North Coast Road work? Is it happening?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Went to Sosua today. The west lane has now been paved about 1/2 mile east of Sea Horse Ranch and the old asphalt has been removed at least another 1/2 mile east of that. The east lane was paved almost to Sea Horse Ranch.

Work was in progress when I went by. If they continue at this rate, they will make it to Cabarete by the election.

Reactions: etolw

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Went Cab-Sosua today, oh yes, full spead ahead road work. Fast progress, Nice🚧👌

Went to buy a new doll for the little one at Playero. Bummer, not found at Super Pola either.

But at the small shop in the local barrio, we found one, after coming back....Oh well, nice to see all the new tarmac!

IMG_20200528_113023416.jpg

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You're right - I went to Sosua today. They were working when I went by this afternoon. The old asphalt has been removed from Perla Marina to Hideway Beach, just west of Playa Encuentro. Looks like they should definitely make Cabarete before the election.

Reactions: etolw

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You're right - I went to Sosua today. They were working when I went by this afternoon. The old asphalt has been removed from Perla Marina to Hideway Beach, just west of Playa Encuentro. Looks like they should definitely make Cabarete before the election.
With all the CV-19 discussions one tends to forget the election motivation so commonly related to finally fixing the farking road. There is an almost 100% positive correlation.

Reactions: drstock

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Pavement scraped and being filled on Eastbound Caraterra well past the Kite Beach death turn and almost to the Esso station before downtown Cab.

I wonder if they will end just after Lifestyles. Downtown Cab gonna be a mess if they keep coming.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Pavement scraped and being filled on Eastbound Caraterra well past the Kite Beach death turn and almost to the Esso station before downtown Cab.

I wonder if they will end just after Lifestyles. Downtown Cab gonna be a mess if they keep coming.
They should go all the way through and past Cabarete as was originally stated would be done all the way to Nagua. There will never be a better time to do this.

Sep 22, 2009
They should go all the way through and past Cabarete as was originally stated would be done all the way to Nagua. There will never be a better time to do this.
The road from RSJ to Nagua has been done for a while. I just passed through last week while fleeing Everything Cabarete

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It's finished - yes - all the way to Nagua...

I expect Magoo made a visit to Payita..... pit stop..... full of chicas they tell me