Now here is a kick in the butt!

C

Chip00

YOU MUST be kidding!!! Dominicans would rather spend whatever little money they have on BEER than on milk for their kids!!!:tired:

Maybe for the upper class - for the common Dominicans, "un bipe" is the choice.:)

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
In Azua, a "chata" of Brugal goes for 110 pesos, while a "bolsita" of cocaine goes for 100 pesos. Now that's a kick in the butt!!!

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
velly intresting.......

In Azua, a "chata" of Brugal goes for 110 pesos, while a "bolsita" of cocaine goes for 100 pesos. Now that's a kick in the butt!!!
whats the going rate on smack?:paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
whats the going rate on smack?:paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid:

No smack (heroine). My sources mention that the drug (cocaine) is being thrown from airplanes in paquets, like "care packages", and picked up by unsuspecting campesinos, finding its way into the hands of authorities, and then being sold to the general population through microtraffickers. The extensiveness of these drops suggests intentionality, a concerted effort. Of course, this is all hearsay.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I'm curiouse what kind of a deal the DR has cut with the US on the cafta agreement as far as beer imports,the US could blow presedente right out of the water as far as prices and quality (sam Adams) being one but i'm sure the DR will not let that happen.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
Beer Watch.

just saw posters today in gasper hernandez,sabanetta,islabon etc,advertising the price of a large btl of brahma down $10rd from $50rd to $40rd!!!!!!!
handsome gringo looking chap on the poster giving another guy five and winning at dominoes.
so thats another plus to drinking brahma,it will improve your dominoes game and make you look hip and attractive at the same time.
TAKE THAT!so called presedinte!!:lick: :laugh:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It's too bad Brahma tastes like a soggy brown paper bag!
Maybe with a bit of lime it's drinkable.
Brahma in Brasil tastes nothing like the Panther P. brewed here.

tambo'

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
Haitian cana moonshine

:bunny: With most domincans,its all about the price,cheaper the the better, if it gets them the same results!happy and drunk,the people in the bario near my house in st domingo are drinking more rum now than beer they say its a cheaper way to get drunk,they are also now drinking the haitian cana moonshine,(forgot the name)clear alcohol 100% ;taste bad and it screws your insides up ,so ive been told!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

Chip00

Go back to school

I vote we create a trust fund to send the policy makers in this country who decided they could increase their revenue by increasing the beer tax to my high school in South Carolina for a semester to study Business Economics 101. Any takers? hahaha

What does this it say about higher education in the DR when they don't understand the dynamics of their own economy? Does one even have to be moderately intelligent to understand that the general population has very limited disposable income and therefore if they charge beer at more than first world prices in a third world economy that the people will have to choose between not eating and drinking beer and eating and finding some other alternative to beer? Does anybody know if Leonel was part of this decision? - supposedly he is highly educated and should know better.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I vote we create a trust fund to send the policy makers in this country who decided they could increase their revenue by increasing the beer tax to my high school in South Carolina for a semester to study Business Economics 101. Any takers? hahaha

What does this it say about higher education in the DR when they don't understand the dynamics of their own economy? Does one even have to be moderately intelligent to understand that the general population has very limited disposable income and therefore if they charge beer at more than first world prices in a third world economy that the people will have to choose between not eating and drinking beer and eating and finding some other alternative to beer? Does anybody know if Leonel was part of this decision? - supposedly he is highly educated and should know better.

They don't care. It's about feeding the Kleptocratura, the Yipeta driving scum of the thieving class.

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
Seem simple to me

Drink Brahma and other cheap brands. Avoid drinking Presidente. They will have to compete.The goverment will need to cut the tax. Watch out for Quilmes. They are an intense competitor in Argentina. They will offer to bars for cost, to capture market share. I witnessed this in AR over the last few years of residence there.