No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Problem is unless it's enforced 100% of the time at 100% of the businesses for 100% of their clientele then it's not working. It only takes one sick person to wipe out an entire island, right? It's just another failed attempt by this government to make you feel safer. Ya better off sticking to your mask and gloves in my opinion as these cards will not stop you from getting sick and dying.
The other thing is, the more rumors there are of places not enforcing it, the more places there will be that won't.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I feel like we are now living like in occupied Europe in 1939-1945. Gotta do everything in secrecy and fight the good cause behind closed doors because the majority has accepted dictatorship and only a few dare to take the resistance route.
Resistance groups vs collaborators (the majority) who will report them in a heartbeat, kind of like during 1940s occupied Europe.
All I was looking for was a restaurant in the CZ that he recommended since I am going to be there on Saturday after the dentist. LMAO.

Nobody

18+++
Apr 10, 2020
No one does care, except the vaccine pushers.
FYI Colin Powell died today "of Covid-19 complications" after having had both Covid Shots and, if reports are correct, also a booster.

A card may get you into the bank, but for a few, it also may get you into the graveyard
Another little detail you left out:

He was also being treated for multiple myeloma, a blood cancer that suppresses immunity, a spokesperson told CNN.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The other thing is, the more rumors there are of places not enforcing it, the more places there will be that won't.
Had lunch at a nice (and well visited) restaurant in Cabarete today and no one bothered with a Vax Card-Check. And no one was wearing masks either

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Because hardware guys are tough as steel.
If you try to buy an avocado coloured tub, they'll check you out though. 😂🤣
I think you could look in every hardware store in the DR and never find an avocado-colored tub. And if you find one it will be covered in 45 years of dust and under 20 pallets

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Remember , faking a vax card can get you 3 to 10 years in jail. That could wreak havoc with one's life, yet I am sure many will do it and a few will be made examples of in the oncoming days. The odds for those playing that game where they could end up not passing GO and going directly to JAIL are far better than winning the lottery.
Seriously Windy - No one on this forum is going to jail and I think only about 50% are faking cards or showing photos of someone else's card

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Nobody wears masks on Cabarete beach. Did you sit outside or inside?
Inside but with the front is wide open so it is like being outside. They have no intention of checking vax cards, today or anytime unless their is A Covid-Stasi guard standing with a gun next to them, but he could probably be bribed with a cold Bohemia ( because President seems to have gone out of business in bars and restaurants)

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Just got back from Janet's and an inspector was working the door. I saw quite a few people get turned away. A gringo in front of me had what looked to be a Dominican vaccination card, but he didn't have a cedula or copy of his passport, so he was turned away.

Reactions: OldSkool

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Just got back from Janet's and an inspector was working the door. I saw quite a few people get turned away. A gringo in front of me had what looked to be a Dominican vaccination card, but he didn't have a cedula or copy of his passport, so he was turned away.
You sounds like Janet's is a supermarket to avoid

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Anyone on this forum showing a fake vaccine card?
I know a woman who shared a photo of her card with two other unvaccinated so they can show it on thier phones.
I will follow up once I hear how it works for them.
From my neighbor's and mechanic's comments seems many Germans are saying Keine Chance!, to vaccines

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes. Next?
I just wondered.

I expect a few people to be made examples of in the coming days.
I expect that to happen in Santo Domingo or Santiago. Not on the North Coast.

Other then that, we all take our chances one way or the other.

CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay.

Reactions: aarhus
Feb 7, 2007
Had to go to SD today and I had to go by bus.

Getting on the bus... The nice lady was checking the certificates before boarding, from everyone, when it was my turn she said hola, I said hola and she said to go ahead and board and did not ask me for anything. The people in front of me and behind me they had to show... When returning back, nobody was checking anything in Santo Domingo.

Taxis in SD, nobody asked for anything. Pricesmart, they asked for a membership card and vaccination pic, and I showed them on my phone from like 2 meters distance.

Helados BON, the delivery guy was setting at the door asking for the card, but when he went out on delivery duty, nobody was checking nothing.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Had a nice dinner at a Sosua restaurant last night and there was no requesting of Vax cards.
Seems, as at most other locations , the silliness of checking Vax status is not widespread.
And few masks are being worn of late.
The people are regaining their liberty.

Status
Not open for further replies.