October Interviews - Immigration Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
Hi Guys,

My hubby was denied yesterday. He says because we do not have a baby and because he does not have a job lined up in Canada. I do not know the name of the person he spoke to, but I will ask him. Bull**** reasons. Especially, the job. It is like they were lying to him to see if he knew. My husband did nor speak any English when I met him, so communication is still a little foggy at times. I will try to get more details.

My husband had the 'you dont have a baby on the way' line.

She's a ?&$%&%$?*#$?&#*%?* B?&#$%?&$%?.

Altought, my husband will get his visa soon.

Did she said : denied???? Really????

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
twillis, huge age difference.... i know a couple that the women has 5 years more than her husband and sylvie wanted to deny them for this reason... but the woman got pregnant!!!! So now, they will have the visa. I knew too two others couples that have 10-15 years of difference and got denied. Is it the only reason.. we will never know but seems that when she can see a reason to deny, shes jumping into it.

Jess1

Jul 11, 2009
Now I'm worried.....I'm in mid-twenties and my hubby is in his mid-thirties (he's 10yrs older than I am, but he looks really young).

Should I be worried about the age difference too?

Jess

Barbie38

Apr 15, 2009
I do not believe that age difference is the sole reason for a denial. It may be the reason given because they have to give a reason the the rejection letter. More than a 10 year spread may raise question and cause them to look more closely at your relationship. When they review the files they look at many things and have many flags along the way that will make them question the honesty and commitment of the couple. Communication on a daily basis is a big one and the ability to communicate in each others language is another. In proving your relationship is genuine just take a step back and look at your application. Try to play devils advocate and see what they might me seeing. Remember they have seen many many applications from people over the years and although may be jaded in some ways have to be as impartial as possible when making a decision.

It is unfortunate that Cathay and Lisa were denied today, but maybe if they are willing to share a bit of their stories we can all learn from their experience.

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
ladies i'm so sorry!!!! just remember - tomorrow is another day and you will get through this! my husband said syvlia was very strong in the interview but he just answered her - sounds like she can be pretty intimidating - he also said she asked about what language we speak together and when he said english she said ok speak english with me and asked a bunch of questions in english fast.. he said it was hard but he got through it.... he wasn't in there very long - maybe 20-30 minutes. we don't have any children - she asked how many we wanted to have in the future though.. at lot of the questions were very specific to our file, which we kind of knew there were a couple areas they would want to explore - no relationship is without its complicated parts...
but i know my husband said she was very tough and then just suddenly said she believed our love was true and she was finished and he'd have his passport back in 30-45 days...
I was a little worried when he came back so fast...
i almost think now they make their mind up ahead of time and just use the interview to confirm what they already think... but who really knows - there a million things that can impact what they do or don't do....
i wish everyone all the best - this site has been such a great resource and shoulder to lean on...
i know everything will work out for everyone in the end.... stay strong, stay positive and remember why you're putting yourself through this all...

Jess1

Jul 11, 2009
Thanks Twillis for your words of encouragement. This might be a dumb question but how could him being 10 yrs older than me work for us?

Thanks again,

Jess

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
i think my husband being older than me worked for us - but no one willl ever know for sure - i just think it looks better than if the women is 10 years older than the man - that one too closely resembles a stereotype we never speak of here

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
LOL ... exactly Kacy!!

Jess, it is always more acceptable when the man is older; that's just life. Just be happy its working for you as this process is tough and difficult as it is.

It always hard when someone gets denied. We all panic cuz we all feel the pain for them; and pray it won't be us.

Jess1

Jul 11, 2009
Twillis,

You are soooo right about panicking! As soon as I read the word denial anywhere I get this terrible feeling in my stomach.

I just want my hubby here so I can forget about this process.

Santos

Aug 10, 2008
Look Backwards

Hi to everybody and sorry for the recent bad news. I wanted to post to share something I was thinking, something that Kacy wrote as well. In this thread there's a focus on this Sylvie, and she sounds like a piece or work, but that may be a mistake. Kacy mentioned that her mind may be made up from even before the interview starts. If that's so, then there must be info in the files, and that info was probably put there by the individual case workers.

