Off topic posts deleted!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
My deleted off topic posts are typically responses to someone else's post.
Maybe I just don't get it but my last deleted post was a comparison between cleaning up crime in N.Y. vs here. Yes it was responding to Gorgon (I think he actually gets more posts deleted than I do) but it was still relevant to the initial topic.
I am too old to be treated like a child.
Don't worry Mods.... no more from me.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
My deleted off topic posts are typically responses to someone else's post.
Maybe I just don't get it but my last deleted post was a comparison between cleaning up crime in N.Y. vs here.
I feel your pain.

Respectfully, I feel that a post comparing here to elsewhere should (within reason) generally be allowed, especially when comparing to a similar country or to a country from which many posters/expats come.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
I feel your pain.

Respectfully, I feel that a post comparing here to elsewhere should (within reason) generally be allowed, especially when comparing to a similar country or to a country from which many posters/expats come.

Lets all go to Dominican Today! You can say what you want! Call a Spanish person Spanish and an Arab - Arab. The Moderators on DR1 Have nothing more to do than hunt for what they dislike. You can post all kinds of offending things but not what Moderators dislike. This has become a place to berate and threaten posters that want to help each other. I will now be stricken and eliminated by the Moderators for what i have said. But I believe in freedom of speech i can say in Dominican news papers what i cannot say here. So you will have seen the last of me here as soon as the moderators blow their TOPS! BYE!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Lets all go to Dominican Today! You can say what you want! Call a Spanish person Spanish and an Arab - Arab. The Moderators on DR1 Have nothing more to do than hunt for what they dislike. You can post all kinds of offending things but not what Moderators dislike. This has become a place to berate and threaten posters that want to help each other. I will now be stricken and eliminated by the Moderators for what i have said. But I believe in freedom of speech i can say in Dominican news papers what i cannot say here. So you will have seen the last of me here as soon as the moderators blow their TOPS! BYE!

I think you have the wrong idea. Unfortunately it's been said so many times in so many forums and some people still don't seem to understand. All forums except for the OT forum has to be DOMINICAN related. When someone asks how much is rice (for example) in SD? The first couple of post might actually be helpful but then some will say, I have no idea how much rice it but in timbuktu I found this really nice place to buy bananas. Then each post after that is about an thing and everything NOT DR related. Mod might warn once to stay on topic but people ignore that and continue with other things that has nothing to do with the DR or the question asked. This is why posts get deleted and this is why after many warnings people get infractions. Why is this so hard to understand?

Last edited by a moderator:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
And on the flip side, Off Topic "CANNOT" have anything DR related............
These rules are in place for everyone, including the Moderators........
No one is being singled out.......

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
And on the flip side, Off Topic "CANNOT" have anything DR related............
These rules are in place for everyone, including the Moderators........
No one is being singled out.......

I still say Dominican Today has no moderators and seems to be doing just fine. You say what you want and like good journalism it is displayed for all. This is grade school ware the teacher scolds you for whispering . Moderators feel their strength and ability to castigate and as I have seen take great pride in shaming and denouncing people for next to nothing. I wish the old DR1 without moderators was back again. People who post here are to help each other not castigate them. Now that should get me banished from DR1.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I still say Dominican Today has no moderators and seems to be doing just fine. You say what you want and like good journalism it is displayed for all. This is grade school ware the teacher scolds you for whispering . Moderators feel their strength and ability to castigate and as I have seen take great pride in shaming and denouncing people for next to nothing. I wish the old DR1 without moderators was back again. People who post here are to help each other not castigate them. Now that should get me banished from DR1.

Dude, If you hate this place so much, delete the bookmark, and have a MOD change your password.
It's really pretty simple, WOW!

Go make an A?ejo and fresh OJ and walk along the shore and watch the water going over your toes.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
For goodness' sake some of you people..
This is just an internet forum...

Let me address this. You are correct in a manner of speaking, but it should be clearly obvious that people have varying degrees of vested interests in the sites which they partake in.
DR1 is no different.

People behave here like they do in real life, with one exception. Real life has a way of curbing extremes. The internet allows for those extremes to find a voice, with little to no consequences. So someone's petty frustrations, muted by the realities of everyday life, are allowed to hold center court because the consequences here are minimal.

One thing we get, thanks to the Off-Topic section, is a view into the psyche of someone's true self when allowed to say what they really feel. Mods have to be cat herders, lion tamers, and psychiatric orderlies all at once. And we have to be unbiased when enforcing the rules. So when a poster accuse us of whatever biased and/or hardfisted behavior, think for a moment what it's like being on the other side and having to deal with YOU*.

(*When I say YOU, I mean this in a general sense. Not singling out wrecksum specifically.)

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
By the way On Dominican Today I am ciber you can read my comments on all subjects and reply in any way you please!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I still say Dominican Today has no moderators and seems to be doing just fine. You say what you want and like good journalism it is displayed for all. This is grade school ware the teacher scolds you for whispering . Moderators feel their strength and ability to castigate and as I have seen take great pride in shaming and denouncing people for next to nothing. I wish the old DR1 without moderators was back again. People who post here are to help each other not castigate them. Now that should get me banished from DR1[/U.].

What year was that? I've been here since July 1999 and we've always had mods. Only Robert till about 2002/2003.:)

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
And you can deal with me in any way you feel that it may make you more important and justified in creating this type of words exchange.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

Dominican Today it is then for you. You aren't married to DR1, don't need a divorce to walk away! Don't let the door hit you in the posterior on the way out!
Der Fish

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
I met Robert when he first came to the Dominican republic and joined when he told me he had a web page which was replacing Dominic republic news. I have lived here for more than 40 years. Need any more facts just ask if i know and feel they are correct I will supply them!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I still say Dominican Today has no moderators and seems to be doing just fine. You say what you want and like good journalism it is displayed for all.

Good journalism is vetted for sources and edited by a competent editor, which is why there is quite a difference between someone's semi-literate musings on an internet site and what you would read in, say, the NY Times.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
I never got hit in the ass by anything except foolish statements. Grow up accept some opinions of others!

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I met Robert when he first came to the Dominican republic and joined when he told me he had a web page which was replacing Dominic republic news. I have lived here for more than 40 years. Need any more facts just ask if i know and feel they are correct I will supply them!

That is why your join date is Jul 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.