No one in DR should go hungry!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Those trees, most assuredly, belong to someone and often the fruit is waiting to mature and the owner will sell all on the tree, or they are waiting for family to come and share in the bounty. So, sometimes what looks like "free for the taking" is not. Even way out in the campo, people know whose tree belongs to who. It's a shame that often the early fruit falls to the ground and spoils, but it all depends on the owner.

I have a small finca that I let a local guy grow a crop on and he is supposed to look after my avocado trees. I drive by every couple of weeks just to check the place out. Out of five beautiful and bountiful Avocado trees I'm lucky to get a couple of dozen fruits because those locals rob the trees at night or on Sunday.
Here in Jarabacoa I think there is probably less hunger as this area produces huge surpluses of veggies...etc however yes I know children that only get one meal a day. The government also provides food for plenty of poor people as well.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
"Under Nourished" does not mean "Under Fed"!
"JMB" go volunteer at a food pantry on the South Side of Chicago, we are talking about the DR, you don't live HERE!
The main reason Dominicans ALL get enough to eat is because they ALL "SHARE" food with each other!
If there is not enough to eat in your house you go eat at your "Aunt's" house etc.
There may be some kids that are hungry, but only because "Papi" is not in the home, and/or "Presidente" is the priority!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

This isnt Chicago, and many families in the DR don't have a "papi" in the home. But this is good for the sex tourista and monger expats that can use this fact and the fact that many women here need to put food on the table for their ninos to exploit the poor chicas trying to feed their families and they can feel good not only because they were able to pay a young woman to have sex with them that they are helping these young ladies to feed their families that wouldn't have anything to do with them normally. . Bravo!!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The world produces an overabundance of food, much of which is wasted or never gets to hungry people because of greed or politics. I'm sure people miss meals here but fortunately there are always generous people in every really poor community. In fact I never in my life met so many generous people until I moved here.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The world produces an overabundance of food, much of which is wasted or never gets to hungry people because of greed or politics. I'm sure people miss meals here but fortunately there are always generous people in every really poor community. In fact I never in my life met so many generous people until I moved here.

Chip, you are so absolutely correct. say what you will about Dominicans, but lack of humanity is not one of their flaws.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I was at a river the other day in San Cristobal, and noticed some kids who definitely weren't eating anything like 3 meals a day. There is thin, and there is way beyond thin, and these kids were in the second category. It bothered me. I know that a lot of people on this site think that the problem will be that the mother refuses to pole-dance in Sosua. But no child should go hungry, and plenty here do.

No one is starving in our Barrio, constant fruit, veggies growing, so much so they give us bags of free fruit! The barrio peeps also go fishing and eat lots of free crab and fish. We have a bunch of fatties living here. (including me)

I also have never experienced such a giving attitude towards each other and us, many Dominicans really do help each other out!

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Why is it that most of these stories are about a mother who can't feed their kidsss? Time to get these fathers to clean bathrooms, dance or turn some tricks. You will think having a bunch of bothers and sisters without a father in the house and not enough to eat, you would not want that for your kid.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Why is it that most of these stories are about a mother who can't feed their kidsss? Time to get these fathers to clean bathrooms, dance or turn some tricks. You will think having a bunch of bothers and sisters without a father in the house and not enough to eat, you would not want that for your kid.

Because they breed like rabbits. Mommy, I let little Jose put his thingy in me and it felt real good - now at 12 years old I am a mother of 3....

How about getting some girls to the doctor to get that hole between their legs sowed closed. Then there wouldn't be so many kids to begin with.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Star" if you knew ANYTHING about "Dominicanas" who CHOSE to prostitute themselves, you would then know that, Little,or NONE, of the money they receive for having sex with men for money,(The Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaast Majority Are Dominican Men) ever gets to their children!
It goes to "Pimps", Hair & Nails, Clothes & Shoes, Alcohol, drugs, "Celulares", ANYTHING but their children!!!
Your "Anti Sex Tourist" agenda doesn't allow you to see THAT!!!!!!
"NO ES Nuestra Culpa", it's those Nasty Gringos who force us to do it!
THAT is one of the MANY reasons nothing ever changes here, it's NEVER the fault of the Dominican people!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Look!
I just found 500 pesos in my pocket, time for some "Hot, teenage, Dominican "TOTO"!!!!!!!!
:lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::smoke:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I got a call one morning years ago,from a young "Dominicana",prostitute friend of mine.
She said she needed 300 pesos to by some powdered milk for her baby.
I told her to meet me at my "Trick Pad" apartment in "La Fe",and she could "Work Off" the 300 pesos.
I asked her which brand of milk she was going to buy.
I SURPRISED her with a 1,000 peso can of that brand of powdered milk.
She was NOT HAPPY!
So much for being "Forced Into The Sex Trade" to feed her starving children!

