North Coast Noise Report Line: 1-809-320-8856 (RUIDO)

sosuadr

Aug 17, 2014
For those that don't yet have it or know... Reports made 24hrs to puerto plata authority they then escalate and dispatch officers to turn off the noise.
Works for Sosua, Puerto plata, Cabarete..etc..

Fast and efficient... but not a permanent solution.. if problem reoccurs tomorrow you need to call again... and again.. and again but they will come time and time again as well.

For a permanent solution you need to contact and report on the third floor of the palacia of justice in puerto plata to: medio ambiente (Elvis Miguel García Hernández, Magistrado y a Juan Cabreja técnico de sonido) they come the very next day and serve papers.
It is an environmental issue not police issue this is why in part police "Initially" can do nothing more than turn the music down when reported....

At first it is a nice letter informing them of the laws.
287-04 Ley Medioambiental sobre prevención, supresión y limitación de ruido
64-00 Ley De medio ambiente
42-01 Ley general salud

Continued problems need to be re-reported to the Magistrate then you can see actions given such as this video.

I would also like to let everyone know although a phone call to 1-809-320-8856 is best...
The national police also have app that you can make anonomous reports to.. including grabbing audio for evidence, videos and photos. it is very easy to use and anonymous.
You can find it (Tu PoliciApp RD) on google play
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.policianacionalrd.app
and on the apple store as:
apps.apple.com/gb/app/tu-policiapp-rd/id1347593301

Some other great news reports that make me smile that I have saved in the past include:

And if you are interested in more of your rights and details you can download here: https://ambiente.gob.do/transparencia/base-legal/normas/

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
For those that don't yet have it or know... Reports made 24hrs to puerto plata authority they then escalate and dispatch officers to turn off the noise.
Works for Sosua, Puerto plata, Cabarete..etc..

Fast and efficient... but not a permanent solution.. if problem reoccurs tomorrow you need to call again... and again.. and again but they will come time and time again as well.

For a permanent solution you need to contact and report on the third floor of the palacia of justice in puerto plata to: medio ambiente (Elvis Miguel García Hernández, Magistrado y a Juan Cabreja técnico de sonido) they come the very next day and serve papers.
It is an environmental issue not police issue this is why in part police "Initially" can do nothing more than turn the music down when reported....

At first it is a nice letter informing them of the laws.
287-04 Ley Medioambiental sobre prevención, supresión y limitación de ruido
64-00 Ley De medio ambiente
42-01 Ley general salud

Continued problems need to be re-reported to the Magistrate then you can see actions given such as this video.

I would also like to let everyone know although a phone call to 1-809-320-8856 is best...
The national police also have app that you can make anonomous reports to.. including grabbing audio for evidence, videos and photos. it is very easy to use and anonymous.
You can find it (Tu PoliciApp RD) on google play
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.policianacionalrd.app
and on the apple store as:
apps.apple.com/gb/app/tu-policiapp-rd/id1347593301

Some other great news reports that make me smile that I have saved in the past include:

And if you are interested in more of your rights and details you can download here: https://ambiente.gob.do/transparencia/base-legal/normas/

I LOVE this post.

Reactions: sosuadr

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Someone called the rudio police on my neighbors downstairs
about 30 minutes ago then I see this thread... HILARIOUS!

Reactions: JD Jones

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
In Las Terrenas, the noise situation is getting out of hands, we certainly hope those solutions are also coming our way.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
WOW! I didn't know about this. This is actually VERY helpful. Cause I remember like 3 years ago, when 911 was quite new here in Puerto Plata (I live in Sosúa). So one of many nights the neighbours had VERY loud music outside and it was like 1 am and at that time my son was like 3 years old and we had a really bad time trying to get him to sleep. So I first called 911 and explained the situation, and they were like, "No we don't handle this, call the local police" so then I did and the police responded "You have to call 911" in return I answered, "Yeah I just did and they told me to call you". In turn the policeman said "Okey, where is it?" and I gave them the address and the policeman just said with a sigh "Yeah we've been there some times tonight already"..... Sooooo we just had to wait until the neighbours went to sleep. Now we live in a much quieter environment than before... But still very helpful.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
WOW! I didn't know about this. This is actually VERY helpful. Cause I remember like 3 years ago, when 911 was quite new here in Puerto Plata (I live in Sosúa). So one of many nights the neighbours had VERY loud music outside and it was like 1 am and at that time my son was like 3 years old and we had a really bad time trying to get him to sleep. So I first called 911 and explained the situation, and they were like, "No we don't handle this, call the local police" so then I did and the police responded "You have to call 911" in return I answered, "Yeah I just did and they told me to call you". In turn the policeman said "Okey, where is it?" and I gave them the address and the policeman just said with a sigh "Yeah we've been there some times tonight already"..... Sooooo we just had to wait until the neighbours went to sleep. Now we live in a much quieter environment than before... But still very helpful.
It's important to note that 911 is not the number to call for noise, as noise is not considered to be an emergency.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
It's important to note that 911 is not the number to call for noise, as noise is not considered to be an emergency.
Yeah I know that now, but at that time when 911 was relatively new, it was actually stated both in news articles and on their website that if you had any noise issues you should call 911, and even the local police said to call 911, until I answered that I was referred by 911 to call local police. And of course this is 3 years ago.