North Coast Temperatures

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Even my dogs are refusing to leave the house because of the cold rain. Mid March!
Dogs have to look for their own shelter,
but my 11 1/2 years ole Baby/Chihuahua 1kilo lady Lucy has since most of the lasting WINTER the allowance to sleep under the sabana of Daddy.
Wifey doesn't like that always, but hey, my wifey is always free to sleep in the bed of our daughter or in one of the guest beds, lol.
There are preferences to set, as always in life.
Just yesterday we burried on my buddy's Finca his Chihuahua male "Cabecita", who been a joy with us for 23 very long years.
Honestly, I had never in my life a wifey to stay 23years with me, 23 years of unquestioned loyalty.
so betya there are "priorities' set in this household.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Dogs have to look for their own shelter,
but my 11 1/2 years ole Baby/Chihuahua 1kilo lady Lucy has since most of the lasting WINTER the allowance to sleep under the sabana of Daddy.
Wifey doesn't like that always, but hey, my wifey is always free to sleep in the bed of our daughter or in one of the guest beds, lol.
There are preferences to set, as always in life.
Just yesterday we burried on my buddy's Finca his Chihuahua male "Cabecita", who been a joy with us for 23 very long years.
Honestly, I had never in my life a wifey to stay 23years with me, 23 years of unquestioned loyalty.
so betya there are "priorities' set in this household.
I have a 72 pound blond rescue who shares my bed - but not under the sabanas

• Haha
Reactions: MikeFisher

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I have a 72 pound blond rescue who shares my bed - but not under the sabanas
Yeah, I hear ya,
All my animals here on the lil Finca have their very comfy areas.
The ole lil Chihuahua Lady is the only animal (aside of my beloved House Dragon/Wifey, of course) allowed inside the house and my bed when there is need to stay warm for the lil handful of Love of a Life.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Yeah, I hear ya,
All my animals here on the lil Finca have their very comfy areas.
The ole lil Chihuahua Lady is the only animal (aside of my beloved House Dragon/Wifey, of course) allowed inside the house and my bed when there is need to stay warm for the lil handful of Love of a Life.
Have you noticed how they like to have contact with some portion of you - it's like they are afraid you'll get up in the middle of the night and abandon them.
And if you do get up for a drink or to use the restroom they move in where you were and then you have to fight them for your spot back.
No woman would have a chance getting any room in the bed alongside my rescue girl. I'm a doomed bachelor.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
66 degrees for a Canadian is picnic & swimming pool weather
It is different when you spend your months/years in a caribbean island climate and then the temps drop to 19C/66F over nigt, with the coolest time to be the very early mornings around sunrise, at this very moment by around 7:00AM.
And this is from me, someone who spent weeks at a time just with his horses on over 13.000ft of elevations in the Rockies, passing blizzards there, long before I could have marked the DR on a map.
But here, NOW, I have a light but long sleeves shirt on when I leave the Vaquero's Hut by 6AM to feed the animals around.
It really is different when you live for a long time in a different climate and then temps drop just a few degrees over night.
I still ride motorbikes in just a short sleeve t-shirt on my german visits at 25C, enjoy skiing and snowboarding at their appropriate temps,
but no way I would walk around my dominican Finca at the same temps or the actually well below temps in a shirt and shorts early morning/by sunrise.
Yes, Age may play a factor on the game, too, but that's not something I would be ready to admit for the next decades, lol.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Have you noticed how they like to have contact with some portion of you - it's like they are afraid you'll get up in the middle of the night and abandon them.
And if you do get up for a drink or to use the restroom they move in where you were and then you have to fight them for your spot back.
No woman would have a chance getting any room in the bed alongside my rescue girl. I'm a doomed bachelor.
sounds not that far from myself.
I am married, brought 2 dozen children through school, but there is still a darn "bachelor" left with his Cabezura, hahahaha.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Not to hard to convert in your head either. Gets you close enuf with multiply and add.
That's a skill few people under 40 posses. Calculators and failing schools saw to that.
Every notice that in a bar or store they reach for a calculator for the simplest of math.
They other day I had 150 pesos and 225 pesos. I could add to 375 before the girl ever entered the numbers, and I announced it - it's like they are amazed. OK it wasn't 15 items but come on two numbers ?
Sure I don't mind them checking but it would be nice if they also had confirmation in their heads too - because fingers make errors also

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
A lot of highly qualified scientists and climate experts also disagree with those professionals that have sold their soul to keep their funding.
I'm not going to enter into an argument with you, Mr Saunders. I know from previous experience with you that you will never accept that any view that is different from yours could possibly have any validity, and you will always have to have the last word.

And, on topic, it's still cold here on the north coast today.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm not going to enter into an argument with you, Mr Saunders. I know from previous experience with you that you will never accept that any view that is different from yours could possibly have any validity, and you will always have to have the last word.

And, on topic, it's still cold here on the north coast today.

Very chilly on south coast too.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My weather app tells me it's 77 on the north coast/Cabrera.......... sleeveless sweater back on (only one I have here)

Not equipped for this !!
I have a puffy.... evening wear !!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
my evening wear on the Finca(after 10PM) is jogging pants and a sweather from end November til end February.
Now we are past mid March and I did not change to my usual "summer even wear", lol.
but yesterday afternoon, most of last night and several times today we got very nice and much needed rain, this weekend no need to spend time on watering any seeds, I just fed the cows, Housedragon has in her office/kitchen some pounds of very nice pork chops in the make, so all looks good for a great quiet friday eve and a nice stress free weekend ahead with friends visiting tomorrow and sunday.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Well, barbeque weather for sure.
Speaking from experience you can BBQ on a propane grill at minus 35c (-31f) and still cook a pretty good steak. At minus 40 (equal in both c and f) the propane turns to heavy liquid and will not flow through a regulator.
I have done this few a times and I suggest wearing a toque and warm clothes.
Before you ask why, I cannot ruin a good steak by cooking it an oven or store top.

Aug 21, 2007
The broccoli and cauliflower are particularly nice this year. I have been thinking it is because they are typically colder weather crops. With cooler temps, the ground stays cooler, too, and these types of vegetables flourish.

Or maybe I am wrong and the DR is just learning better farming techniques and how to maintain freshness.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Speaking from experience you can BBQ on a propane grill at minus 35c (-31f) and still cook a pretty good steak. At minus 40 (equal in both c and f) the propane turns to heavy liquid and will not flow through a regulator.
I have done this few a times and I suggest wearing a toque and warm clothes.
Before you ask why, I cannot ruin a good steak by cooking it an oven or store top.
I can't ruin one cooking over propane............just saying

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I can't ruin one cooking over propane............just saying
You should look into cooking lessons. I don't know of any good restaurants that do not use gas to heat the cook surface. I have cooked over wood and coal but gas give a nice even heat and produces a great finished product.
Now if you want to cook using a blow torch, I wish you luck.
My old neighbor used too add anything he could find including plastic. That gives a nice black shiney coating to the food but that does not work for me.