No Water Going Over Dams at Lowest Levels

B

bob saunders

Here in Jarabacoa there has been rain every afternoon, and then again at night for more a week. Some are not heavy rainfalls burt some are torrential downpours for several hours. I guess it is a hit and miss on what areas are getting rain.

C

CristoRey

What a coincidence, me and my good buddy WW were just
discussing this same problem earlier today while the servants
were washing our helicopters :cheeky:

C

cobraboy

Here in Jarabacoa there has been rain every afternoon, and then again at night for more a week. Some are not heavy rainfalls burt some are torrential downpours for several hours. I guess it is a hit and miss on what areas are getting rain.
And we'll get more rain into the foreseeable future. The northwest isn't so lucky.

But at least our streams are filling and it'll all go down toward Presa Tavares and give the people in Santiago some relief...then head to the northwest.

R

RDKNIGHT

then when it rains I will hear about the flooding problems.....

R

RDKNIGHT

I wonder how the drought is now with all this rain....its been raining for the last 7 days......... I guess a new topic will be can the Dams hold the water back.................................................

C

cobraboy

I wonder how the drought is now with all this rain....its been raining for the last 7 days......... I guess a new topic will be can the Dams hold the water back.................................................
Here is Jarabacoa we've had 1-2" every day for almost two weeks. I am taking water *out* of the pool.

In the mountains, even worse. And the ground is no longer perking.

So a lot of this water has to be getting downstream by now.

G

Garyexpat

Driving back and forth from Santiago to the capital I was checking out the rivers/streams and they were roaring rapids. Hopefully we get past the drought.
One problem I read last year was the one of the reservoirs could only hold a fraction of the original volume due to the fact that it had not been dredged for too long. If that still is the case it will continue to cause problems and water shortages every time a dry spell comes to the country.

C

Cdn_Gringo

Some showers in Sosua but not enough to make up for the lack of rain before this week.