Now there is proof!

Irina1

Mar 9, 2009

I know that Dominican locals think that all gringos have money...its kind of an automatic thought...and they want to get out of DR to improve their life...But they don't know how it is to live in Canada, US or Britian..Well Im gonna use Canada for example because its where I live (wasnt born there).
When dominicans come to Canada and start working and get their paycheck and see that there is a couple hundred $$ deducted for taxes ...they freak. Then they go to buy clothes and shoes, gas, insurance and other stuff and see how much it all equals upto. Then they get to know the cost of living.Yea you get paid more here but you also spend more. And by the end of the whole process....maybe they wont admit it...but they probably wanna go back to DR. DR locals think that money comes easy to us ...but in reality we work just as hard .... even harder for our money than them. Even if this is explained to them ..they still dont get it.

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
DRAKA where have you been all this time to open our eyes?? just to let you know ,we have seen it and debate this tv show about sankies,yes realistic but dont reflect all the dominican.
for irina what do you mean we working harder than dominican.
unless you working 28 day per month and 12h a day sometimes more and for 200 usd you dont know what you talk about!!!
my husband dominican and living in london work 55 hours a weeks and he does a double shift once a week of 16h but it could never compared the hours he used to work there.
also he always been realistic about the lifestyle here,the only disapointement is the how cold and rude people can be here.

Irina1

Mar 9, 2009

DRAKA where have you been all this time to open our eyes?? just to let you know ,we have seen it and debate this tv show about sankies,yes realistic but dont reflect all the dominican.
for irina what do you mean we working harder than dominican.
unless you working 28 day per month and 12h a day sometimes more and for 200 usd you dont know what you talk about!!!
my husband dominican and living in london work 55 hours a weeks and he does a double shift once a week of 16h but it could never compared the hours he used to work there.
also he always been realistic about the lifestyle here,the only disapointement is the how cold and rude people can be here.

if you read ... i was talking about male and female....tell me how many women stay at home during the day in dominican and compare them to how many women here stay home during the day , everyday. here everyone has to work . u cant relly on one person to support the whole family. (i hope ur talking about london, ontario..not london, england. becasue I used Canada as an example)

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
if you were talking about male and female,be more precise next time!!
one example my father in law work since 25 years doing the same job as supervisor and still get 5000 pesos a month and for that reason my mother in law is carry on working and as she cant find a job around where the live,she come home only once a week and only to get 4000 pesos.and she dont have the intention to stop because her son hes working in england.yes some dominican are realistic about the cost of life abroad.
the reason why many women arent working is they all having a child very young and cant rely on the family all the time so they housewife,but many womens of my husband family working hard and barely see their child.
also london in england and london in ontarion what the big difference,you were mentioning britain as example also!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
if you read ... i was talking about male and female....

im sorry but you never once mentioned male or female.....IF YOU RE-READ!

(i hope ur talking about london, ontario..not london, england. becasue I used Canada as an example)

Dalila is from England.

Not that makes a difference because people work hard in both countries. People also work hard in the Dominican Republic. It is a different kind of work day but people with work ethic will work hard whichever country they live in....work ethic is learned....many people have it and many people dont. I just dont think you can say that dominicans dont work as hard as Canadians for their money. There are lots of very successful Dominicans that work very hard for everything they have.

You are somewhat correct in that many dominicans have a false idea of what life is like outside of the DR....we are heavily taxed, we dont get long lunch breaks because its hot out....the money doesnt go as far as one might like to think it can...it all takes adjusting.

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
i agreed with sangria in the fact,it depens of your ethic.some people are lasy,punto.
during my relation,when my husband was living there,sometimes he was doing shift of 14h a day and never failed to do his job so i kind of knew,it would be the same in england and i was right.
also he never have a false idea about money,because i told him from the beginning how was the life here in europe.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I agree it's just different work but we all work. And i have this discussion every day with a friend it's work ethic and some people don't have any and that's in every country!! Damn I work with a few of those people lol

I also found that when I visit the DR people assume you have a lot of money but can you blame them they don't know what it's like in Canada just as some of us don't really know what it's like to live in the DR. I only vacation but I would not pretend to say I know what it's like to live there. The only think I can truly say is I know what it's like to vacation in the DR :) and I love it!!!

Quote:
[Not that makes a difference because people work hard in both countries. People also work hard in the Dominican Republic. It is a different kind of work day but people with work ethic will work hard whichever country they live in....work ethic is learned....many people have it and many people dont. I just dont think you can say that dominicans dont work as hard as Canadians for their money. There are lots of very successful Dominicans that work very hard for everything they have.

You are somewhat correct in that many dominicans have a false idea of what life is like outside of the DR....we are heavily taxed, we dont get long lunch breaks because its hot out....the money doesnt go as far as one might like to think it can...it all takes adjusting.[/QUOTE]

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Demand and Supply

Not ALL Dominican men are this way....

Correct.
And:
Not all white women seek sex with young Dominican sankies.

But as there is demand, there's supply.
Market rule, one better not interfere.

They all get what they deserve.
Some even more... :tired:

Irina1

Mar 9, 2009

im sorry but you never once mentioned male or female.....IF YOU RE-READ!

Dalila is from England.

Not that makes a difference because people work hard in both countries. People also work hard in the Dominican Republic. It is a different kind of work day but people with work ethic will work hard whichever country they live in....work ethic is learned....many people have it and many people dont. I just dont think you can say that dominicans dont work as hard as Canadians for their money. There are lots of very successful Dominicans that work very hard for everything they have.

You are somewhat correct in that many dominicans have a false idea of what life is like outside of the DR....we are heavily taxed, we dont get long lunch breaks because its hot out....the money doesnt go as far as one might like to think it can...it all takes adjusting.

last time i checked "domincans" or "people" were male and female , not just male...and no where specifially did i say that i was talking about males...............as far as cold in england ....canada is way colder .. and the life in england is not the same as in canada....if u RE-READ i said Im gonna use Canada as an example!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
last time i checked "domincans" or "people" were male and female , not just male...and no where specifially did i say that i was talking about males...............as far as cold in england ....canada is way colder .. and the life in england is not the same as in canada....if u RE-READ i said Im gonna use Canada as an example!

You are rediculous!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
As someone who has lived in more than one country, it is close to impossible to even try to envision life in a place one hasnt previosuly lived.

Whether Dominican or otherwise, I think it is unrealistic to expect that any amount of explaining will make clear, life abroad.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Question to lighten the mood here.:paranoid:

Would you say that the fellow in the video is working HARD everyday of his life? :cheeky:

Let's stick to the subject in the video

Irina1

Mar 9, 2009

i dont the point of insulting people for no reason!

thats my opinion....this is where people post their opinions...so chill out ...read some of the other threads if u wanna go and talk about insulting people....

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Question to lighten the mood here.:paranoid:

Would you say that the fellow in the video is working HARD everyday of his life? :cheeky:

Let's stick to the subject in the video

Depepnds on one's definition of "work" ;)