No terrorism in the DR

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A quick glimpse at the Content of the FBI monograph on The Nation of Islam clearly shows that this group does has a history of violence and hatred towards what they consider to be their enemy. Given their recent focus of attention on Dominican-Haitian affairs and their now vocal desire for the unification of the island under the flag of Haiti, its not far fetched at all that they may be tempted to consider the Dominican government their enemy too or at least an enemy to their desires. The widespread lack of Dominican support for anything that calls for the destruction of the DR as an independent country could also rub these people the wrong way, perhaps enough for them to want to show the Dominican people that they are serious. Violence/terrorism is not something the Nation of Islam is unfamiliar with.

image.jpg

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
A quick glimpse at the Content of the FBI monograph on The Nation of Islam clearly shows that this group does has a history of violence and hatred towards what they consider to be their enemy. Given their recent focus of attention on Dominican-Haitian affairs and their now vocal desire for the unification of the island under the flag of Haiti, its not far fetched at all that they may be tempted to consider the Dominican government their enemy too or at least an enemy to their desires. The widespread lack of Dominican support for anything that calls for the destruction of the DR as an independent country could also rub these people the wrong way, perhaps enough for them to want to show the Dominican people that they are serious. Violence/terrorism is not something the Nation of Islam is unfamiliar with.

image.jpg

That document is from 1955

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
DR is safe from terrorism as long as she stays far from the troubles in the Middle East (Palestine / Israel and all the troubles in that region)

DR is a 1/3 world country (island), with no military (serious) power, with no impact in geopolitics (beneficient or prejudicial to the muslim world). Nothing will happen Si dios quiere.

Btw, Islam is present in the DR and latin america (Cuba ,PR, Mexico, Brazil etc) since colonial times. Since the early 15th century, North African slaves and Crypto- muslims (due to inquisition "clean-up") were deported in Santo domingo and other places (called esclavos berbericos), later on West African muslims (gelofes) led the first slave rebellion (in the new world) in december 1521.

The first acts of terrorism in Santo Domingo (against native indians) on the other hand were done by non-muslims ( Colombus and his gang of thieves,felons, mass murderers...)

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
DR is safe from terrorism as long as she stays far from the troubles in the Middle East (Palestine / Israel and all the troubles in that region)

DR is a 1/3 world country (island), with no military (serious) power, with no impact in geopolitics (beneficient or prejudicial to the muslim world). Nothing will happen Si dios quiere.

Btw, Islam is present in the DR and latin america (Cuba ,PR, Mexico, Brazil etc) since colonial times. Since the early 15th century, North African slaves and Crypto- muslims (due to inquisition "clean-up") were deported in Santo domingo and other places (called esclavos berbericos), later on West African muslims (gelofes) led the first slave rebellion (in the new world) in december 1521.

The first acts of terrorism in Santo Domingo (against native indians) on the other hand were done by non-muslims ( Colombus and his gang of thieves,felons, mass murderers...)

as far as geopolitics go, my only worry is that the DR actually sent troops to fight against Iraq in George Bush?s little war of stupidity.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
as far as geopolitics go, my only worry is that the DR actually sent troops to fight against Iraq in George Bush?s little war of stupidity.

I was trying a while ago to look that up out of curiosity. One of my better half's uncles is an army colonel and the family says he was sent to Irak at that time.

Searching the Internet I could not find any information, what unit was send there and when exactly...

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012

Nothing will happen as the DR withdrew from the Iraq war following the terrorist bombings in Spain(2004). This was done to intimidate other countries and it worked like a charm. The DR along with Honduras withdrew its troops.

Dominican Republic, Honduras to withdraw troops
http://www.pravdareport.com/world/americas/22-04-2004/5378-troops-0/

Spain to withdraw troops
http://www.heritage.org/research/re...t-after-the-madrid-bombings-rewards-terrorism

Last edited:

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010

I have to correct you K-Mel. The phrase IS NOT "1/3 world" the phrase IS "third world." If we were translate your numerical formulation to words it would read "one-third world" which is obviously just incorrect.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have to correct you K-Mel. The phrase IS NOT "1/3 world" the phrase IS "third world." If we were translate your numerical formulation to words it would read "one-third world" which is obviously just incorrect.

picky, picky. we got what he meant, and so did you.

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012

Hope they will not engage in such activities in the future, because these uneducated terrorists donkeys think with their toes. They strike hard and blindly...

