No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
but he GOOGLED it ,, so it must be true , no ?
lmao
I cant wait til MONDAY .. to see how this Charade Plays out .
Well I did talk to the manager of Iberostar...hope he is a man of his word. of course I do have a vaccine card...its from Puerto Rico..................

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
How long before 70% of the population is fully vaccinated by these recent incentives to get vaccinated and the vaccination restriction to enter public places disappears?

One month? Two months?....
I think it all has to do with tourism...............

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Reactions: cavok

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
My bad,I am not fluent in spanish. There is a proposal for a hearing on Tuesday to suspend the mandate,my apologies to the forum.

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
It was packed at the clinic in Jarabacoa this week.

I counted 50+ in the short period that I was there.

They were going fast at it as well.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
They're well connected, the owners, but it if true and they blatantly flaunt the law they will be penalized. There are enough people around frustrated with some of their other shenanigans that will be watching, and will happily turn them in.
What shenanigans?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They're well connected, the owners, but it if true and they blatantly flaunt the law they will be penalized. There are enough people around frustrated with some of their other shenanigans that will be watching, and will happily turn them in.
The problem is, I haven't heard of any fine or penalty for not complying(?).

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The problem is, I haven't heard of any fine or penalty for not complying(?).

It seems to me to be a poorly thought out program. From constantly changing criteria as to who needs to show proof of vaccination when and where to poor compliance enforcement with no teeth. So far it looks like the vaccine card fakers might be the only ones who have been publicly targeted for stiff penalties. I suspect this is going to be a relatively short lived fiasco if it doesn't get cancelled by the courts on day 2. This might just turn out to be another example of govt goals that exceed their ability to design, implement and follow through with. We shall see...

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Security guard at this BHD Leon bank in Santo Domingo told me today that he absolutely doesn't agree with the mandate, but he will have to enforce it regardless next week because there's a security camera in the entrance that is monitoring his compliance to his job duties.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
This Vax mandate will be flouted more than the helmet law or motos running red lights

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
In general clinics and hospitals can’t really deny entrance in my opinion. Isn’t the vaccination still a recommendation but it’s just they don’t want Covid to spread in these public places mentioned. Maybe I haven’t understood it.
When my friend was admitted to hospital a few weeks ago for an operation on a broken arm, the first thing he had to do was to have a Covid test, despite showing his vax card. What would have happened if he had tested positive? Who knows - maybe he would just have to suffer with a broken arm.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
When my friend was admitted to hospital a few weeks ago for an operation on a broken arm, the first thing he had to do was to have a Covid test, despite showing his vax card. What would have happened if he had tested positive? Who knows - maybe he would just have to suffer with a broken arm.
If he checked into CMC with a broken arm he would not be the first one to die getting it operated on

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
What shenanigans?
There have been issues and accusations in the past. If you're unaware you can seek out the info. I don't want to be more specific for liability issues but there's enough that's public knowledge that they are not above suspicion or all that popular with some groups.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Old news they said in summer they wouldn’t..they hurting them in pocket instead..
program. As of Monday, 84 percent of its employees have been vaccinated, and Delta is on track to have 90 percent of its employees vaccinated by Nov. 1, the company said. After that date, Delta will levy a $200 per month surcharge on unvaccinated employees’ health insurance and require those employees to be tested weekly and to wear masks at work.

• Wow
Reactions: cavok
Status
Not open for further replies.