Off Topic Forum Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Unless those advertisers had over 500 posts, they couldn’t even see OT.
I am glad YOU said this .. and it is Fact ..

Posting False info , is what some people do here to make their Point ..

I though it was a TECHINCAL issue , which caused the ADS and Banners to disappear ?

If the owners of DR1 really need help... some of us actually do have Really good IT people who can assist , FREE of Charge ..
what other " community" would make such an offer ? these people make Strong 6 Figures , and would be willing to help out ..
Again, your futile attempt at mind reading has failed......but never mind...... I stopped responding to your drivel a long time ago.

no one is talking to you..
get Your Masters Degree in Marketing, or IT Technology Certificates , and then come back ..

and stop posting Fake into ..
Post a single Real Estate Advertiser who decided to Stop Advertising here because of the OT forum ..

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Haha. There was not ONE advertiser on DR one for years. Just recently Guzman came back.

Jan 9, 2004
You make some valid points but I am thinking it’s also to some extent a business decision if the off topic section ended up having more traffic than the DR forum.

And the responses here so far, from both sides, should offer a glimpse on what is likely to spill over into the other forums.

What business decision would prompt closing Off Topic only to move those posters to inject politics or differing points of view on other non-DR matters.......into the main forums?

How will politics not get discussed for example in any Covid-19 discussion about travel warnings/bans from various countries? It is after all human nature.

Bad decision..........and this thread, if you read it carefully, offers even more support/evidence that it is likely to be...............a bad decision.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Why, If you stand up to sexism your gay?
You could not be so wrong. Never had a same sex relationship in my life, have you? I am a father to four girls and hate when I see sexism, we all have a mother, lots of us sisters and many have daughters, If your sexist your a DICK

• Love
Reactions: Africaida

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
And the responses here so far, from both sides, should offer a glimpse on what is likely to spill over into the other forums.

What business decision would prompt closing Off Topic only to move those posters to inject politics or differing points of view on other non-DR matters.......into the main forums?

How will politics not get discussed for example in any Covid-19 discussion about travel warnings/bans from various countries? It is after all human nature.

Bad decision..........and this thread, if you read it carefully, offers even more support/evidence that it is likely to be...............a bad decision.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
I have a tendency to post about countries where I have lived or Denmark where I am from as comparisons to the DR. I try to link it to the DR. I don’t mind it being erased if it turns out not to be relevant to the DR. The US politics could be the same. If it’s somehow relevant to the DR then post. I was not posting much before the pandemic. Now I found it very useful for getting info in the DR during the pandemic and in English. There is nowhere else for it. Dolores news section is excellent blent into the forum. There has been a change I think for the better with more moderating. Its as if there is a new Sheriff in town.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Just look at this thread. The crew from the US politics thread have entered this post and now all the bickering has begun. I understand theyre disappointed but this is the exact proof of why that forum was buried. I just dont understand why politics make some of you people go completely batshit crazy. Anyways whats done is done; move on!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Surely there are countless other forums on the web to discuss US politics. What that thread and the forum turned into was absolutely toxic and an embarrassment to such a great community like DR1.

I admire Dolores for what she has accomplished and the space she has provided for people with an interest in the DR- its people, culture, food, music, language etc. I am glad to be a part of this community and I hope my contributions enhance the already great forum that is.

Congratulations Dolores and cheers to a new and focused DR1.

Regards,

MP.

I couldn't agree more.....
I saw it as a disaster from the get-go

It was started as a cop out.... to try and corral out of hand posters
It back fired
the tail now wags the dog

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Just look at this thread. The crew from the US politics thread have entered this post and now all the bickering has begun. I understand theyre disappointed but this is the exact proof of why that forum was buried. I just dont understand why politics make some of you people go completely batshit crazy. Anyways whats done is done; move on!
The first bickering post was #3, by Scot. What proof do you have that this forum was buried, how would a forum get buried by have an off topic section?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Why, If you stand up to sexism your gay?
You could not be so wrong. Never had a same sex relationship in my life, have you? I am a father to four girls and hate when I see sexism, we all have a mother, lots of us sisters and many have daughters, If your sexist your a DICK

Didn't wanna imply that you're gay just that you belong to that rainbow alphabet group that bitches about everything masculine.
By the way isn't that also called sexism?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The US politics thread was nothing compared to the Monfongo thread Robert started before he sold DR1. He encouraged racism and bickering.
It was hilarious if you like that sort of thing. Down right shameful if you didn't.
Either way its all gone now and I will have to look for another source of daily humor and political discussions.
I guess I can un-ignore a few of the regulars too.

Reactions: ramesses

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I will miss the off topic thread for what it once was and for what it could have been...not for what it had become.
Twitter bans Q-anon and dr1 shuts down the off topic forum all within the same 24 hour period.
Who could have seen that coming?
Hah.
Must be...
The new and improved MAGA.
Mega American Grand Awakening!!!

Reactions: caribmike

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
And many of the responses in this thread are what was a big problem in OT. Lack of respect for opposing opinions and ideas, totally going off on unrelated tangents, etc.

A decision has been made by the owner of this site. We hope those of you who mostly posted in OT will continue to contribute in the rest of the forums.

What will NOT happen is a transfer of the OT chaos to the Dominican threads. That ends right now.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
I am glad YOU said this .. and it is Fact ..

Posting False info , is what some people do here to make their Point ..

I though it was a TECHINCAL issue , which caused the ADS and Banners to disappear ?

If the owners of DR1 really need help... some of us actually do have Really good IT people who can assist , FREE of Charge ..
what other " community" would make such an offer ? these people make Strong 6 Figures , and would be willing to help out ..

no one is talking to you..
get Your Masters Degree in Marketing, or IT Technology Certificates , and then come back ..

and stop posting Fake into ..
Post a single Real Estate Advertiser who decided to Stop Advertising here because of the OT forum ..

May I take you up on your offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.