Numbered Moto Vests and Disarming the Public starts on the Same Day?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Half of the country has the same feelings to PN. Nobody respects them, nobody likes them, nobody trusts them.

You can go and give your PN friends some nice rimjob if you love them that much. I don't care. If you don't like my opinion, you may just ignore my posts.
A friend of mine (who has completely turned his life around) who was deported after serving time in US prison for stabbing someone became a PN shortly after arriving home. He quit about 2 years later. He said they (the PN) were just as bad as the criminals they were chasing and sometimes worse.

Then there was my neighbor who was arrested and spent a weekend in jail for renting out his police issued firearm to known criminals who got caught robbing a colmado in Guarabo, Santiago. By the way, he's still on the force.

Lets see....
Ah yes, if I had a $1 for every time I saw the PN take money from people in and around La Joya (proceeds included) I'd be a very wealthy guy.

We won't even get into the amount dirty PN working in and around Sosua.

Cristo Rey (Las Flores) was the first area of this country I ever lived, hence the handle and I know it well. I was just down there two weeks ago visiting friends and had it not been for this damn curfew, I'd a been down there this weekend.

If this government thinks those people are going to just turn in their firearms because they want to disarm the populace....
It shows just how out of touch this administration is with the residents of these communities. They possess those firearms to protect themselves from criminals and dirty cops.

I would love for someone to post the number of working firearms they collected so far...
lol, I'll bet its less than 10.

Reactions: Garyexpat

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
A snowball in hell has better chances than getting all of the motoristas registered.

Regards,

PJT

Reactions: Garyexpat

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A snowball in hell has better chances than getting all of the motoristas registered.

Regards,

PJT
But wait, in the news today there is more, much more:

As part of the National Strategy for Citizen Security announced by President Luis Abinader, the National Institute of Transit and Land Transportation (INTRANT) launched the National Motorcycle Registration Plan.

The registration pilot, which will soon be carried out nationwide, began at the INTRANT’s facilities.

In announcing the event, the President of the Republic, Luis Abinader, said that “under the direction of Rafael Arias and INTRANT, the registration of motorcycles begins, which is equally and so important for the pilot plan we have, this pilot plan for citizen security.”

In this sense, the executive director of INTRANT, Rafael Arias, expressed that “we call on citizens to register their motorcycles as an indispensable requirement to move on the roads, thus ensuring the regulation of this mode of transport and the safety of each user throughout the national geography.”

“We want to make it clear that this measure includes all motorcycle users, independently of their use or function of the user,” specified the INTRANT director.

Likewise, the official announced that the different registration points that will be established nationwide in the coming days and the corresponding dates for each locality would be announced through the media.

In compliance with Law 63-17, the National Registry of Motorcycles establishes as mandatory the use of the protective helmet labeled with the license plate of the motorcycle and the obtaining of the license plate of the motorcycle.

The measure is adopted considering the existence of motorcycles that, for various reasons, are not identified with the plate, nor the corresponding documents and, in that sense, will proceed to its registration under the direct responsibility of the user of the same.

The INTRANT press release explains that, for this purpose, each protective helmet will have a unique code that will be indispensable for registration. At the same time, the procedures for obtaining the motorcycle license plate are being carried out.

Likewise, the press release details that the category one driver’s license will be issued for three years and will have a cost of RD$600.00 for the user, which must be paid before registering the motorcycle in the in-person or online modalities facilitated by INTRANT.

Reactions: cavok

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Numbers on vests, numbers on helmets, 3 year 600 peso moto licenses...
How does it get any better than that?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The first video says the Doctor turned in his gun, he responds that this is NOT true.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The only way this government can prevent illegal firearms from being trafficked into this country
is to completely stop all people and all goods from moving across the border with Haiti. Short of
that, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. So criminals and their associates will have access to firearms to rob,
shoot and kill but for the people who need them the most, they plan to make it more difficult for
them to keep or obtain/ register legally?

Now lets stop and think about this for a minute. If I were a criminal and I was always looking for a
business to rob and I now know there will be a lot more business owners who are no longer legally
able to carry a firearm (they gave it up to avoid any penalties)...
Do I feel emboldened?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The only way this government can prevent illegal firearms from being trafficked into this country
is to completely stop all people and all goods from moving across the border with Haiti. Short of
that, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. So criminals and their associates will have access to firearms to rob,
shoot and kill but for the people who need them the most, they plan to make it more difficult for
them to keep or obtain/ register legally?

Now lets stop and think about this for a minute. If I were a criminal and I was always looking for a
business to rob and I now know there will be a lot more business owners who are no longer legally
able to carry a firearm (they gave it up to avoid any penalties)...
Do I feel emboldened?
The disarmament attempt is like trying to put the cat back in the bag.
But, they do seem very sincere about taking guns that are currently completely legal from their owners who have never committed crimes.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
As I read it, Eugene said a Public Notary with no mention of that person also needing to be a lawyer in the DR.
Do you know what NOTARIO PUBLICO means in DR?

