have the guts to fire 1 or 2 at this time, knowing that they will have a long difficult time finding a new job.
Our employees have been with us for some time. We trust and respect them and they us.
Well in our cases the government closed all schools completely , eliminating all income. We couldn't afford to pay 55 employees for 8 months with no income, as it was we ended up taking out a loan. We took the opportunity to retire some deadwood, and several of our teachers after not working as teachers for several months decided they had other options so now we are down to 36 employees, and we have some income coming now as well. Those that we let go all got full severance, and when somebody has been working for you for ten years or more it is a good chunk on money. Four that we let go are already in the USA on residencies.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Well in our cases the government closed all schools completely , eliminating all income. We couldn't afford to pay 55 employees for 8 months with no income, as it was we ended up taking out a loan. We took the opportunity to retire some deadwood, and several of our teachers after not working as teachers for several months decided they had other options so now we are down to 36 employees, and we have some income coming now as well. Those that we let go all got full severance, and when somebody has been working for you for ten years or more it is a good chunk on money. Four that we let go are already in the USA on residencies.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Same here. I've had three employees who have been diagnosed. I sent them home until they tested negative twice in two weeks. I paid them full salary the whole time but they were itching to come back to work.
All of my folks would rather be doing something productive than staying at home doing nothing.

Last edited:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Interestingly enough, the Covid Loonies will not address this fact, but rather....continue to make baseless excuses as to why this is the case, in order to shield their own schizophrenia. 😷 😏
Covid Freaks theme song.
Enjoy!

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The Minister of Public Health revealed today that people’s mobilization for the Christmas festivities would be made more flexible.

«When I speak of mobility flexibility, I mean that you can travel to where a family member lives. Perhaps the hours will be altered a little so that people can travel home after a Christmas dinner,” said Plutarco Arias during the Corripio Group Lunch.

Also, the official explained that a time would be established for people to be at their homes.

«Flexibility in mobility. At hour x, we are going to tell people that they all have to be at home,” he emphasized.
Source: DominicanToday

I've no doubt this fella can't leave his house
without armed security by his side. Much like
F boy up north in the states.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Only back here within country, a few days time now.
I know of not one person, nor family, who plans on abiding by the rules, regulations, restrictions, and curfews of the last 9 months for 24/25 & 31/1.
Do I necessarily agree with this?...................................:rolleyes::sneaky::cautious:
The government/authorities WILL NOT be able to control a nation of 11 million people.
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be.

Reactions: CristoRey

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
14 days after the holiday period is going to be quite telling. Too bad Santa can't deliver a couple of doses of vaccine to everyone.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The same was said following last year's pilgramage by the fella to Puerto Plata by the sea.
The same was said following the RD elections.
The same was said following..........................