OK...are you ready for my report?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I was waiting for the prince to kiss the... nah, forget it.
Fun post, made me laugh and I'm glad DR1 educated you.
The sankies must hate us :)

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Thank you guys for your kind replies...I hope everyone took my account of events with a grain of salt...this is after all what I do for a living...I write stories...but all I said is true!

As far as me "being swept off my feet and walking toward the sunset to a new life of debauchery and adventure..." as Pib suggests...THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M WAITING FOR ALSO!!!

My fairy tale ends in the DR ...maybe not with a handsome prince...but at least living there and enjoying a much simpler life!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
mq, thanks for answering.

i hate to see any profession maligned without specific info, hence my question.

any person who represents the charter airline should not be considered a travel agent. it's like the difference between an insurance agent and an insurance broker. one represents only one company, the other "represents" many.

a good travel agent will do anything they can (within reason:classic: ) to get you the best price and the best service. if they don't, you, as a consumer alway have the option of going elsewhere.

glad you enjoyed your trip, i hope the next one will be even better. [ less ------ (you fill in the blanks) interruptus, more action.]

mob

Diana

Jan 1, 2002
Musicqueen, I loved your post. I stayed as well at Melia Caribe/Tropical but a couple years back. I was trying to see if I could catch on to any of the animation staff you mentioned, but nah....maybe the mosky guy...if it's the same guy we use to nickname him Mosquito because he was so annoying. I was dying of laughter when you mentioned the infamous Villas Bavaro (so it's still around;) )...the owners must be making some serious cash with that one famous cabana in Bavaro!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Diana...yes! it's the famous Mosquito...but I don't think he's annoying...he was very sweet to me, my son and my brother...We had breakfast together the last morning and he even taught my son how to say: Would you like to go dancing with me tonight? in Portuguese...'cause my son wanted to invite a girl to go to the club with him that night, but he doesn't know Portuguese...So, I hold him dear to my heart...as well as most of the people I've met in the different resorts I've stayed in.

But it has nothing to do with matters of the heart of another sort...

For that, I'm waiting to go set up camp over there and then take my pick! LOL!!!

Diana

Jan 1, 2002
Hey Musicqueen, I just checked out your pictures...very nice. Those pictures bring back good memories...I loved that resort. I have a picture of Mosquito as well, I think it's the same guy...but with that face he put on it's hard to tell! It was my friend that called him annoying as he would never leave her alone....we had others to worry about ;) He seems to have matured over the last few years...even by the photo. Plus it was our first time there so we didn't know what to expect with these guys. But like you said, lucky for DR1... poor sankies must really hate us...but I still love the DR and always have a good time there.

oh one day I may join you as well :cool:

J

J's Girl

Musicqueen - I have to agree with you on Americans being spoiled. I've been to the DR 9 times since Jan 02 (next trip in March :) - can't wait!), and I work in the travel industry. I always find the conversations on the return flight interesting. I work in the "complaint" department at a tour operator, and some of the things our clients write to us about are just amazing...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
J's Girl: What a demeaning nick...

Anyway, how about letting us know some of what youhear? Might be very good feedback for us..
With appreciation..

HB

Dec 9, 2002
Hey MQ, it's Monday morning here in England, I just got in to work after freezing my fingers off whilst scraping the ice off the windscreen, I was in a real bad mood. The first thing I do is log on to DR1 and read your post - fantastic! It's changed my whole mood! All my colleagues here in this drab finance company want to know what I'm smiling about!!

Anyway, it's a great post - thanks a lot!!

J

J's Girl

Hillbilly - not such a great nic where I come from either lol

Our clients complain about anything & everything. Food, weather, other clients - you name it. Most of the complaints we seem to get about the DR involve the locals, (and how there are too many of them!) and that English isn't widely spoken. Go figure on the last one....

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hope you're joking. If they don't want to see locals then they should have stayed home. :rolleyes:
Let me rant here: I want to go somewhere different but I want everything like home. LOL. It's not directed at you J's girl I just needed to rant

trishdeyar

Oct 16, 2002
www.hiddenhilltop.com
Anna

Anna, I agree with you 100%. Isn't a big part of vacation leaving what's "familiar" with you to learn and expand yourself? That's probably why I relax so much on vacation. It's a completely new environment for me - it's like the world as I know it stops and I get to experience this new fabulous way of life. How can anyone not be happy with this? :) (I'm probably known as an eternal optimist!)

Last year when we travelled to DR our plane was held up and extra day because of a cracked windshield. I listened to so many people complain ... my thoughts were .. I'm ~stuck~ here in this beautiful hotel where it's warm and I can eat and drink whatever I want for an extra night.......hmmmmm....I'm not complaining!!! :cheeky: though I also realize people have commitments they had to get back to etc...which made it hard for them. I was lucky - everything at my home was taken care of.

J

J's Girl

Anna

I think I am going to recommend that those people try Cancun on their next trip...

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
our plane was held up and extra day because of a cracked windshield.

HMMM- Let me get this straight, cracked windshield = extra day, I wonder how hard one would have to throw a rock?
John:confused:

Last edited:

La Morena

Feb 7, 2003
OH! I am sooo jealous. I've been to Punta Cana more times than I care to admit! I'll be back there in March. Where did you stay? And, the Villas, are you talking about The Vista?? Been there... lol..I've also been to Mangu and Areito - too bad you didn't go there anyhow. They play mostly all merengue, bachata, and cumbia. What a disappointment, though, to have missed Aventura!

jrshd9

Oct 31, 2002
Great Post!! I will be making my first trip to the DR very soonand can only hope to enjoy it as you have!!

jRSHD9:cool:

bpm619

Feb 8, 2003
MusicQueen, Please tell me about the Villas Bavaro Cabanas.....what am i missing...Thanks