No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
WTF dude checking proof of vaccination at La Sirena in Santiago just let me pass when I told him I was a tourist here and have no vaccination.

Reactions: Juan Bosch

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
WTF dude checking proof of vaccination at La Sirena in Santiago just let me pass when I told him I was a tourist here and have no vaccination.
Stop snitching.
Most of the guys who work security at La Sirena's in Santiago are decent people. If he let you pass than he was probably told to do so by his superiors. The DR government DOES NOT want tourist having any issues as a result of Samantha Power's mandate.

The tourism sector can not afford mass cancelations if reports of people on holiday being denied entry into a supermarket to buy food start surfacing online. I know it, you know it and you can bet your last dollar the DR Government knows it.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Folks use some discretion when reporting on the charade of these mandates...Covidians might be reporting back to the government on these businesses...you know snitches...;)

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I fully understand why they believe everyone needs to be vaccinated (I'll take 8th grade education for $200 Alex) but I can't understand why they seem to think having to show a picture of a card to buy groceries is going to slow the spread especially when a person is being crammed into a Toyota Corola with 6 other people in order to get to that supermarket to buy those groceries.

I also can't understand why they are not telling people to consult with a doctor first, because make no mistake about it, if you experience any negative side effects that end up sending you to the hospital, you will be stuck dealing with it on your own.
Yeah. Complete madness.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Stop snitching.
Most of the guys who work security at La Sirena's in Santiago are decent people. If he let you pass than he was probably told to do so by his superiors. The DR government DOES NOT want tourist having any issues as a result of Samantha Power's mandate.

The tourism sector can not afford mass cancelations if reports of people on holiday being denied entry into a supermarket to buy food start surfacing online. I know it, you know it and you can bet your last dollar the DR Government knows i

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Point taken. Ok so it worked regarding getting more people to hurry up and get vaccinated including me. But I still think it’s going to be very difficult to implement the new restrictions the 18th. I talked to some employees at Downtown Center. They will have to show the vax card to go to work. That part of course will work but what about the visitors to the mall.
Or to Ole in BC?? Answer; My novia was refused entry this morning. She is on her way to get vaccinated now. Haven't we had enough nonsense opinions that it (show proof) can't be done?? I wonder how many of the experts on this forum will now step up and admit they were/are wrong....without parsing their words.?

Reactions: OldSkool

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Didn't realize I was "snitching."; neither was it my intention to do so nor impune the integrity of that man. I'm simply trying to highlight the confusion surrounding the new directves. Maybe you should stop criticizing, friend.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Or to Ole in BC?? Answer; My novia was refused entry this morning. She is on her way to get vaccinated now. Haven't we had enough nonsense opinions that it (show proof) can't be done?? I wonder how many of the experts on this forum will now step up and admit they were/are wrong....without parsing their words.?
Assuming you are talking Ole the supermarket? I've not seen a single post on any one of these (all things Covid) threads claiming it can't be done however I have seen many, myself included, question whether or not it would be selective enforcement or in some cases, enforced at all.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Assuming you are talking Ole the supermarket? I've not seen a single post on any one of these (all things Covid) threads claiming it can't be done however I have seen many, myself included, question whether or not it would be selective enforcement or in some cases, enforced at all.
Yes, Ole the supermarket. Who wants to live with "selective"?? In a way THAT is enforcement. Last night,my last nite in NYC, I went to a popular restaurant and we all got in without showing anything. I heard that during the week they were asking . Maybe, the owner thought, Sunday night , I have suffered enough this past two years, who's out looking at my restaurant on a Sunday? IDK, this is heartache for the owners. It has been one disaster after another for two years.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
She is getting her vax at this moment in Guayacannes because she doesn't want problems at restaurants in Juan Dolio or SD. She was adamant about no vax up till this morning when she went to shop at Ole.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Yes, Ole the supermarket. Who wants to live with "selective"?? In a way THAT is enforcement. Last night,my last nite in NYC, I went to a popular restaurant and we all got in without showing anything. I heard that during the week they were asking . Maybe, the owner thought, Sunday night , I have suffered enough this past two years, who's out looking at my restaurant on a Sunday? IDK, this is heartache for the owners. It has been one disaster after another for two years.
Problem is unless it's enforced 100% of the time at 100% of the businesses for 100% of their clientele then it's not working. It only takes one sick person to wipe out an entire island, right? It's just another failed attempt by this government to make you feel safer. Ya better off sticking to your mask and gloves in my opinion as these cards will not stop you from getting sick and dying.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Just came back from lunch at this small restaurant in the colonial zone near the beautiful malecon.
I was worried they would turn me down over the segregation card...
Turns out they didn't even ask me to wear a mask! No mask and no segregation card. I just walked in and ordered and I allowed allowed to dine-in in peace.

And by the time I got there, there were already 2 gringos having lunch as well.
So I guess they won't be turning down gringos over a vax card... Which is good!

It's a small restaurant with Dominican food. A nice meal + a small beer for just 325 pesos.
It's my favorite place to go to and I wilk keep going now that I know that they won't be harassing customers over the segregation card.
They don't have time for that. Overworked waitress didn't ever bother to wear her mask over her nose.

I gave them tips to show support.

Then I went to my local colmado just across the street to buy a few items... no mask and no card asked either.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Just came back from lunch at this small restaurant in the colonial zone near the beautiful malecon.
I was worried they would turn me down over the segregation card...
Turns out they didn't even ask me to wear a mask! No mask and no segregation card. I just walked in and ordered and I allowed allowed to dine-in in peace.

And by the time I got there, there were already 2 gringos having lunch as well.
So I guess they won't be turning down gringos over a vax card... Which is good!

It's a small restaurant with Dominican food. A nice meal + a small beer for just 325 pesos.
It's my favorite place to go to and I wilk keep going now that I know that they won't be harassing customers over the segregation card.
They don't have time for that. Overworked waitress didn't ever bother to wear her mask over her nose.

I gave them tips to show support.

Then I went to my local colmado just across the street to buy a few items... no mask and no card asked either.
Care to share the name?

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Care to share the name?
I really wish I could. But I rather not name the place, as I know some of the pro vaxxers on here will be quick to report them to officials and authorities.

The last thing I want is to get this restaurant get a visit from an inspector and kill their business over this mandate. They are nice people, they don't deserve that.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I really wish I could. But I rather not name the place, as I know some of the pro vaxxers on here will be quick to report them to officials and authorities.

The last thing I want is to get this restaurant get a visit from an inspector and kill their business over this mandate. They are nice people, they don't deserve that.
No prob.

Reactions: chico bill

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I feel like we are now living like in occupied Europe in 1939-1945. Gotta do everything in secrecy and fight the good cause behind closed doors because the majority has accepted dictatorship and only a few dare to take the resistance route.
Resistance groups vs collaborators (the majority) who will report them in a heartbeat, kind of like during 1940s occupied Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.