Do you understand the difference between signing some documents in front of NOTARIO PUBLICO and hiring a lawyer to represent you in any process?

As I said again, you need to print your Declaracion Jurada, walk into the any office of any Notario Publico, where you will sign the document in front of the notary and he/she will add the notary's part to it, thay will look like: Yo, LIC. XXX XXX, Abogado Notario Público de XXX XXXX XXXX, Matricula No. XXX, CERTIFICO Y DOY FE que las firma que aparecen al pie, del presente documento, han sido puestas de manera voluntaria por el señor XXX blah blah blah blah..... Then the notary signs and stamp it, you pay something like 2000 pesos, that's it, 10 minutes of time. It has nothing to do with hiring a lawyer to represent you.

Then you go to Procuraduria where you make your Declaracion Jurada LEGALIZADA (in other words, they confirm that the notary was real).

And Yes, Notaries are lawyers, but acting as notary, they just confirm that you are you and you voluntary signed the documents in front of the notary. Once again, it has nothing to do with hiring a notary to represent you in any case or process.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
KtYFKD.jpg

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
is to completely stop all people and all goods from moving across the border with Haiti.
A lot of illegal firearms are trafficked from US with mudanzas and hidden in some containers, some also hidden in imported cars.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
Proof please.
it's in the news several times a year. What year do you want?

a few examples

You think it has changed in 2021? LOL they do it for years and they never stop.

Google more if you want, I don't have that much time. I just remember that the last article I've read about DGA confiscated guns hidden in the barrel that one of mudanzas shipped, was a few months ago.

Regarding bringing illegal guns in imported cars.... people do it. I hear it time to time. And, I even remember one post here on DR1 some years ago, where one member said that instead of buying a gun here, he smuggled one from US hidden in door of the car that he brought from US to DR. :)

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
W

Do you understand the difference between signing some documents in front of NOTARIO PUBLICO and hiring a lawyer to represent you in any process?

As I said again, you need to print your Declaracion Jurada, walk into the any office of any Notario Publico, where you will sign the document in front of the notary and he/she will add the notary's part to it, thay will look like: Yo, LIC. XXX XXX, Abogado Notario Público de XXX XXXX XXXX, Matricula No. XXX, CERTIFICO Y DOY FE que las firma que aparecen al pie, del presente documento, han sido puestas de manera voluntaria por el señor XXX blah blah blah blah..... Then the notary signs and stamp it, you pay something like 2000 pesos, that's it, 10 minutes of time. It has nothing to do with hiring a lawyer to represent you.

Then you go to Procuraduria where you make your Declaracion Jurada LEGALIZADA (in other words, they confirm that the notary was real).

And Yes, Notaries are lawyers, but acting as notary, they just confirm that you are you and you voluntary signed the documents in front of the notary. Once again, it has nothing to do with hiring a notary to represent you in any case or process.
FWIW, I have bought and sold over a dozen vehicles here, and never once did I sign anything in front of a notary. My on-staff lawyer did all of the footwork. Most were done in one day.

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
W

FWIW, I have bought and sold over a dozen vehicles here, and never once did I sign anything in front of a notary. My on-staff lawyer did all of the footwork. Most were done in one day.
Same here. To have done it myself I would have had to go to Santiago and I would have saved very little for all the time and effort. Much easier and faster just to pay my lawyer.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
W

That's right. Because every lawyer has a notary that trusts that lawyer, you sign it in front of your lawyer, then lawyer goes to that notary to save your time, tells the notary Yes I saw myself how he signed this, and the notary says OK, takes his money and notarizes it. That's actually illegal, but this is DR and that's how ALL lawyers offices work here with their notaries.

But, for example, if you don't want to go to your lawyer for that or you don't have one, you can buy a printed standard contract in La Sirena, put your and buyer/seller data there as well as all data of the vehicle, go to any office of any notary, do it right in front of him and walk out with a notarized contract in 10 minutes.

The thread is not about notaries or lawyers. I just explained that you don't have to hire a lawyer to go thru this new ridiculous process of the renewal. The Declaracion Jurada needed for this can be notarized at ANY Notario Publico in 10 minutes.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Yes, I absolutely know the differences and the exact process you detailed above. I have had to do it more times than I care to have done so.

And I know that in order to get a document notarized you need to see a lawyer. You said a lawyer is not necessary and if I recall the term you used, you called the person a Public Notary. Which of course has to be a lawyer in the DR. So you need to see a lawyer PERIOD to do a part of the job. That is because all Notaries in the DR are lawyers. Get it yet?

Any other questions?