No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
They always implement things first and then correct the problems as they go along. In lieu of vaccination, you can always get a PCR test - good for 7 days. You have to be fully vaccinated 14 days prior for it to be valid.
I thought it was with very short notice. I wonder why the rush. They could have decided on from 1 of December for instance. Yes it’s typical. First the law. Then they try and find out how to implement it and realize it’s not practical and has several unintended consequences.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I thought it was with very short notice. I wonder why the rush. They could have decided on from 1 of December for instance. Yes it’s typical. First the law. Then they try and find out how to implement it and realize it’s not practical and has several unintended consequences.
I thought so, too - very short notice. They did the same thing with the E-Ticket. I think the original effective date was April 1st. Then May 1st. It didn't finally go into effect until September I think(?).

Reactions: thompstr

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Don't let the vaccine card stop you from travelling...go and take the PCR test...for free...
I used to travel around the country a lot but I am bit jaded and even more now with the pandemic. I just can’t be bothered with it. I can go between SD and LT under these circumstances but not anything too “adventurous” lol

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I am for vaccinations and have three so far. I am against mask mandates and sitting on the fence about vaccination mandates.

Everything about this virus has been a race against time.
Not only the number of deaths but, the manner of those deaths, is terrifying.
The way in which healthcare systems have been overrun is awful to see.
The long term symptoms in those who have been "lucky" enough to escape with only moderate illness are worrying to say the least.
All of that...
It is the stuff of nightmares.
When it comes to mask mandates, I accept them as a means to reduce the spread of the virus that is overwhelming healthcare systems around the world.
As far as vaccination mandates go...
They are a means to an end, a necessary evil, if you must.
The goal, as I see it, is to get the numbers of vaccinated up to such a level that the virus has less chance to mutate into an even more horrific variant.
The recalcitrants will disagree.
Such is life.
An eternal combat.
La vie est un éternel combat.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
The long term symptoms in those who have been "lucky" enough to escape with only moderate illness are worrying to say the least.
All of that...
When it comes to mask mandates, I accept them as a means to reduce the spread of the virus that is overwhelming healthcare systems around the world.
The goal, as I see it, is to get the numbers of vaccinated up to such a level that the virus has less chance to mutate into an even more horrific variant.
Such is life.
An eternal combat.
Insightful post. Thanks. I have no clue about the masks. I don’t complain as I hardly have to wear one. I find it a bit odd going out putting it on only to sit down for coffee and take it off. I don’t complain because I see employees in businesses having to wear them all day. In the banks for instance and when they commute probably. That’s awful.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I don't get it. Can't follow rules. If you're vaccinated carry your card with you (on your phone or original or copy or, as I have, laminated and credit card size). If you're not vaccinated get deliveries, go to places that don't check or get a fake card. What's all the discussion? My local Colmado said if you don't have a card you have to take your stuff outside. Maybe rules will change or as with most things here slowly disappear. As my grandma always said "Don't get your biles in an uproar".

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
All of that...
Such is life.
An eternal combat.
I had 2 family members die last week. One in USA the other in Mexico. Another ( anti-vax) has been sick for over a month and now is getting tests for heart issues caused by the sickness. This sickness is not going away.

Reactions: thompstr and Ken

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I don't get it. Can't follow rules. If you're vaccinated carry your card with you (on your phone or original or copy or, as I have, laminated and credit card size). If you're not vaccinated get deliveries, go to places that don't check or get a fake card. What's all the discussion? My local Colmado said if you don't have a card you have to take your stuff outside. Maybe rules will change or as with most things here slowly disappear. As my grandma always said "Don't get your biles in an uproar".
No fake cards thank you. But yes just adapt. Doesn’t mean we can’t criticize

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Fake cards will abound because can you imagine how hard it will be to check every hundred people entering Blue Mall or Jumbo every 5 minutes?
Many people fear the shots. And if boosters become mandated too then the excrement hits the abanico because most thinking is "I did my two, now I'm done" their policy.

Imagine a ferretería with a dirty & tired plumber rushing back for more fittings - you think he will have time to look for a vax card?
A greasy car mechanic won't have it entering the parts stores.

It likely will be enforced half-heartily at supermarkets for a few months but then it fades away as every cumbersome rule does.

Ever notice the bored guy checking your temperature entering the supermarket? He never even looks at the reading, and I've never seen anyone stopped either. Even saw him check an elderly man's arm with a jacket on, and not asking to roll it up - that's how this will be treated too.

You right, yesterday I went to Agora Mall and the dude with the temperature reading looked bored as hell, he never looked at his device, he just looked like he couldn't wait for his shift to be over 😂

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I don't think this will be hard to implement... a QR code or something.

Yes difficult to do in the smaller establishment but at banks, government buildings, the Edes, Claro, Altice supermarkets and malls it will happen and a digital platform and scanners is the easy to do for many with card backup. They went digital with the more difficult e-ticket so I expect this could become reality

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't think this will be hard to implement... a QR code or something.

Yes difficult to do in the smaller establishment but at banks, government buildings, the Edes, Claro, Altice supermarkets and malls it will happen and a digital platform and scanners is the easy to do for many with card backup. They went digital with the more difficult e-ticket so I expect this could become reality
NSW Australia is doing the same thing, so maybe they can get the same tech from where they sourced it.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I saw a short video clip of how it works. It was in some European country. The customers just showed the QRC code on their phone to an employee as they walked in. He just pointed his smartphone at the QRC code. It only took a couple seconds. Very simple really. QRC scanner apps are widely available for Apple and Android phones.

Reactions: aarhus

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I saw a short video clip of how it works. It was in some European country. The customers just showed the QRC code on their phone to an employee as they walked in. He just pointed his smartphone at the QRC code. It only took a couple seconds. Very simple really. QRC scanner apps are widely available for Apple and Android phones.

I can confirm.
Recently, to sit inside at the restaurant, you need proof of vaccination, where I work.
We scan the clients QR code when they arrive, in paper form or digital form.
The app tells you if the QR code is valid or not.

Reactions: cavok

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I can confirm.
Recently, to sit inside at the restaurant, you need proof of vaccination, where I work.
We scan the clients QR code when they arrive, in paper form or digital form.
The app tells you if the QR code is valid or not.
This is in the DR ?

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
All of that...
Such is life.
An eternal combat.
Huh? Where on earth did you read that this experimental gene therapy (which is the accurate term for these "vaccines" that are still in clinical trial until 2023 by the way) lessens the chance of the virus mutating?

You think the flu vaccine has reduced the flu virus' mutations? Its a new mutation every year!

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I had 2 family members die last week. One in USA the other in Mexico. Another ( anti-vax) has been sick for over a month and now is getting tests for heart issues caused by the sickness. This sickness is not going away.

Your point in moot.
These vaxxes can also cause heart issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.