No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Theres only 3 of you you should get a room and stop caressing those keyboard and be done..before you get banned again..
Oops.
I did my best to be polite when responding.
Keyboard or no keyboard I've no problem expressing my opinions in person either.
As a matter a fact, I usually jump at the chance.

Still no response from anyone when it comes to helping another member, heaven forbid, they were to have a negative reaction after receiving the vaccine. Why not?

I have good friend living in Sosua who was vaccinated for free at CMC and has been bedridden since receiving his first shot 4 weeks ago. Bloodclot in the hip, can't walk and stuck in his upstairs apartment for over a month. All of his Canadian "friends" at Mike's Winner's Circle were encouraging him to "get the shot, get the shot" but when this man started having problems almost immediately after the injection it's my understanding not nare one of them has offered any assist at all.

I know another person 31 yr old Venezuelan living in Medellin, perfect health, gets her shot now similar situation. Too bad so sad says the local government down there. Why isn't anyone stepping forward to help these people?

Answer?
Because the don't give a kcfu about you now and they didn't give a kcfu about you when they twisted you arm to get you vaccinated.

Drinks on me lifeisgreat.
You pick the bar.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I was trying to cross reference on Encyclopedia Britannica, but couldn't find the updates on percentages.

I'm very glad that you informed me that E. B. is a source you trust.
You may find this helpful.

The Top COVID-19 Vaccine Myths Spreading Online​

They sometimes have a hard time coming up with their own research, moving into the digital age.

This special report has been provided to Britannica by NewsGuard, which offers the service HealthGuard to fight online health care misinformation. It was written by John Gregory and originally published at newsguardtech.com

The Britannica was the longest running in-print encyclopaedia in the English language, being printed for 244 years. It was first published between 1768 and 1771 in the Scottish capital of Edinburgh, as three volumes.
The Encyclopædia Britannica (Latin for "British Encyclopaedia") is a general knowledge English-language encyclopaedia which is now published exclusively as an online encyclopaedia.

Sure hope Wiki got this right!

Sadly it wasn't even published in London, well now the Empire has crumbled.

Unfortunately they can't come up with DR curfew or vaccine card info.
Is your source outdated? :(
I can only imagine what life must been like for you prior to Google. Keep up the work. If only you and others like you were as passionate about helping the people who've experienced or are experiencing negative side effects after being vaccinated, I believe both you and the Dominican Government (and one's who read our conversations) would get a lot more people to listen and get their shots but instead both of you take the postion of "you will do as you are told or else".
This approach has a lot of people asking themselves "or else what?"
- and don't repeat back to me their mandate as both us have lived here long enough to know how easy it is to handle any problem$ that may come our way.
So....
or else what?

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
You didn't contract the authorities about this illegal activity? I hate to say it, however you are now an accessory to a crime which I would suggest you change your DR1 profile details , or delete your account.

Be careful what you post as there are Dominicans that read this forum and they will look for you, they will find you, and they will drive you to the east end on
Pedro Clisente and leave you in the middle of the road naked with a rd2000 bill stuck on your forehead
. :eek:
Must say that the nutty post provoking your reply should have been removed immediately by the mods for any number of reasons. Since it seems to be on topic and appropriate, it leads me to one basic question. If and when the government acquires my personal info, would the data be given to them for free or would they have to pay for the data base?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've spoken with several employees at different stores and one assistant manager at a supermarket and they all say they will be enforcing the new law on Monday. Several were in favor of it and said Dominican have had 6 months to get vaccinated - too bad if they can't get in. The only exception was the gym in Sabaneta. They said they won't require proof of vaccination. One employee went and got his first shot as a result of the new rules.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I've spoken with several employees at different stores and one assistant manager at a supermarket and they all say they will be enforcing the new law on Monday. Several were in favor of it and said Dominican have had 6 months to get vaccinated - too bad if they can't get in. The only exception was the gym in Sabaneta. They said they won't require proof of vaccination. One employee went and got his first shot as a result of the new rules.
I am glad I finally got my second Sinovac jab and the card. Will be able to shop in the supermarkets lol. That was a biggie for me. I had been considering taking Pfizer for travel instead and will try and get it soon. I think we shouldn’t underestimate that some people can be nervous and even a bit scared of going to the vaccination place and maybe offer to go with friends who are not vaccinated yet. A friend went with me today in Santo Domingo. I was happy about that.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Must say that the nutty post provoking your reply should have been removed immediately by the mods for any number of reasons. Since it seems to be on topic and appropriate, it leads me to one basic question. If and when the government acquires my personal info, would the data be given to them for free or would they have to pay for the data base?
They will scan a QR code they will require to be tattooed on your wrist and your whole life history will pop up on all the big screen Chinese TVs within a kilometer radius.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I think I will ask to see all worker's Vax cards in every establishment that requests mine.
I'm legally vaxed - are they? If not they should not be allowed to work until they meet the requirements. Tit for tat.

