Obnoxious Gringos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Dude! Can't we have an intelligent conversation about business opportunities, getting to know local culture and customs, a beautiful monogamous relationship that you've established and maintained with a Dominicana, baseball, the weather, heck anything other than stories of cheap sex and the fulfillment of your obvious pedophile fantasies?

That's Low Man.

Charles Lowman

Mar 14, 2010
www.starquesteducation.com
personally, i'd rather talking about a good f**k than about "good news", but that's just me, with my moral ineptitude.
More power to you dv8...if that's your thing. I went through a similar stage of bragging about my conquests....but there were some very huge differences...I was in my late teens and twenties....these were my friends that I was speaking to....and I wasn't in a third world country PAYING for it. I had to work at getting the girl to 'put out'.... some a little more harder than others. But somewhere down the road I matured. Today even if I just finished banging a a few thousand pesos worth, I'm not walking up to somebody I don't know and this is the only subject I can manage to talk about. That's just plain old weird and possibly a sign of some sort of psychosis or self-esteem issue.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
You're ALL gringos...

As CC said it's not a pejorative term in The DR. It just means you're not Dominican, Haitian, Cuban or Puerto Rican...and of course that you're all rich :D. Can you lend me 200 USD? My auntie needs to have operation ASAP and me have no money. You nice Gringo...I promise I pay back soon.:rolleyes:

In Colombia it would be Mono :) However only applies to white blond men..

I've never felt hatred by someone calling me a gringo, I call myself and other gringo's gringo's....
Most of the time to me i am trying to describe someone or the locals are describing by saying gringo 2 doors down etc...

To the OP I'm glad you have had a great experience here so far with Dominicans.
As someone else said on here come back in a few months or year and if i hear the same thing I will drop dead. I'm not saying all or even most are bad people, I have had awesome experiences with many Dominicans but it can get tiring dealing with the rich gringo thing.

I have Dominican friends here, more than expats in fact, only been here 5 months but have had some unfriendly experiences and we are not assholes, we are the opposite really kind, nice, giving people which is the problem.
I need to Grow some balls (literally) and yell more. It gets things done.

Maybe it's different in Santiago from where I live in a small village with poor locals and rich expats on the beach but here the nicer you are the more most take advantage of you.

I've never had gringos talk about non stop chicas or hookers with me. Yes i have been approached by Chicas and keep on going. Not my thing. If it is someone's thing who cares?
Maybe try and find a different crowd of people to hang out with?

Last edited:

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
More power to you dv8...if that's your thing. I went through a similar stage of bragging about my conquests....but there were some very huge differences...I was in my late teens and twenties....these were my friends that I was speaking to....and I wasn't in a third world country PAYING for it. I had to work at getting the girl to 'put out'.... some a little more harder than others. But somewhere down the road I matured. Today even if I just finished banging a a few thousand pesos worth, I'm not walking up to somebody I don't know and this is the only subject I can manage to talk about. That's just plain old weird and possibly a sign of some sort of psychosis or self-esteem issue.

First point: it may very well be a self-esteem issue. Many men on the street here, because of poverty and lack of opportunities, will talk about these matters because it is the one thing they can be proud of.

Second point: unfortunately, a significant number of men visit the country looking for sex. So many local folks now assume a single foreign male who has come here is looking for sex.

Third point: many men who have low self-esteems come here for nookie because, for a few pesos, the working ladies will tell you that you are the sexiest, best-endowed, most handsome man they have ever met, or anything else you want them to tell you.

The best thing to do is smile and nod and pretend that you are jealous of the storyteller's prowess.

And if the story starts getting too much, stop the guy and say, "Que increible. Y todo el tiempo, yo pensaba que tu eras con el otro equipo." (Incredible. And all this time, I thought you played for the other team.") It's machismo, dude.

Charles Lowman

Mar 14, 2010
I have had awesome experiences with many Dominicans but it can get tiring dealing with the rich gringo thing.

Interesting. I have a 'white' gringo friend that is pretty cool. Incidentally he is 'morally inept' as well. He bangs them out at a rate of about 9 per week, all different ones and has an Excel spreadsheet of putas that is color-coded. The guy is very systematic in what he does. But I can sit and tolerate him because he doesn't talk to me about it. Instead I prick his brain for other useful tidbits of business and life experiences info. We tried something for one week and more than 85% of the time they assumed that it was the white gringo who was rich. I like it when I'm out with him because I rarely get hassled. It does happen when I'm alone though.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
That posted twice, not sure how that happened, but since it's storming here, I'm guessing it has something to do with my connection.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I went through a similar stage of bragging about my conquests....but there were some very huge differences...I was in my late teens and twenties.... (..) But somewhere down the road I matured. (...) That's just plain old weird and possibly a sign of some sort of psychosis or self-esteem issue.

you misunderstood. i'd rather hear about sex, hos and sankies than about boring stuff like religion.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
A grown man that keeps a diary, has unusual religious beliefs, doesn't want to talk about womanizing and is unusually concerned about pedophilia...............man I bet your a barrel of laughs to play golf with.

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
Interesting. I have a 'white' gringo friend that is pretty cool. Incidentally he is 'morally inept' as well. He bangs them out at a rate of about 9 per week, all different ones and has an Excel spreadsheet of putas that is color-coded. The guy is very systematic in what he does. But I can sit and tolerate him because he doesn't talk to me about it. Instead I prick his brain for other useful tidbits of business and life experiences info. We tried something for one week and more than 85% of the time they assumed that it was the white gringo who was rich. I like it when I'm out with him because I rarely get hassled. It does happen when I'm alone though.

Thank you for the laugh on this one. The visual was amazing! If it were me, I would have only picked his brain.
Apologies, could not resist.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
you misunderstood. i'd rather hear about sex, hos and sankies than about boring stuff like religion.

You and the Polish priest. There must be something in the Polish gene pool.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

As for dv8 I could be wrong but i do not think SHE is paying for it....:D

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Johnny Boy...this country is certainly big enough to accommodate all sorts of folk obviously. You folk who are always so quick to 'uproot' folk from a country are incredible....comic relief. Lol.

Relax, please. He was making a joke, more about the country and not about you as an individual.

One of the reasons that old fat men come here looking for sex is because the country has a reputation as a sex-deprived man's paradise.

But there are really a number of ex-pats who have settled here in this country because it is more relaxed and the beautiful people are exceptionally warm and friendly and there is no freaking snow. For them, it has nothing to do with sex. Unfortunately, those people don't post on this forum.
:p

Charles Lowman

Mar 14, 2010
A grown man that keeps a diary, has unusual religious beliefs, doesn't want to talk about womanizing and is unusually concerned about pedophilia...............man I bet your a barrel of laughs to play golf with.

Paul....the blog (no body actually writes in a diary these days) is not published. Therefore it is in my mind at least more fitting to call it a diary (albeit digital). Most blogs are probably written by grown men. As are memoirs. My concern about pedophilia isn't unusual it just maybe that I find a 54 year old man bragging about paying poor 14 and 15 year old girls to have sex with him when there is a whole island full of beautiful ADULT women is not normal. But maybe because I'm a father of two young girls and have taught middle and high school science for nearly two decades I may be a tad bit more sensitive about this subject than the average guy. So I'll take that one for the team.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Mamma Moderator says no more talk about religion or race/color. And before you post, make sure it's DR related too.

Thank you, grazie and gracias.

Status
Not open for further replies.