Ok boys and girls,how much?

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
correction:

As far as Obama goes, no doubt GW left the US in a precarious state financial wise but it seems like "bizarro logic" to over spend the same amount that GW did in 8 years (4 trillion) in LESS than 3 to get the US on good financial footing.

He makes the worst president in American history look good.

3 years in and nothing significant to show for except making veterans life more miserable
and breaking promises.

Welt

May 11, 2010
He makes the worst president in American history look good.

3 years in and nothing significant to show for except making veterans life more miserable
and breaking promises.

Nah... this economy was the worst since the Great Depression... only God can fix this economy in 4 years. His problem is he is trying to please everyone and the other side is playing him like a sucka for it. When u too nice they jam u up and then blame u for not doing anything. smh. I don't blame the tow truck driver for struggling to pull my car out of a ditch.

Welt

May 11, 2010
Nah... this economy was the worst since the Great Depression... only God can fix this economy in 4 years. His problem is he is trying to please everyone and the other side is playing him like a sucka for it. When u too nice they jam u up and then blame u for not doing anything. smh. I don't blame the tow truck driver for struggling to pull my car out of a ditch.

All that being said NY_Dad I hope u make it to DR and hopefully I will be right behind u.

Welt

May 11, 2010
correction:

As far as Obama goes, no doubt GW left the US in a precarious state financial wise but it seems like "bizarro logic" to over spend the same amount that GW did in 8 years (4 trillion) in LESS than 3 to get the US on good financial footing.

It actually depends on what u r spending or investing in. Investing in your people is always a good way to start.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It actually depends on what u r spending or investing in. Investing in your people is always a good way to start.

On a small level maybe but the construction industry is still in the midst of a depression and Obama has done zilch in that regard.

In fact the money they lent those banks have only helped the owners and shareholders as opposed to my clients who can't get a loan to build a doghouse - oh well so much for the theory that only Republicans make big businesses rich.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
thieves!!!!lol

All that being said NY_Dad I hope u make it to DR and hopefully I will be right behind u.
I'm trying to build a budget and you bastards turn this thread to politics...lol,go start a new thread if you wanna do that.On a lighter note,yeah,hopefully it will work out for the both of us brother

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I'm trying to build a budget and you bastards turn this thread to politics...lol,go start a new thread if you wanna do that.On a lighter note,yeah,hopefully it will work out for the both of us brother

Oops sorry.

my final advice - move to Santiago porque Santiago es Santiago. :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nyc dad, your quote attempt was a bit messy :) so i did not understand: have YOU been injured and operated?
that reminded me about one big thing you never mentioned, no one did, actually - INSURANCE. you have to have a health insurance in DR, especially if you have kids (even more so if you have or have had any health issues). best ones are ars humano and ars universal:
ARS Humano
Universal

good plans are expensive but worth it, they cover doctors, hospitals, medicine, you name it (a percantage, actually). i suggest you look at their offer and when the time comes meet with representative. this is one of the essential things that often goes forgotten and obscured by other necessities. you can get individual plans or a family plan that will cover all of you. beware, seguro will not cover pre-existing condition, but they are not likely to do a heath check on anyone fairly young (i never had one done prior to taking insurance but i know people have been checked).

Welt

May 11, 2010
I will save that for another thread this is about DR

Last edited:

Welt

May 11, 2010

I am sorry nyc dad forgive me.

Welt

May 11, 2010
What are u guys take on Cabarete as a moving destination? I have a friend that live there but what do u guys think about Cabarete... I know u mentioned Santiago Chip.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
injure and repaired...lol

nyc dad, your quote attempt was a bit messy :) so i did not understand: have YOU been injured and operated?
that reminded me about one big thing you never mentioned, no one did, actually - INSURANCE. you have to have a health insurance in DR, especially if you have kids (even more so if you have or have had any health issues). best ones are ars humano and ars universal:
ARS Humano
Universal

good plans are expensive but worth it, they cover doctors, hospitals, medicine, you name it (a percantage, actually). i suggest you look at their offer and when the time comes meet with representative. this is one of the essential things that often goes forgotten and obscured by other necessities. you can get individual plans or a family plan that will cover all of you. beware, seguro will not cover pre-existing condition, but they are not likely to do a heath check on anyone fairly young (i never had one done prior to taking insurance but i know people have been checked).
well yeah,I was operated already,I'm not messed up,I just can't perform what I used to do(according to them)anymore.Thanks for the link for the health coverage,I will definitely check it out.By the way guys,I was just busting chops,you can talk about whatever you like...usa1.com? that's hilarious!!!!that's why I love this forum

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
I don't know bro,yeah I have checked out Santiago,definitely more bang for your buck.But where over there can I get safety,amenities within walking distance,top notch bilingual schools?I have no knowledge of Santiago like that,please mention some towns within Santiago...like,what would be the equivalent of Santo Domingo centro over there?
Oops sorry.

my final advice - move to Santiago porque Santiago es Santiago. :)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I don't know bro,yeah I have checked out Santiago,definitely more bang for your buck.But where over there can I get safety,amenities within walking distance,top notch bilingual schools?I have no knowledge of Santiago like that,please mention some towns within Santiago...like,what would be the equivalent of Santo Domingo centro over there?

If quality of life and safety is important, Santiago has few peers. Also, Santiago Christian school has a very good and proven program and I have met very functional English speakers that went there. Then you also have la PUCMM and plenty of malls and good restaurants. Not only that traffic is manageable and the weather is 10 times better than the capital. Finally, the coup de etat is ciba?os are well known for their cordiality.