No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
One person is in prison for this crime.
Last July, the Judicial Office of Permanent Attention Services of Santo Domingo imposed three months of preventive imprisonment on a young man accused of falsifying and selling COVID-19 vaccination cards at 500 pesos. The accused is Anthony Esterlín Martínez Sánchez, who allegedly made the cards in a photography studio in the Valiente sector of Boca Chica.

This article is a perfect example of just how screwed up this country has become.
No one, I repeat no one has been given the proper tools or training to spot fakes.
Do you honestly believe some young 20 something Dominican working the front entrance with his RD$13,000 a month salary is going be able to tell the difference between a real and a fake card? Do you think he'd report/ snitch you out to the authorities knowing the offender could possibly end up in jail for ten years, without fear of retaliation?

We get your point but you're way off the mark.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
In any establishment that chooses to check customers for vaccine cards, the checker will only be looking to make sure the card has a name, and at least one dose of vaccine. I do not believe anyone will be interested in spotting fakes and expect that in most places other than banks and govt offices most businesses will not want to face the potential confrontations that are surely to follow from people who cannot or will not produce something considered satisfactory. In the end, those who are vaxxed will show their cards if asked. Those who don't have a card to show will be the problem. As stated businesses and employees are not being paid to become an enforcement arm for the govt. Thus they will do the bare minimum in case anyone stops by to check that they are checking. On the face of it, it seems as if the court challenge scheduled for Monday has a decent chance of cancelling this program outright - assuming a judge in this country is willing to defy govt will.

Reactions: DR fan1990

ejl293

May 29, 2012
In any establishment that chooses to check customers for vaccine cards, the checker will only be looking to make sure the card has a name, and at least one dose of vaccine. I do not believe anyone will be interested in spotting fakes and expect that in most places other than banks and govt offices most businesses will not want to face the potential confrontations that are surely to follow from people who cannot or will not produce something considered satisfactory. In the end, those who are vaxxed will show their cards if asked. Those who don't have a card to show will be the problem. As stated businesses and employees are not being paid to become an enforcement arm for the govt. Thus they will do the bare minimum in case anyone stops by to check that they are checking. On the face of it, it seems as if the court challenge scheduled for Monday has a decent chance of cancelling this program outright - assuming a judge in this country is willing to defy govt will.
I agree with the above. BUT, take a look what it has accomplished already--many people have gone and received the vacination! So even if it fails in court, the mandate has helped in increasing those vaccinated.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I'm getting similar reports from boots on the ground down in Colombia and I've also heard rumors of it happening in Sosua of all places. Who would thought?
The DR developed e-ticket with QR code.
Do you think that it is possible that they also develop a QR vaccination confirmation liked to gov. inoculation data base?
The DR Vaccine database already exists.
A photo of a Vaccine card on your phone and cedula is accepted as digital proof.

The QR code is verified with the addition of ID.

One smart Dominicana was at the clinic and had two sinovac shots, she wanted them to issue a new vaccine card stating she had Pfizer.
They showed her, her vaccination info in the data base and laughed at her, she left in shame.

In reality, the application of vaccine proof could be for travel, restaurants and entertainment venues.
In most daily life it's a nuisance and just about impossible to administer or check.
People need to enter banks, supermarkets, hospitals.
No way they can check in carritos or guaguas.

I support vaccination for all that can and obviously those that had covid and now have natural immunity should have some id issued.
How long protection lasts and against mutants nobody really knows.

Regardless the situation is difficult, in many cases a mess, implication of many regulations difficult.
However governments and companies have to respond to covid in some form.
I feel sorry for hospital staff who have to deal with this and regular procedures on a daily base.
Doing nothing or just opening up everything without vaccinations and regulations is not an option.

Reactions: lifeisgreat

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The going rate for cards is 2000 pesos. Real ones with your name entered into the database.
Hey if you are at a loosely monitored Vax site whose to say the needle actually went into the arm? And does anyone actually count the vials?
Or, so they say anyway. Sounds like a scam to me.