Mar 1, 2009
Many Arabs come to the Caribbean for vacay.
Truth can sometimes be stranger than fiction.
While no NOIslam member will personally arrive in DR via Haiti with an explosives belt, the crime carried out in Paris was an assymetrical war operation.
In assymetrical war your opponent uses non-conventional means to wage war.
Propaganda
Assasinations.
Subversion,
Sanctions,
Bombings.
Urban warfare tactics, et al.
These all would have the purpose of disrupting the DR in any way possible so that it's government would capitulate and give in to the any demands from said external element.
This would qualify in the "Or Else" category NALS explained.
The DR gov is mentally weak and the probabilty of the jellyfish in it just shrinking away is very real.
Your impeachment and dismissal of NALS ideas does not make them any less unlikely or untrue.
What the NOIslam is doing is just as bad as Bin Laden appearing before a camera and licking his lips after 9/11.
It is terrorism lickety split, that's the actual factual.
The DR just like any country can be a victim of attackers of many or any stripes, so the threats cannot simply be dismissed as bunkum.

LC

Those are similar responses I've read in other forums, but instead it was regarding whether letting refugees enter Europe basically without control was a wise thing. Some people claimed it could be an easy way for terrorist to enter Europe and their detractors went on the usual attacks because they lacked any counterarguments. That's what people do when they want to reject something, but don't know how to.

I'm not truly wondering why the attackers have quiet down lately.

A 'refugee' in killers' ranks: Terrorist linked to Syrian refugee route

Suddenly people are having second thoughts and the people that questioned the open door policy to anyone that asked for asylum don't appear to be 'crock of bull****', as you would say.

After attacks in Paris, governors refuse to accept Syrian refugees

Oh yes, on page 14 of the first part of the FBI investigation on the Nation of Islam gives some interesting details (cannibalism, human sacrifices, racism as its cornerstone foundation, etc). All important information regarding an organization that has some lunatics among its ranks. This is something the DR government needs to take seriously.

FBI - Nation of Islam

T

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Many Arabs come to the Caribbean for vacay.
Truth can sometimes be stranger than fiction.
While no NOIslam member will personally arrive in DR via Haiti with an explosives belt, the crime carried out in Paris was an assymetrical war operation.
In assymetrical war your opponent uses non-conventional means to wage war.
Propaganda
Assasinations.
Subversion,
Sanctions,
Bombings.
Urban warfare tactics, et al.
These all would have the purpose of disrupting the DR in any way possible so that it's government would capitulate and give in to the any demands from said external element.
This would qualify in the "Or Else" category NALS explained.
The DR gov is mentally weak and the probabilty of the jellyfish in it just shrinking away is very real.
Your impeachment and dismissal of NALS ideas does not make them any less unlikely or untrue.
What the NOIslam is doing is just as bad as Bin Laden appearing before a camera and licking his lips after 9/11.
It is terrorism lickety split, that's the actual factual.
The DR just like any country can be a victim of attackers of many or any stripes, so the threats cannot simply be dismissed as bunkum.

LC

T

if you believe that a statement by a member of the NOI will cause fear in the hearts of Dominicans, then you also believe that 20 people in the DR have heard of the NOI.

i am not so sure about that. NALS is an educated guy, who lives in the USA, and he seems to have discovered Minister Farrakhan rather recently. i cannot believe that people living here have encountered his name, let alone his thoughts.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
if you believe that a statement by a member of the NOI will cause fear in the hearts of Dominicans, then you also believe that 20 people in the DR have heard of the NOI.

i am not so sure about that. NALS is an educated guy, who lives in the USA, and he seems to have discovered Minister Farrakhan rather recently. i cannot believe that people living here have encountered his name, let alone his thoughts.

JC is too popular for Muhammad to have any chance.
Therefore there won't be no terrorism in the DR because in order to set up an attack one needs a network of same minded loonies who can supply the terrorist with all he needs to commit the attack.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Maybe it would make it easier to communicate with their terror cells in the US.:ermm:

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
That is interesting. Why acquire a phone company in DR?

I have heard that they can use open phone lines to move money. No idea how this works but a company back home had their phone system hacked and it was traced to an Islamic (ahem) organization somehow using the lines to transfer funds.

Way too high tech for me to understand, I am losing brain cells by the day, some self-inflicted (thank you alcohol, you are always there for me) and some "environmental" as living here is definitely making me stupider, yet paradoxically, more cunning…

Hmmmmmm…….

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I have heard that they can use open phone lines to move money. No idea how this works but a company back home had their phone system hacked and it was traced to an Islamic (ahem) organization somehow using the lines to transfer funds.

Way too high tech for me to understand, I am losing brain cells by the day, some self-inflicted (thank you alcohol, you are always there for me) and some "environmental" as living here is definitely making me stupider, yet paradoxically, more cunning…

Hmmmmmm…….

That makes sense. I thought it would a strange way to wash drug money, but a good way to transfer it.