No Response From Guzman Ariza Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

NachoBroadway

Jan 3, 2017
I didn't foresee me writing this post but I'm having a bad experience after my initial visit to Guzman Ariza's office in Santo Domingo.
I was so enthusiastic to find a resource that was highly recommended here and could hopefully help me and my family navigate the landmines of the Dominican real estate legal system.

It's been 30+ days after my initial meeting regarding my interest in updating a property title from my deceased mother into my name. The initial meeting was fantastic and the attorney displayed knowledge of the process and I was relieved, however, after that meeting, my attorney has gone silent. I haven't received a single line of communication since that face to face interaction. I've sent numerous emails requesting an update on next steps, which she said would be an emailed findings from an initial property records investigation and a contract with financial terms as I'm very interested in proceeding with a reputable attorney to get this case resolved for my family.

I've received zero responses after 30 days. I understand emails can easily get lost in the flood of our inboxes, so I called and left messages asking for an update and I've been completely left in the dark.

I understand there are bad apples anywhere and perhaps I was assigned an unresponsive attorney. Customer service is paramount to me and at least a quick, "Hi, we're still working on it and will update you shortly" But I've received silence after flying to Santo Domingo to start this process.

Wondering how everyone's waiting time was for the initial findings and an emailed contract. I appreciate your insight as I hope to alleviate our family's frustration.

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
I didn't foresee me writing this post but I'm having a bad experience after my initial visit to Guzman Ariza's office in Santo Domingo.
I was so enthusiastic to find a resource that was highly recommended here and could hopefully help me and my family navigate the landmines of the Dominican real estate legal system.

It's been 30+ days after my initial meeting regarding my interest in updating a property title from my deceased mother into my name. The initial meeting was fantastic and the attorney displayed knowledge of the process and I was relieved, however, after that meeting, my attorney has gone silent. I haven't received a single line of communication since that face to face interaction. I've sent numerous emails requesting an update on next steps, which she said would be an emailed findings from an initial property records investigation and a contract with financial terms as I'm very interested in proceeding with a reputable attorney to get this case resolved for my family.

I've received zero responses after 30 days. I understand emails can easily get lost in the flood of our inboxes, so I called and left messages asking for an update and I've been completely left in the dark.

I understand there are bad apples anywhere and perhaps I was assigned an unresponsive attorney. Customer service is paramount to me and at least a quick, "Hi, we're still working on it and will update you shortly" But I've received silence after flying to Santo Domingo to start this process.

Wondering how everyone's waiting time was for the initial findings and an emailed contract. I appreciate your insight as I hope to alleviate our family's frustration.
I cannot respond regarding Guzman, but my advice is keep your expectations low for customer service in any industry here. Business is not done the same way as we are accustomed to.

Reactions: chico bill

NachoBroadway

Jan 3, 2017
I cannot respond regarding Guzman, but my advice is keep your expectations low for customer service in any industry here. Business is not done the same way as we are accustomed to.
I'm realizing "island time" is a real thing. My background is sales/customer service so I'm managing my expectations. Thank you for the response.

Reactions: Sol09

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Large law firms are like shooting dice. Never know the number that will show up.................

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If you are looking for an attorney I have had good experience with PM me and I will give you her e-mail & phone number.
She speaks perfect English and was responsive to me, but like was said in a post prior - service is not well entrenched with service providers of any sort in DR

Reactions: CristoRey

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Like every business. They obtain a good reputation, more clients then they can handle, then dive.

No excuse for not keeping you, the client, unformed.

NachoBroadway

Jan 3, 2017
my question would be a simple one. Have you paid any money? If you have not paid any money you don't have a lawyer
How can I pay if there's no statement of work, invoice, method of payments, etc. Please review my initial post. I've stated that I've requested the information 3x over 30 days.

NachoBroadway

Jan 3, 2017
just what I thought. You don't have a lawyer.
You're not helpful and not elaborating. What was I suppose to do during an initial free consultation, pay a sum I thought of in my head and say to myself I have a lawyer now. Provide input, next steps, details. It seems from the tenured folks here that throwing money to anyone especially in the D.R. legal field without a contract isn't a smart thing to do lol. I'm interested in other's real world experiences after the initial consultation

Reactions: NAGUA and MGD

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Something is clearly missing here.
You have a question you ask the lawyer, you do not go on a public forum with this sort of complaint.
Its one phone call.

Reactions: Big

NachoBroadway

Jan 3, 2017
Something is clearly missing here.
You have a question you ask the lawyer, you do not go on a public forum with this sort of complaint.
Its one phone call.
I've called twice and left the attorney messages requesting a follow-up with the receptionist.
If the caseload was out of of their scope, I'd gladly appreciate an update so that I can inquire with other firms.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
You're not helpful and not elaborating. What was I suppose to do during an initial free consultation, pay a sum I thought of in my head and say to myself I have a lawyer now.
An attorney's time is his stock in trade. That "free" consultation is where you break out the cash, shake hands and he gets to work. Attorney's need cash to pay the rent, keep the lights on just like any other business. If you show up at the office prepared to pay for service they will not throw you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.