For those of us who were lucky enough not to have our husband's get interviewed, the decision to approve was done by the person processing our files. I think something that can be learned from the refusals is to put more effort into the application and proof of the relationship, focusing on family and communication-try to head off the interview. Maybe include a letter with your application detailing how well you communicate and what your shared goals are in terms of family life.

Again, sorry to you girls and I hope things get worked out.

S.

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
I'm sorry to hear that Cathay and Lisa.Jensen were denied. I cannot imagine how you are feeling.
Kacy, congrats! You must be so excited!

As for the decision being made before the interview; if this is the way it is, then why do they even bother scheduling an interview? This whole process is making me angrier by the day!
For Lisa and Cathay, keep at it. I believe it's your right to have you spouse in Canada with you.
My thoughts and prayers are with both of you!

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
Heh double x (that's my nickname for you cuz I always type it wrong) :) I'm not sure if they make up their minds before the interviews, but I would imagine that if that were the case, they still have to interview for appeal purposes.
I think you are doing everything right and you shouldn't worry. Worrying just causes more stress, and I know, I do it every day. :(
Today is a new day. No worries.

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
twillis,
you are right :)
I did all that I could do for my application and provided all the appropriate proof that I had. All I can do is wait. It's just really disheartening to read about people getting denied :(
Thanks for the encouragement!

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Nothing surprises me..

Hi everyone..

I'm sorry to hear cathay and Lisa that your husbands applications have been denied. Keep at it. It's a long hard battle, but Dominican Daisy just made it through the process a second time and proved to them that they were wrong. Keep fighting!

Kacy; Congrats... you think immigration was tough...wait til he gets here and you have to teach him everything...the real process begins when he arrives. I wish you all the best as you start your new lives together.

Stay strong everyone..don't let immigration break your spirit!

Salud
Sandy

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Great words of advice Sandy!

As for making their decision prior to the interview.....I'm not sure if I am right but....

I think it would be pretty standard to have made a preliminary decision going into the interview.

They are interviewing BECAUSE they don't really believe the relationship or something important about you or your spouse to be true and want to question it further.

From my thinking, that almost means that unless you can prove yourself to more legitimate than your application portrays you to be it would likely be a denial.

If they didn't have any questions about your "genuineness" then you would be approved without an interview.

Going back to what Santos said about communication.....

How many people include proof of communication in some form other than calling cards...ex..detailed phone bills, emails, chat records etc....and were still asked for an interview?

I think it might be a good question for discussion....

DISCUSSION MOVED HERE....

http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/966...ws-focus-communication-family.html#post799090

Last edited:

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
A couple of things - while I said it seemed like their mind was made up - I agree with Sangria - it was a prelim decision and the interview either confirmed that or would make them take another look.

we included detailed phone bills -not phone cards - i used my detailed cell and home phone bills to show how often and how many minutes we spoke. there were some questions around this in the interview. I'll take this comment to the new discussion.

Try not to get frustrated - its a long process and staying positive makes it go so much easier - dont' get too caught up in what one person did that you didn't do - there were lots of things on the site we never did and sometimes I was like should we be doing that - but in the end - its your story - there is no formula to this process.

SJSantos thanks for the tips - so true - we've already started to focus on the "must knows" etc of getting him set up here and I'll be taking some time off work to get him orientated to his new community and take care of some other things.

best of luck all!

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
Hi there Cathay.
I'm so sorry for you.
My husband had Sylvie Matas on the april 30 for his interview.
She didn't beleive him to be honest with me.
She gave us 90 days to bring more proofs.
But she used pretty arsh words during the interview.
Now, my husband droped his passeport and it is gooing well.

You should write to her

What do you have to loose.
Tell her that you are gooing to appeal and put an end to her scaring people.

Good luck, and i sure will help too if you need exemples.

Buenas noches

I would be careful about replying - Sylvia sent us an email directly the other day about finishing off our file and without thinking I hit reply to respond -I got an auto-reply email back saying they had forwarded my email but to never contact an officer directly unless specifically asked to contact them directly and to always use the general email address... I was mortified - we're so close - I was like god I hope I didn't ruin it all with a simple mistake in hitting reply on my email...

so I would use the general email address - they seem to get back to you quickly - even to me - and we don't have the use of representative form filled out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.