Not starving to death in the DR ...

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Most expats I know, take 2 combo pills every 6 months to keep in shape..
I do too.
Now someone will reply " I don?t!"... Fine. But I do. ;)

May 31, 2005
PeachezNcream84 said:
Well you never know what type of ppl ahve time to make a website!! :D:D:D

I try all kinds of things when i drink :D

I have gotten sinck from the late night Pizza at eh Esso in POP..I have been fine from all the empanada street vendors in POP and Luperon...and gotten EXTREMELY ill form the empanada street vendor ( at the CARIBE bus station) In Santo Domingo......

Guess it all depends on the time of day and how many ppl have bought b4 you...(i.e. if they leave the empanadas out overnight..or sell them the same afternoon)

Have had some GREAT food at outside vendors in SD....late at night..like 3am on the way home (to my brother in laws house) and have also gotten (very)sick from the late night SD "chienese food" resturant on the way home...

Then again I have a very sensitive stomach...and I have a parasite from Dominican water where i get sick quite frequently (even here in Canada) which they cannont find though Candian testing...and everytime I return to Luperon and explain to the doctors my symptoms...they give me pillls which make me better within the week. It's just i get sick everytime I return to Canada..

I have wondered since we get these parasites from the DR...will Dominicans get other paraistes in the water/food in other countries? A girl form Holland who lives there in the DR for many years has told me, that only young Dominican kids get this parasite, then their bodies get used to it. She htinks Dominicans will get a parasite their bodies are not used to when they leave their country...has anyone heard of this?

I think it all has to do with your immune system. You get exposed to a parasite and your immune system builds antibodies against it so that next time you get the parasite it is easy for your immune system to fight on it's own.