Reactions: drstock

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I think only the supervisors that are supposedly going to be circulating around will be able to detect fakes.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Just curious, after how many shots will you actually stop and say I've had enough?
Cause I don't think this will stop at 3 shots.

Simple,
If you had two sinovac get a third mRNA vaccination.

If you had two shots of a quality Vaccine you are good for a year.
Others may get a shot after six or eight months.
Talk to your doc and make up your own mind what you think is best for you.

Other than that it may be a yearly booster shot, all depending on infection rates.
You don't want a shot, don't get one.
Of course this may impede travel or other daily life.
The reality we live in and not necessarily fun.

If you are an international traveller you will know that every country has different regulations, many very strict.
Stay put or deal with it, it is what it is!
None of us have the power to change it governments rule, you choose which laws you comply with and take your chances if you get caught in the net.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
bc_vaccine_card_phone_and_tablet.png
I like how you said politically useful.
As anyone with half a brain can realize that this vaccine card circus is mostly about politics at this point and very little to do with actual public health.
Those regions with rising infection rates, hospitalizations and deaths disagree with your circus idea.
It is about health and how hospitals and governments are forced to respond.

Maybe you live in a fantasy world where noting bad will happen to you because all life is fake and you'll die anyway you are strong and young.
No-one here gets out alive, have fun and live well make your moves.

Maybe the dead are few in your consideration.
Their deaths however are real for them and their families, daed for eternity.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Those regions with rising infection rates, hospitalizations and deaths disagree with your circus idea.
It is about health and how hospitals and governments are forced to respond.

Maybe you live in a fantasy world where noting bad will happen to you because all life is fake and you'll die anyway you are strong and young.
No-one here gets out alive, have fun and live well make your moves.

Maybe the dead are few in your consideration.
Their deaths however are real for them and their families, daed for eternity.

Vaccines are one thing, vaccine CARDS are another.
1) Vaccine cards don't prevent the spread, as those vaxxed can still spread the virus amongst themselves in closed spaces AND to the unvaccinated (amongst their families and communities).
2) A vaccinated person can just walk into restaurant and spread it to me, an unvaccinated person with a negative test, but according to government logic, that vaccinated superspreader does NOT need to test for Covid because he is vaccinated.

2) and as far as hospitalizations and deaths are concerned, there was NO increase in those categories in the recent weeks to justify the introduction of vax cards in Dominican Republic. On the contrary all deaths and hospitalizations have been decreasing in this country for months, so yes, this vax card mandate is political my fren.

nortenomore

Jul 26, 2019
Go they aren't free however and then you can get a 3rd and 4th
I've been encouraging people that are pro-RNA vaxx and pro-passport (digital slave papers) to get as many boosters as possible.

It's my new saying now, "you can never be too safe, my fren. What happens when the new variants come? Make sure you get the boosters." With this new approach I hope to solve several problems at once.

Remember, one shot is never enough when it comes to staying safe from Covid, the invisible enemy.

Reactions: DR fan1990

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
As we have discussed in the thread. No doubt banks, supermarkets and government offices will be following the requirement.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
When my friend was admitted to hospital a few weeks ago for an operation on a broken arm, the first thing he had to do was to have a Covid test, despite showing his vax card. What would have happened if he had tested positive? Who knows - maybe he would just have to suffer with a broken arm.
That is because at the hospital they realize that having two or three or 100 Billion CV19 vaccines, you can still be contagious.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I just got Second Sinovac. I thought maybe I was late but they said nothing. So have my vaccination card. Now I want to take Pfizer maybe in the beginning of the new year.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I just went to Laboratorio Refencia to ask and they said you just need an antigen test (no PCR test) to enter closed spaces. And it's 1700 pesos or 30 USD.

So 30 USD every week.
Affordable for tourists and expats but not Dominicans.

Reactions: Lobo Tropical
Status
Not open for further replies.