NYC DR1 Reunion

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
hello

I havent been on here in a few days? Whats all this about ties? I still plan on coming. Can I wear a dickie bow?

Larry

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
Re: hello

Larry (ILoveDR) said:
I havent been on here in a few days? Whats all this about ties? I still plan on coming. Can I wear a dickie bow?

Larry

Some people want to meet up earlier, seriously. Others can't meet up earlier and just want everyone to meet up later. *Sighs* Peeps shouldn't ruin eachothers fun.

Anyways, we definitely will be at DR-K at night. As for the dress-code, I believe, someone said they'd check that.

For now over 15 people plan on attending. A few want to come earlier, a few others don't want anyone meeting up earlier. Several are coming from far away but haven't experessed any interest in times to meet up.

That's where we stand right now.

I'm thinking I'll wear my Washington Heights shirt but have a change of clothes with me. It'd be easier to idenitify me in that than in normal/street clothes, plus later I'd have the chance to change into something appopriate for DR-K.

That's my word.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
well

I dont plan on coming too early. I'll come by later on and have a drink or 2 and say "hello".
Larry

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
Re: well

Larry (ILoveDR) said:
I dont plan on coming too early. I'll come by later on and have a drink or 2 and say "hello".
Larry

That's fine. I have nothing against people coming later, all I'm against is posters telling others not to meet up before they do.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Chopical said:
That's fine. I have nothing against people coming later, all I'm against is posters telling others not to meet up before they do.

Well, if you are not against people coming later, I'm in. I'll be there around 8:30-9PM.

Who started this thread btw? I'm so confused.

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Just a reminder so no one forgets about the Reunion tomorrow night!

7:00 pm ( I might make it at 7:30 cuz I'm coming straight from work)

DRK

I know it's Dyckman, I dont have time to look through the whole thread for the address though, who has it that can post it?

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Reunion is on Saturday...the 18th.

It doesn't look as if I will be able to make it to dinner. I will be in Boston tomorrow and the better part of Saturday. I am planning on being back around 10pm and heading to DRK right from the airport. It's probably a good idea to exchange contact information.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
MAJOR FLOOD in Wash. Hts.

About an hour ago I heard there is a a giant water main break in the area of DR-K . You might want to check the traffic report tom. see whats going on.

In any event see you Sat. nite

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Now this thread is really taking a funny turn. After 191 posts people still don't have the dates right, many people can't make it on time and many won't come because a tie and a jacket is required and then some people are complaining about the tastless food. How many people are scheduled to meet? 15? Now there is a water main break and flood everywhere?
Man I see some serious bad omens. But I sincerely hope everything works out and you people finally be able to take time out from your extremely busy schedules to meet and enjoy some good moments with each.
I only thank god I live in DR where we have nothing but time.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
AZB said:

You're so lucky AZB. Life here sucks. I haven't even had lunch today. Work, work, work, that's all I do.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Forbeca, my santiaguera sister, when you will find time to come to your beloved city, let me have the honor of taking you out to a place to have the best steak in the city. Where we will sit and talk and laugh the evening away without any time constraints.
Tonight I am going to centro espanol to see the basball game plus 2 for 1 drinks. What a life in DR.
Wait, I can also go to boomerang disco and see merenguero sergio vargas perform (free for AZB, doorman is my friend).
Decisions decisions, life can be tough even in the paradise.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
keeping awake

AZB maybe those earthquakes will keep you awake--God knows with all that time on your hands you need something to keep you out of trouble--

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
AZB said:
Now this thread is really taking a funny turn. After 191 posts people still don't have the dates right, many people can't make it on time and many won't come because a tie and a jacket is required and then some people are complaining about the tastless food. How many people are scheduled to meet? 15? Now there is a water main break and flood everywhere?
Man I see some serious bad omens. But I sincerely hope everything works out and you people finally be able to take time out from your extremely busy schedules to meet and enjoy some good moments with each.

Okay so we are meeting at GWB around 3ish then going to the italian restaurant with the early birds, after that meeting up later on at DR-K? Or something. I know people are coming all different times and stuff.

OK guys don't worry about the water main break the cross bx expressway and Deegan were shut down but as of 7 pm 10/16 the roads are all opening back up so dont worry about the water main break. The restaraunt is on Dykman between nagle ave and post ave not sure of excact address. Wish I could be there with you guys but I'm flying tommorow to Puerto plata and driving into Santiago for the weekend. Have fun I know I will down there.
Pat

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
AZB said:
Forbeca, my santiaguera sister, when you will find time to come to your beloved city, let me have the honor of taking you out to a place to have the best steak in the city. Where we will sit and talk and laugh the evening away without any time constraints.

You're on. It w/b my pleasure.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Anyone know if Robert is going to make it to this reunion? He had said that if it was on the 18th he'd be coming in from UK by then.

BTW don't forget to bring a camara along. Get some pictures of members we haven't seen yet. ;)