Last edited:

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Because they breed like rabbits. Mommy, I let little Jose put his thingy in me and it felt real good - now at 12 years old I am a mother of 3....

How about getting some girls to the doctor to get that hole between their legs sowed closed. Then there wouldn't be so many kids to begin with.

I agree but it takes two and some of those guys are multiple offenders.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Quite a few parents "fail" in giving their kids enough food, forget about the right nutrition. However as I've seen and experienced many times there's always someone who has something to fill a needy kid's stomach.
That's the beautiful thing here in this country of contradiction, they share because they have to.
Adonde comen 4, comen 5 ;)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There's a small sector in Santo Domingo called Mata Hambre. Mata Hambre Map | Dominican Republic Google Satellite Maps

Mr. AE lived there as a little boy. The entire sector used to be filled with fruit trees, particularly mangos, and people came from all over SD just to pick the fruit - hence the name Mata Hambre - Kills Hunger.

When he was a boy, after they built a house in a different area, he would pass by there and pick fruit for breakfast and lunch snacks. Today it's a labyrinth of narrow streets and crowded houses, the trees are mostly gone, but the name remains.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Plant Trees!
I/we are eating Mangos/Avocados/ naranjas here from trees I planted over 10 years ago!
Also platanos, bananas, Juan Dules, sugar cane, and more short term plantings.
There is a lot of available space where people COULD easily plant "Stuff" yet they for the most part DON'T!!!!
Plant Mango & Avocado trees in every vacant spot in the country.
They could be for anyone who wants them.
Like THAT would ever work here!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
"Star" if you knew ANYTHING about "Dominicanas" who CHOSE to prostitute themselves, you would then know that, Little,or NONE, of the money they receive for having sex with men for money,(The Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaast Majority Are Dominican Men) ever gets to their children!
It goes to "Pimps", Hair & Nails, Clothes & Shoes, Alcohol, drugs, "Celulares", ANYTHING but their children!!!
Your "Anti Sex Tourist" agenda doesn't allow you to see THAT!!!!!!
"NO ES Nuestra Culpa", it's those Nasty Gringos who force us to do it!
THAT is one of the MANY reasons nothing ever changes here, it's NEVER the fault of the Dominican people!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Look!
I just found 500 pesos in my pocket, time for some "Hot, teenage, Dominican "TOTO"!!!!!!!!
:lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::smoke:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I got a call one morning years ago,from a young "Dominicana",prostitute friend of mine.
She said she needed 300 pesos to by some powdered milk for her baby.
I told her to meet me at my "Trick Pad" apartment in "La Fe",and she could "Work Off" the 300 pesos.
I asked her which brand of milk she was going to buy.
I SURPRISED her with a 1,000 peso can of that brand of powdered milk.
She was NOT HAPPY!
So much for being "Forced Into The Sex Trade" to feed her starving children!

you really do have a firm grasp on the culture of the rank and file. i was in a caseta on the malecon once, and this guy asked me for some money to buy food. he was dying of hunger, by his report. i told the waitress to bring him a meal of his choosing.

no thanks, he said. he would rather have the money. why, you ask?

"no me gusta plato del dia."

Apr 7, 2014
you really do have a firm grasp on the culture of the rank and file. i was in a caseta on the malecon once, and this guy asked me for some money to buy food. he was dying of hunger, by his report. i told the waitress to bring him a meal of his choosing.

hiiiiilarious!:(

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

I see this so often here in BC, people asking for food just because they want money.
I never refuse to give food but money nope, they can kiss my white a$$

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
hiiiiilarious!:(

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

i kid you not, Commander. another day, i was coming down the stairs from La Sirena, and ran into two girls. one asked me for money, because she was hungry. i told her that they had a buffet upstairs, and i would buy them something to eat.

"no thanks", replied the one who told me she wanted the money for food. "i don't feel well, and i have no appetite at this time. just give me the money, and i will eat when i feel better".

yeah;right!