No Water in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Doesn't help those not getting water, except lessen the likelihood of being charged anyway
I can only say it might get worse if Corraplata collects the money.
There is a water tank near me that has more rust holes than a sunken barge.
When they fill it it looks like someone straining their spaghetti.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Doesn't help those not getting water, except lessen the likelihood of being charged anyway
This is the first I have heard of AAA Dominicana and their part in the north coast corruption in CORAAPPLATA. Does that mean the office in El Patio Cabarete was run by AAA Dominicana and will now be CORAAPPLATA employees directly? Chico BIll, I don't see how it could get much worse by removing a useless and corrupt middle man company.

Print this article

11 September 2021​

Water company ends contract with the AAA Dominicana company

In a press conference, director Oliver Nazario Brugal of the water company CORAAPLATA announced that the cooperation with the AAA Dominicana company is ending. Since June 2014, this company has been collecting the water money that individuals and companies have to pay for the use of tap water. They also take care of shutting down the water supply if customers fail to pay. When reconnecting, they charge connection costs. According to the director of the water company, there is fraudulent behavior in the collection of water charges. Companies have to pay water money while they do not get tap water. Furthermore, only about fifty percent of the collected amount is paid to the water company. The water company even receives only ten percent of the reconnection of customers.​

Water company ends contract

Water company ends contract​

Oliver Nazario Brugal announced that from now on the water company will collect the water fees itself.​

Source: Puerto Plata Digital​

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
In El Batey in Sosua there is water, never had an issue with that. But I know that there are issues in other areas outside of the down town area particularly the areas between Sosua and La Union. On the other side, Perla Marina has not seen water in a long time and you will always see water trucks inside Perla Marina delivering water. Many owners have had wells dug which is becoming more and more common in may areas.

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
As posted on the CORAAPPLATA: ¡Ahora es 13 de septiembre y todavía no hay agua hasta 31st Augusto! ¿Puede proporcionar una actualización sobre las reparaciones y un pronóstico de cuándo en Perla Marina tendremos agua?

Coraapplata was repairing the 30 inch main that feeds this area (Cabarete, Perla Marina, Sea horse Ranch) and was supposed to be finished on the 8th September but still no water here in Perla Marina. does anybody have water from them. If so post where you are to help see haw far they have got. Thanks
Olly
8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author
Coraapplatard
The problem we have in this area is that the taking work doesn't have enough water to supply Cabarete and Sosua. We only have to wait for the water level of the construction work to return, this with rain. Non-service days will be accounted for and discounted for it.

This is a translation of a reply from Coraapplata on the 13th September. So it looks like being a long time before we get water from them in Perla Marina.

Olly

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author
Coraapplatard
The problem we have in this area is that the taking work doesn't have enough water to supply Cabarete and Sosua. We only have to wait for the water level of the construction work to return, this with rain. Non-service days will be accounted for and discounted for it.

This is a translation of a reply from Coraapplata on the 13th September. So it looks like being a long time before we get water from them in Perla Marina.

Olly
And here I thought the multiple wells they were drilling in Sosua and Cabarete would help. I guess not. One truly incompetent government group they have become over the years. From 40 plus pounds of pressure in 2003 to a maximum of 10 pounds several times a week where I am. The cistern and pump get a real work out.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
This is the first I have heard of AAA Dominicana and their part in the north coast corruption in CORAAPPLATA. Does that mean the office in El Patio Cabarete was run by AAA Dominicana and will now be CORAAPPLATA employees directly? Chico BIll, I don't see how it could get much worse by removing a useless and corrupt middle man company.

Well based on their sloppy to nonexistent repairs and inability to deliver water I think you may want to reconsider that Windy. Just when you though things couldn't get worse................

