Ochoa in Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
7,716
6
0
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
To follow through on a thread about the owner who died a while ago it was said that the business was run well. I argued then and now I would like to point out some other things fwiw.

I bought a condo with renovation of same a must and have started to do it all.

I went to Ochoa in Santiago to buy ceramic tile for the floor and wall plus installation materials 3 weeks ago. They said it would be delivered on Monday. (big joke I didn't even pay attention to) . I called my buddy AZB on Wednesday to go into Ochoa to raise some hell. He calls me and says that they are going to deliver today after they make a stop in Playa Dorada. Needless to say they didn't come. They finally come on Friday with just the floor tile, not the wall tile and not the trim tile which they said was on another truck that would be there the next day (right!!) They also brought the wrong cement to put the tile down which of course I returned. So now I have about 110 meters of floor tile, no concrete to put the crap down with and no wall tile, no trim tile and cant get a thing done. Just have 4 guys standing around looking at each other.

I call a friend in Puerto Plata, Alberto, and ask him to go into a place to purchase concrete again and get it delivered. He does this and I get half of what I paid for delivered yesterday. Now I have paid 2x for what I need and only have half of what it will take but I can at least start working. I now have to find the other half of the second purchase, get my money back from Ochoa, get my wall tile and trim tile from Ochoa and I will be all set. Not bad for about 3 weeks of work, huh?

Ochoa sucks. They have no respect for their customers, have never once called to even lie to me about why they don't do what they volunteer to do. I have a cellular phone and they have the number. NEVER would they consider being considerate, show any sort of respect or give any type of customer service. They just don't give a shit about anything. Now I have to go back on Tuesday to fight for what is mine!

At least the other Dominican company shipped half of what they got paid for 4 hours after they promised. Not at all bad considering I am in the Dominican Republic.

Avoid Ochoa if you have the choice. I know I certainly will since they only get worse and not better. I am sure that some of you think I am just a loud, fat ugly american and have expectations that are unreasonable but Such is life I guess. If you read this and know anyone at Ochoa let them know that they are regarded in a way that is lower than dog shit and that they need to clean up their act.

Escott
 

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
2,493
0
0
I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of things delivered here to Xandu from Ochoa and never had a problem.

Maybe:
  • They know Scott
  • He behaved at the counter the way he does sometimes with his friends
  • He tried to give the delivery truck directions to Sosua and they got lost
:rolleyes:

Just wondering.

Tom (aka XR)
 
Last edited:

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
2,077
134
0
I have also had problems with Ochoa, some things I bought from there were removed from a bag when my stuff was being 'checked', and I wasn't watching.

It only cost me US $2-$3, but was a bit disturbing.
 

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
664
14
0
I KNOW we have bought more from Ochoa then ......

....likely anyone on this forum. We have NEVER had a problem in any of the years we have worked with them. I suppose, as usual, we are just one of the "lucky ones" down here......
 

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
7,716
6
0
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
XanaduRanch said:
I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of things delivered here to Xandu from Ochoa and never had a problem.

Maybe:
  • They know Scott
  • He behaved at the counter the way he does sometimes with his friends
  • He tried to give the delivery truck directions to Sosua and they got lost
:rolleyes:

Just wondering.

Tom (aka XR)
Yes Tom you are probably right in everything you say. I am just curious if you even know where Ochoa is located? You are fast becoming a legend at giving directions to places and now possibly advice about places you don't even know the location of.

Must be tough being so cool Tom! Keep up the good work though.

After being at Xanadu I wonder what could have even been delivered there! LOL

By the way Tom, 'my' friends dont try to give directions to places that they don't know the location of. They are too sensible for that.
 
Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
7,716
6
0
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
D.D. said:
Scooter, Welcome to the DR! hehehehe
I thought I was immune to the happenings of doing business at Ochoa since my last experience. You know, they say they are delivering on Monday and it wont come for a week later without even the courtesy of a phone call etc.. At least I finally got my stuff last time. This time it doesn't even look that way.

Scott
 

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
2,493
0
0
Escott said:
Yes Tom you are probably right in everything you say. I am just curious if you even know where Ochoa is located? You are fast becoming a legend at giving directions to places and now possibly advice about places you don't even know the location of. Must be tough being so cool Tom! Keep up the good work though. After being at Xanadu I wonder what could have even been delivered there! LOL By the way Tom, 'my' friends dont try to give directions to places that they don't know the location of. They are too sensible for that.
You're funny. If you want to insult me oh flip-flopped one you have a long way to go to catch up with the LTSnyders of the world. Scott, I live in Santiago 1/2 time. I've spent lots of time in Ochoa. Probably almost as much time in their stores as you spend in the DR. No offense, but you brought it up.

I am right in everything I say, in that I have never had a problem. I did not dispute the fact that you have had problems. I did not call you a liar. But since you feel free to post your experiences, I thought I should post mine as well.

I have never had a problem

Tom (aka XR)

It's not tough being this cool, Escott. Not for an Iowan anyway. Maybe for New Yorkers! I have always been cool. I get weirder things than you with my breakfast cereal.

:cool:
 

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
3,830
302
0
75
www.casabush.org
Welcome to LIVING in the DR Scotty!!! Bit different to the occasional visit, isn't it??

I have never had any serious problem with Ochoa (waste disposal didn't have all the parts necessary once so had to take it back for exchange. They did that NO arguments too, but then I was humerous with them & made a joke out of it).

Know EXACTLY how annoying these long deliveries can be. I was waiting for some things from Santiago that took two months to get here - & that was form a Gringo that posts on this board!!!

The tobacco & cables arrived safely via Alberto yesterday - sorry you didn't have time to pop in yourself (or ring me to tell me you were about) I would have welcomed the chance to chat with you!!

Now that I've got those things I'll tell Ochoa you are an 'A-OK' guy again & they can now deliver your tiles etc!! (As IF I had that power!!!). - Grahame.
 

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
7,716
6
0
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
XanaduRanch said:
You're funny. If you want to insult me oh flip-flopped one you have a long way to go to catch up with the LTSnyders of the world. Scott, I live in Santiago 1/2 time. I've spent lots of time in Ochoa. Probably almost as much time in their stores as you spend in the DR. No offense, but you brought it up.

I am right in everything I say, in that I have never had a problem. I did not dispute the fact that you have had problems. I did not call you a liar. But since you feel free to post your experiences, I thought I should post mine as well.

I have never had a problem

Tom (aka XR)

It's not tough being this cool, Escott. Not for an Iowan anyway. Maybe for New Yorkers! I have always been cool. I get weirder things than you with my breakfast cereal.

:cool:
Okey dokey... I have no idea why you choose to give me bullshit but I can respond. I don't know what you have been doing in all that time you spend in Ochoa but it certainly isn't buying stuff for your house if you even want to call it a house. I would consider it less than that and something I would NOT even live in. I have bought more stuff since July in Ochoa than your entire house is worth. If I could buy you for what you were worth and sell you for what you think you are worth a lot of people could retire on the difference.

I now live in the DR and return other places for vacation for whatever that is worth although it doesn't matter what you think because your thoughts have as much credence as the poop out of a street dogs ass.

You get no free shots with me Tom and you will have to suck it up if you plan on giving out bullshit.

You are weirder than anything I have ever seen in any Cereal and most other places.

Next time you plan on giving me a pound of crap you had better stand up on a chair.

Have a nice evening! LOL

Escott
 

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
20,575
326
83
dr1.com
Some of your are pathetic. You should look and read what you post, talk about childish.

Handbags and ten paces.

Closed!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.