I know the manager of one bar/restaurant who got their first jab yesterday. And I know they will be working next week.
Should I report them?
No I'm not a Vax-nanny. I prefer people to be free.

Reactions: jd426

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Take this article with a grain of salt since it is a Canadian doctor. How did the Government monitors let him speak. Surely he will be silenced soon.

Fear those spike proteins.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I think I will ask to see all worker's Vax cards in every establishment that requests mine.
I'm legally vaxed - are they? If not they should not be allowed to work until they meet the requirements. Tit for tat.

I know the manager of one bar/restaurant who got their first jab yesterday. And I know they will be working next week.
Should I report them?
No I'm not a Vax-nanny. I prefer people to be free.
I think at first it will be enforced all the places where it can be enforced and then more and more places after that. I just focus on my vaccination and card. Now I can shop in the supermarkets.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I think at first it will be enforced all the places where it can be enforced and then more and more places after that. I just focus on my vaccination and card. Now I can shop in the supermarkets.
Maybe the supermarkets should make key fobs like La Sirena so you don't have to flash a paper card every time you shop.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I'm putting mine on my phone. Much easier than taking it out of my wallet and putting it back in every time.
I am having one of those small copies made with a plastic cover. I walk a lot so don’t always bring my phone.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
My experience at a Canadian restaurant yesterday should give you some idea how things will go. Since they were busy three of us were allowed to sit down before the waiter checked our papers a few minutes later. She checked the paperwork of 2 of us so quickly as to not be able to tell if our paperwork was in order. The third guy had the QR code on his phone and the waiter eyeballed the code and then took our orders. Fast, easy and totally useless.

Reactions: aarhus

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
My experience at a Canadian restaurant yesterday should give you some idea how things will go. Since they were busy three of us were allowed to sit down before the waiter checked our papers a few minutes later. She checked the paperwork of 2 of us so quickly as to not be able to tell if our paperwork was in order. The third guy had the QR code on his phone and the waiter eyeballed the code and then took our orders. Fast, easy and totally useless.

That's exactly how it's going to play out everywhere unless the establishment has a doorman to check the documents. The waitress wants her tip and move onto the next customer...vaccinated or not she doesn't care.

Reactions: aarhus and jd426

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
That's exactly how it's going to play out everywhere unless the establishment has a doorman to check the documents. The waitress wants her tip and move onto the next customer...vaccinated or not she doesn't care.
OK a doorman whose only purpose is to check documents?
One more log on the fires of inflation burning hotter

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Take this article with a grain of salt since it is a Canadian doctor. How did the Government monitors let him speak. Surely he will be silenced soon.

Fear those spike proteins.
Could be, eh?

Or:

Enough people have been vaccinated in recent times that harm form the "spike proteins" on various organs might start to show up.

Those that don't get vaccinated can try and push back while they live as second class citizens. That is an option, at least in the DR.

Reactions: drstock
Status
Not open for further replies.