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
In El Batey in Sosua there is water, never had an issue with that. But I know that there are issues in other areas outside of the down town area particularly the areas between Sosua and La Union. On the other side, Perla Marina has not seen water in a long time and you will always see water trucks inside Perla Marina delivering water. Many owners have had wells dug which is becoming more and more common in may area

Many areas in EL Batey has no water. In Camino Llibre, we have only gotten a very light sprinkle for the past few months and some houses get nothing. Villa Ana Maria where Super Pola is rarely gets water. Super Pola has a water truck there each day. Some in Playa Chiquita have no water. I don't think that Hotel Voramar has had water in years.

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I just got my bill today. 529 pesos. I got no more than 200 gallons last month. Not sure which meter they read, but they'll be taking a second look.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
In El Batey in Sosua there is water, never had an issue with that. But I know that there are issues in other areas outside of the down town area particularly the areas between Sosua and La Union. On the other side, Perla Marina has not seen water in a long time and you will always see water trucks inside Perla Marina delivering water. Many owners have had wells dug which is becoming more and more common in may areas.
Well, I'm happy that I live in Los Castillos and at least for the past 5 years, we've not had issues with the water. And before that, I lived in Sosúa Abajo, and there was never an issue. My mother-in-law lives in Sosúa Abajo and she has water 24hrs 7days a week. At least the majority of the "locals" in these places are aware of the issue and have their cisterns that they fill up whenever the water is getting to them, and in general, the water comes at least once or twice a week. And yes there are parts of these areas where the water doesn't come to regularly, for example, the upper parts of Los Castillos. That's mostly because the water pressure is too low, and those of us who live closer to the main street get all the water first, and then those who live further up, get the "left-overs". But I also believe that it's kind of one of the things you DO check before you move to a place. The first question me and my wife ALWAYS ask, and not only the owner of the house but also the neighbors is "how's the water situation?". If there's an issue, well I wouldn't be moving there.

Reactions: Jumbo and Ken

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016

Print this article

11 September 2021​

Water company ends contract with the AAA Dominicana company

In a press conference, director Oliver Nazario Brugal of the water company CORAAPLATA announced that the cooperation with the AAA Dominicana company is ending. Since June 2014, this company has been collecting the water money that individuals and companies have to pay for the use of tap water. They also take care of shutting down the water supply if customers fail to pay. When reconnecting, they charge connection costs. According to the director of the water company, there is fraudulent behavior in the collection of water charges. Companies have to pay water money while they do not get tap water. Furthermore, only about fifty percent of the collected amount is paid to the water company. The water company even receives only ten percent of the reconnection of customers.​

Water company ends contract

Water company ends contract​

Oliver Nazario Brugal announced that from now on the water company will collect the water fees itself.​

Source: Puerto Plata Digital​

This is when a drought started, massive water problems but new Jeeps and uniforms and they would not honor contracts and we left the (non) public system. No regrets and no water bills. We do more then fine without them.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
This is when a drought started, massive water problems but new Jeeps and uniforms and they would not honor contracts and we left the (non) public system. No regrets and no water bills. We do more then fine without them.
S.O.V. is building a huge water park. Should not be a concern since they have been a water use place for years.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
S.O.V. is building a huge water park. Should not be a concern since they have been a water use place for years.
Sorry to go off topic, but really, they are making their water park even bigger? They constantly add stuff to that place making it bigger and better. I know that they have their own wells though and they are now starting to install water meters on all of the properties inside SOV.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Sorry to go off topic, but really, they are making their water park even bigger? They constantly add stuff to that place making it bigger and better. I know that they have their own wells though and they are now starting to install water meters on all of the properties inside SOV.
Nope. All NEW HUGE one.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I just got my bill today. 529 pesos. I got no more than 200 gallons last month. Not sure which meter they read, but they'll be taking a second look.
Check if you bill is based on Promedio -or Estimate. Also check with a previous bill if "Lectura Antes and the Lectura Actual have changed based on the 20 CM you have been billed.

This could be a major GLICH in their accounting system

Olly

Attachments

• Corraplata Bills No1.jpg
    Corraplata Bills No1.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 135

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I know several illegal connections. It is easy for the cheaters to do it when the PVC mains are empty 5-6 days a week.
I had to repair the main near my home, after a major leak was reported and Corraplata came, tried to repair it, but it still leaked so I dug up the main which is buried just 10" and put a proper dresser coupling on it.
Now at any time I want I could dig up the main in front of my service and put in a tee and reduce it to the 1" service to my cistern and valve off the metered connection. And there would be no consequences for this.
I bet 1/3 of the connections to single family homes in DR are illegal.
One Dominican neighbor is supplying two very large homes, both with huge landscaped yards, with an one illegal connection. Corraplata cut their services after they were unable to pay unpaid bills from prior owners of the property.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
The latest :
Interview Caribbean Christen 15/09/21

Oliver Nazario of CORAPLATA says he is not a magician in the face of water scarcity in Perla Marina Cabarete.

Ricardo Ripoll in Somos Pueblo TV interviews the representative of the neighborhood council of Perla Marina in Cabarete, who denounces that after many claims to CORAAPLATA for deficiency in the water service, they decided to take collective legal action against that institution.

For your information .

Olly

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Perla Marina sits in a "belly" with higher elevations on the highway to the west at Seahorse Ranch and CocoPalms(Playa Encuentro) to the east. I'm guessing that the old pumps are now "under capacity" due to increased demand and are not able to maintain sufficient pressure to get the water over the hill - even if there is enough supply. They probably determined that replacing the pumps would just be a short-term solution and that's why they're putting in the wells and pumps to the east in Cabarete. Just a guess.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Perla Marina sits in a "belly" with higher elevations on the highway to the west at Seahorse Ranch and CocoPalms(Playa Encuentro) to the east. I'm guessing that the old pumps are now "under capacity" due to increased demand and are not able to maintain sufficient pressure to get the water over the hill - even if there is enough supply. They probably determined that replacing the pumps would just be a short-term solution and that's why they're putting in the wells and pumps to the east in Cabarete. Just a guess.
You think if Seahorse was out of water as long as Perla Marina strings would not be pulled?
Being lower should mean more pressure if the water is not valved off.
Corraplata needs engineers not "Uncle Tito" getting a salary while running a water truck or intentionally drying up neighborhoods then telling residents if they pay him a fee he can turn valves - and yes that happened in my area. (That Corraplata sofflaw since died, but the water is still throttled by his successors)

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
The water pressure in my part of Maranatha is terrible. Especially after 9AM. I get up at 5 three times a week when I am there. Start filling my 25 gallon bucket in the tub and sump pump the water up to the tinaco. Usually need to pump 600 gallons a week. This takes 2 Hours each morning I do it. House is rented so I’m not going to pay for a more advanced system. But then again whatever water we get is free. No one pays for water yet in this area. To install meters here will be expensive if not almost impossible for a corrupt company. Most days dishes are washed out of two 5 gallon buckets.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, I'm happy that I live in Los Castillos and at least for the past 5 years, we've not had issues with the water. And before that, I lived in Sosúa Abajo, and there was never an issue. My mother-in-law lives in Sosúa Abajo and she has water 24hrs 7days a week. At least the majority of the "locals" in these places are aware of the issue and have their cisterns that they fill up whenever the water is getting to them, and in general, the water comes at least once or twice a week. And yes there are parts of these areas where the water doesn't come to regularly, for example, the upper parts of Los Castillos. That's mostly because the water pressure is too low, and those of us who live closer to the main street get all the water first, and then those who live further up, get the "left-overs". But I also believe that it's kind of one of the things you DO check before you move to a place. The first question me and my wife ALWAYS ask, and not only the owner of the house but also the neighbors is "how's the water situation?". If there's an issue, well I wouldn't be moving there.
For at least the first 5 years of more of my 18 years living at one place here in Cabarete, there was over 40 lbs of water pressure ALL the time. It steadily fell in pressure first and then in frequency over time. I have only run out of water twice in those 18 years. The first time was because a major storm clogged up the system. But I suppose it could get worse. I could not predict the incompetency and corruption of CORAAPPLATA back in 2003. The problems are from a lack of planning and corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.